Kohl’s is the largest retail American departmental store that runs a thousand stores selling clothes, beds, furniture, beauty products, electronic items, toys, jewelry, footwear, and housewares. It was founded by Maxwell kohl. To know more about the Kohl’s Hiring Age, hiring process, the dress code of the employees, the hours of work required to be done, the benefits an employee is provided with, the responsibilities and positions of work along with the hourly pay rate, you must scroll down your screen and continue reading to stay updated in all these spheres and more.
Kohl’s Hiring Age:
The minimum age to be considered for employment at Kohl’s is 17 years of age. None below should consider filling in the application itself, which is the foremost step in the hiring process.
Kohl’s Application Process:
The hiring process is mentioned first, in the form of step by step guide for early applicants who have no clue as to how they should proceed further with their though of working in mind,
- Applications can be printed from the online website and then filled in with ink to submit in person at the nearest store or sent online by visiting the company page from the career website.
- After filling in all the details that the application asks you to do, you will be provided with all the requirements and an explanation of your doubts regarding the position you want to work for.
- Please read them carefully and prepare yourself for the next step, which is the assessment step, wherein your abilities to work for the position you have applied for shall be checked. Simultaneously you shall be interviewed and asked questions regarding your availability and pay expectations.
- If your answers are made to the satisfaction of the hirer, you shall be asked to fill in for the orientation program, which lasts for around 3 days, during which you shall get an overview of your work environment, colleagues, work quality, general information about the company, etc.
- A training program shall also be held to help inexperienced candidates put their ability to correct use.
- A drug test is not the usual convention of the process.
And, that is all you shall be called in with the offer letter soon to provide your services to the company.
What Are The Pay Rates Of The Company?
The average pay per hour of various positions are mentioned below, some positions may be providing the same pay while others could be really different.
- Cashier receives $10 ranging from $8 to $13
- Sales associate receives $10 ranging from $8 to $12
- Customer service associate receives $10 ranging from $8 to $14
- Retail Sales associate receives $10 ranging from $9 to $15
- The supervisor receives $15 ranging from $11 to $23
- Beauty advisor receives $13 ranging from $10 to $18
Payments are made on a weekly basis.
What Are The Operational Hours Of The Store?
Monday to Friday, the stores operate from 8 am to 10 pm. On Saturday, they operate from 8 am to 11 pm, while Sunday calls in for a 12-hour operation from 9 am o 9 pm.
Kohl employees’ work hours are 40 hours a week for full-time employees and less than that for part-time employees. This is decided based on the working employee’s availability and the contract between the employer and the employee.
Do The Employees Have A Dress Code To Follow?
No formal mention of a dress code is provided by the stores. However, one is expected to wear business casuals during hours of service.
What Are The Benefits Of Working At Kohl?
Benefits vary depending on a part-time and full-time employment basis. However, medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance, and performance bonus are some benefits to look up to by employees. Full-time employees receive 8 hours of pay on their holiday from the first day of their service, while part-time employees receive 3-hour holiday pay until a service year.
Stores observe holidays on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Labor Day, Independence, Memorial Day and New Year’s Day.