Ross Department Stores are a chain of stores in over 37 states in various locations. They were founded in 1982, and they have been fast-growing since then. They are the biggest department stores with the highest discount prices in the US. They are fast-growing, and they keep on growing, and so they hire a lot. They are always looking for people to work in their buying offices, retail locations, distribution centers, and even their corporate spots. Their payment is steady and unwavering. It does not fluctuate. There are a lot of benefits to be gained. Everyone who has worked simultaneously or the other has all had the same date as the payday. But the amount paid is a different matter. The salary at Ross Stores depends on the work done. For instance, a Sales Associate gets paid 10 dollars at an average hourly pay. In contrast, an Assistant Store Manager, an average too, gets paid 17 dollars for an hour. And so on, it ranges also for a Stock Associate and a Store Protection Specialist, because on an average, they get paid 10 dollars and 12 dollars, respectively. So, your position and the job done determines the pay you get. It is not fixed. What is common to all, though, in Ross Stores is an employee discount. Everybody gets it. Whether you are a Sales Associate, a Store Protection Specialist, a Stock Associate, or an Assistant Store Manager, whatever your position may be, you are entitled to a 20 percent discount. For every store product you purchase, you get a discount of 20 percent on each. It is the company’s policy. As for the payday, it is the same for all employees. Also, it pay biweekly, every other Friday. Every two weeks, you can expect your paycheck from Ross Stores every Friday. If you are wondering how they pay their employees, you want to apply for a job there, and you need to know the semantics, which is absolutely wise, then you can rest assured you get paid every two weeks on Friday. Reports have shown that a good portion of employees at Ross Stores attest to the payday and that it never wavers too.
Benefits to Be Gained in Working at Ross Stores
There are a lot of benefits to be gained below are a few:
- Life Insurance – Working at Ross Stores guarantees life insurance. This is the best and greatest benefit of working at Ross Stores, you can be sure your life insurance is covered by the company once you become an employee at Ross Stores
- Health Insurance – Not only do you get life insurance when you work at Ross Stores, but you also get health insurance. This covers all your medical and health related issues, all medical bills will be taken care of by Ross Stores. But you have to be an employee of Ross Stores for this to be viable.
- Paid Leave – When working at Ross stores, all time off, vacation, sick days, absent days, are all paid for. You do not have to worry about losing money when you are not at work for a day or two. It guarantees paid time off and vacation.
- Payment of Tuition – Another benefit of working at Ross Stores is the payment of tuition or at least the assistance of it. As long as you are an employee of Ross Stores, some of the burdens of your tuition fees would be carried by Ross Stores.
- Training – Working at Ross Stores no doubt is training itself, you get to learn a lot from working there. You get to see things, hear things, become experienced, and it is a training process for anyone who works there. Working in Ross Stores gives you experience.
- Discount for Employees – As an employee, you get to enjoy the privilege of having a 20 percent discount on all products you buy in Ross Stores.
- Insurance for Disability – They takes care of disability insurance. Working at Ross Stores guarantees steady disability insurance so that when you are working for Ross Stores, you need not worry about disability insurance, they have got you covered.
- Health Savings Account – You get an account for health savings when you work at Ross Stores. As soon as you begin working for Ross stores, you get to open a Health Savings Account (HSA), it is one of the benefits to be gained from working for Ross Stores.
- New Baby Time – New baby time, also known as Maternity leave, or in the case of the father, paternity leave, is of course also guaranteed when you are working at Ross Stores. You can be rest assured you will get time off when it becomes necessary for you to stop working, in order to prepare for the new baby.
These are only a few of the benefits to be gained from working at Ross Stores. There are a lot more!
Awards Won by Ross Stores Over the Years
It have been in business as far back as 1982, and they have been growing steadily and greatly ever since, so it is no surprise that they have won several awards for their long years in service, and they have been recognized for their business ethics. Below are a few of those awards:
- In 2015, they won the Fortune 500, given to them by Fortune Magazine. A really great achievement on their part.
- In 2017, they won the STORES Top Retailers 2017, which was given to them by the National Retail Federation, another great achievement.
- In 2019, they won the America’s Best Employers By State, which was given to them by none other than Forbes Magazine. This one is probably the best, by far.
- Do I need experience to be able to get a job in Ross Stores? No, you need no experience, just be 18 and above, and ready to work.
- How can I apply for a job at Ross? There is an “Apply Now” button on their website, click that and follow further instructions.