Whenever you apply for a job position like Walmart, you should know the Job’s description (Walmart job description) to tailor your resume/CV to suit the requirement. As you already know, a good resume will offer you the chance to get hired for the job. Apart from preparing/tailoring your resume to suit the position you are applying for in Walmart, knowing a Walmart Job description will also help you out during your interview. An outstanding performance at the interview equals an 80% chance of getting hired.
Knowing the job description of a position you’re applying for will also equip you with the knowledge about the skills, educational requirements, and qualifications that the hiring manager is looking forward to. It will also help you to know if you are a good fit for the position.
So, without further ado, let’s get started. In this article, you’ll be reading about Walmart Job Description For Different Roles:
- Cashier Job
- Sales Associate
Walmart Job Description For Cashier Job
Do you like being around money, counting money, or do you probably prefer handling money over every other thing? Or if you prefer relating and interacting with customers, then this role is for you. Being a cashier at Walmart, one of the largest shopping stores/malls, demands excellent communication skills and know-how to interact with customers. You play a significant role in either making the customers feel at ease or feel terrible. The way you attend to the customers will either encouraged them or discourage them. A cashier is responsible for attending to customers, scanning their goods, and getting their payment; that is why you must often smile at each customer no matter the problem you’re going through or how stressful you are. Working as a Walmart cashier can be very stressful, especially during holidays, festivities such as Christmas, Halloween, and new year celebrations. But no matter how hard and stressed the job is, you must not take it out on the customers. You must interact with every one of them in a friendly, professional manner.
The Duties and Responsibilities of A Walmart Cashier.
- Attend to all customers in a friendly, professional manner with a smile on your face.
- Smile, welcome, thank, and bid every customer goodbye as they leave the mart.
- Answer every customer’s questions as polite and straightforward as possible and help/assist them with their shopping needs.
- Pay attention to every customer and assess them; be security conscious.
- Scan every item, explain a price, pack things appropriately, count cash back, and take payments.
Educational qualification and Experience
There’s no specific educational requirement for being a Walmart Cashier. Still, it is expected that you have at least a high school diploma or bachelor’s degree in a relative field such as accounting, hospitality, management, etc. Cashier and retail experience is a plus but not necessarily required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, And Ability.
- Excellent practical written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Organizational and Time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions faster.
- Ability to use your initiative and take charge of a situation.
- Ability to be thorough, observant, and pay attention to details.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, be sensitive, and understanding.
- Knowledge about people management.
Walmart cashier salary
According to Payscale, the average pay for a Walmart cashier is $11.45 per hour. Pay is higher based on the experience and they get additional benefits provided by Walmart
Walmart Sales Associate Job Description
Working as a sales associate is a major role that allows you to relate with the customers daily and help out with their shopping. As a sales associate, you will help customers figure out what they want, tell them the usefulness and sometimes the price of such goods.
The way you attend and relate with each customer will either make or mar their day. Some customers will criticize you and accuse you, but you always have to stay calm, friendly, and professional.
As a sales associate, it is necessary to have vast knowledge about each good and product in the store and update items within Walmart. You must also know the type of merchandise, the uses and function of each product, price, product category, product instructions, and arrangement of products.
It is also expected that you go round the store constantly, checking up on the customers, introducing yourself, and lending a hand to the customers if they require any assistance with locating items.
Duties and Responsibilities of a Sales Associate.
- A sales associate provides the customers with proper understanding and detailed information about the store and its arrangement.
- He or She assist, attend to, and help the customers when needed.
- A sales associate is apprised with product updates and information to offer good responses to customers’ questions.
- He or She handles proper labeling and pricing of goods and products in the mart.
- They Ensure the store is dirt free, harm-free, healthy, and conducive.
- A sales associate is in charge of ensuring returning all displaced products in the right depart and shelf.
- He or She adheres strictly to the rules and regulations on customer relationship management and safety measures.
- A sales associate fills back stocks from the store or when the shelves are out of stock.
- He or she is responsible for making customers feel comfortable, appreciated, and valued.
Educational qualification and Experience
A high school diploma or bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. A working experience in retail or as an attendant or sales personnel.
Skills, Ability, and Knowledge required.
- Good interpersonal and human relation/management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to relate well, engage and interact with people.
- Good work ethics
- Ability to do simple arithmetics.
- Good listening ability.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
Walmart Sales Associate Pay
According to Walmart corporate, the average total compensation and benefits for Walmart sales associates for hourly exceeds $18.
How to get a job at Walmart
If you have decided to get a job at Walmart and you don’t know where to start from, follow these procedures.
- Possess the required skills, abilities, educational qualifications, and experience.
- Apply for the post you want and complete the online application form.
- Prepare adequately for the interview and appear in a beat, cultural and professional way.
- Follow up on your interview a week after if you haven’t heard anything from the hiring manager.
Wishing you all the best in your job hunt.
Also read What Age does Walmart Hire?