An American retail company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, United States, serves in more than 1400 stores in 47 different states, employing 22 900 employees. We will discuss Big Lots Hiring Age here. The company was found in 1967 by Sol A Shenk and is known for selling food, beverages, clothing, housewares, electronics, clothing, toys, and furniture. Trace a lot more information on the website biglots.com.
Big Lots Hiring Age 2021
A Minimum of 16 years old is the age requirement for entry-level non-experienced candidates, while for pursuing other positions, a candidate must be 18 years old and possess some in-hand experience.
Besides knowing the age barrier, there is a lot of other information that you must grab before you get down to finally applying at Big Lots directly. Here in the article below, you shall receive all the information simply by scrolling down and definitely not regretting your time invested at the end of it.
The methods of applying at Big Lots has been the first necessity to mention here followed by many more to cherish upon:
- The online method of application submission is the best as you can control many things from the click of your fingers themselves.
- To apply online, you must Firstly, Visit the careers page and then trace Big Lots from the displayed list of company names.
- Put in your area code correctly to get a hold of your nearest store.
- Once you have in mind which position you want to apply for, you shall see many other positions opening up as a list.
- Explore your options by reading the general requirements of all positions and particular expectations from others too and then select your dreamy job and start filling in the application form, which requires your personal and professional details of identity, residence, work, birth, contact, experience, availability, expectations, etc.
- Ensure you check all the filled-in details very carefully before desiring to click on the ‘apply now button.
- Applications can be printed as well, so if you think submitting an offline application at the store might be a better option, then you must get going with it but ensure you fill the application form in good readable handwriting.
- Either way, you will have to have the patience until they reviewed all the applications that might have come in through both online and paper form.
- If you have the question of whether you should follow up on your profile or not, then the suggestion to all the readers is that you should definitely check back on the status of your application.
- Sometimes it serves as a source of reason for the hirers to pick your profile for the next steps of the hiring process, thinking you are really interested in having the position.
- However, when contacting or visiting the nearest store, be very much polite in tone and action and do not let your high pitch take away the opportunity of a job you long desired for.
- The person on the desk has been handling many similar questions and innumerable calls all day long since the applications started coming in; thus, you are expected to be gentle and allow him or her to do his or her job accurately.
- Interviews are the next important step in the process. Here all the prospective candidates shall be informed pre hand of the timings, venue, and dressing. It is usually a fun part where you are expected to know about your company’s knowledge and discuss other important things for future achievements.
- Certain general questions that you could prepare for the interview are as follows,
- What makes you a fit person for the job?
- Does the company know enough about your previous services?
- What could you suggest for raising the sale of merchandise?
- Do you wish to inquire anything about the company?
- Where do you see yourself in the next few years with the company?
- Drug tests are not usually done unless the candidate who is being considered for a position in the company is suspected of doing drugs particularly.
- Background tests are definitely conducted on all candidates before employment, and the results do not take more than two to three days.
How long does the entire hiring process at Big Lots take for applicants to receive the offer letter in hand?
The hiring process takes two weeks at most. Although as per Glassdoor Economic Research, the average time that any hiring process takes in America is no less than 23 days which, if closely seen, is more than three weeks.
What are the different payment rates of various positions of employees working at Big Lots Company?
The pay chart is the same for several positions a different for others to check them out read below,
- A Stocker makes $ 10 on average, ranging from as low as $ 8 to as much as $ 15 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A Cashier makes $ 10 on average, ranging from as low as $ 8 to as much as $ 13 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A Sales associate makes $ 10 on average, ranging from as low as $ 8 to as much as $ 13 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A Retail store assistant manager makes $ 17 on average, ranging from as low as $ 13 to as much as $ 23 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A warehouse leader makes $ 13 on average, ranging from as low as $ 10 to as much as $ 17 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A retail manager makes $ 19 on average, ranging from as low as $ 12 to as much as $ 26 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A Merchandise coordinator makes $ 17 on average, ranging from as low as $ 13 to as much as $ 22 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A key holder makes $ 12 on average, ranging from as low as $ 9 to as much as $ 15 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A crew leader makes $ 15 on average, ranging from as low as $ 10 to as much as $ 19 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A technical analyst makes $ 24 on average, ranging from as low as $ 16 to as much as $ 31 for each hour of service provided at the store.
- A retail shift supervisor makes $ 15 on average, ranging from as low as $ 11 to as much as $ 18 for each hour of service provided at the store.
Payments are made on weekly basis for all the working employees at their respective stores.
What are the operational hours of Big Lots stores?
Monday to Saturday, the operational hours of Big Lots stores are from 8: 00 am in the morning to 9: 00 pm in the night, while on Sunday the operational hours of Big Lots stores are from 9: 00 am in the morning to 7: 00 pm in the night.
Do the employees of Big Lots have a Dress code to follow?
Yes, the employees of Big Lots are expected to wear the company-provided shirt. This is common for all the employees, while the lower could be dress pants or shorts or denim as per the choice of individual employees. Along with these Name tags and Close-toed shoes are other requirements to be followed by employees before walking into their work atmosphere.
Benefits that can be availed if working at Big Lots are as follows,
- Online purchases
- Healthcare insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k retirement plans
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Dental plans
- Vision plans
- Bonus incentives
- Prescripted drug benefits
- Merchandise discount
- Paid holidays
- Education assistance
Stores are closed on the eve of Christmas. For the rest of the holidays the store functions on a regular hour’s mostly and sometimes earlier or late nights as well.
How many hours does a Full-time employee need to contribute in a week?
A Full-time employee is expected to work for 40 hours a week.