Staples Hiring Age – Staples is a privately owned retail company in America striving to sell office supplies since its opening in 1986. Found by Thomas G Stemberg, Leo Kahn, and Myra Hart, Staples is headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, United States, and is operating in more than 1050 stores, thus opening the doors of employment to more than 70,000 people altogether.
Staples Hiring Age in 2021
How old do you have to be to cross the minimum age barrier of qualification in order to fill an application at Staples?
Staples remain open to any interested candidate who is above 18 years of age, but unfortunately, it does not allow entry of anyone who is 17 years of age and below. It is an Equal Employment Opportunity provider and does not refuse applications on a gender or racial basis, but candidates are not very welcome here underage.
There is a lot more to know than just receiving access to the age barrier set by the company hiring a team, like the method of application, details to be filled in, dress code, benefits to look up to, and much more. To know which, in one particular place saving our time and effort, you must go nowhere and continue reading.
How you could fill in an application at Staples is mostly limited to online. The applications are not printable but can be accessed online on the official company website by visiting the career or job opportunities website. One could jolly well search for their desired position with the company, but one must also keep in mind that it may or may not be vacant when you are striving to win it. So explore your options and read the expectations from the job profile carefully enough to sign in for it.
Once you have made up your mind as to which position you want to apply for, you can fill in the application details, which include personal information like your name, area of residence, contact information over email and cell, your educational qualifications, previous job experiences, the preferred shift you would like to pitch in for, the number of hours you would want to contribute, etc.
You could also be asked to fill in additional questionnaires regarding your citizenship. Usually, an applicant is contacted within two weeks, maximum post their application had been submitted successfully. It is evaluated and then coordinated for further steps. If you do not hear back until then, you must contact the nearest store location and request an update on your application. However, there is always an option of logging in to your created profile for the company application to check your status on the hiring process. You shall be called in for a one-to-one interview, which shall not be more than 10 to 15 minutes generally. Group interviews are not usually heard to have been taken place.
- Are you good at multitasking?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Have you been referred?
- How did you tackle a tough situation?
- Are you aware of company policies? Etc.
These questions, along with others, maybe asked in a roundabout manner. If your application passes this second stage, your profile shall be sent in for a background check and a drug test, too, if required. If you are seriously considering getting a position at Staples, do not forget that the mantra to win is extensive research about the company’s past, present, and future in all possible dimensions. You must carry your resume in printed form for your interview or meeting with the hiring team.
Dressing in casuals or formals shall play an important role in your physical presentation, considering which position you have applied for, who must pick your attire, and have that first impression a close to perfect one. Enjoying working in the area of your profile is very important here. Having a friendly attitude would help you earn some credit.
An employee would definitely want to be aware of their working hours. Still, one should also be ready to give in to the additional requirements of the day, if any, to show your commitment and working spirit in favor of the trusted company you signed up to deliver the best of your efforts for. At Staples, the working hours for most of the week, from Monday to Friday, are roughly from 8 am to 9 pm, which is a duration of 13 hours of the official running of the company staff. On Saturday, the working hours are from 9 am to 9 pm, which is a 12-hour duration, while on Sunday it is from 10 am to 6 pm, which is an 8-hour duration, providing the much needed cut off of hours for relaxation and refreshing to begin another week and so on.
Do the employees have a specific dress code to follow at Stapes?
Yes, Employees are expected to walk into the company premises dressed in the company-provided polo shirt, black slacks, and shoes only. Partly colored hair is acceptable in the dressing code and tattoos but not an unnatural makeover of the look you carry.
What are the various positions and their pay scale that are widely open at Staples?
To mention a few,
- A Sales associate receives an average pay of about $10, which falls within the range of $ 8 to $ 13
- An Operation manager receives an average pay of about $13, which falls within the range of $ 10 to $ 18
- A Retail sales manager receives an average pay of about $18, which falls within the range of $ 13 to $ 25
- An Inventory specialist receives an average pay of about $12, which falls within the range of $ 9 to $ 15
- A Cashier receives an average pay of about $12, which falls within the range of $ 9 to $ 17
All the Payments are made on a weekly basis specifically on Thursdays.
All the working employees are no less than an asset to the company, and the company makes sure they have a hold on their employees by providing them with all necessary benefits they would want to cling on to for a long time. Some of the best perks and benefits offered by Staples are mentioned in the list below:-
- Under Health coverage, medical and dental plans are offered to all employees without the notion of their work hours, considering them being full-time or part-time.
- Short-term as well as long-term disability insurance is another bait for employees to fall prey to.
- The best part of working is to avail additional discounts in your name as an employee of the company. The company at staples offers a 10% discount to all employees for all products in-store or in online display and an additional 10% for home brand products.
- Paid time off for vacations, personal commitments, unfit health conditions are also well taken care of here.
- They also provide accommodation facilities to disabled employees.
Also read Staples Careers – Job Application, Salary, Age & Interview Questions