Before working anywhere, the shift hours are one of the elements which are always present in the checklist of the applying employees. While 9 to 5 shift hours are natural but some companies require high shift hours to cope up with their job; while some companies have a preferably lighter schedule. Let us look at the shifting hours if you prefer to work at Sheetz along with its few other aspects.
About the Company
The chain of American convenience stores and coffee shops owned by the Sheetz family is Sheetz, Inc. They sell foods, beverages, and convenience store equipment. They even sell gasoline and some of the stores have become full-scale truck shops. They are open 24/7 since the year, the first store was established during the 1980s.
A wide array of job positions welcome you at Sheetz. Here we browse through the most desired jobs at Sheetz:
An employee in charge of the Sheetz stores is in charge of the functional business of the company. He has to be active and enthusiastic about his job to meet the daily objectives. His day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Keep a track of stock inventories and maintain them by placing an order in time.
- Prepare the payrolls and monthly revenue collection for the store under his supervision.
- Showcase the products creatively to attract customers.
- Maintain good customer service.
An employee in charge of the transportation department is responsible for collecting and delivering packages from one specific location to the other. Be a petroleum distributor, or fast food delivery boy, or fresh produce delivery boy, he has to be quick in action and must have excellent driving skills to avoid the busty roads. His day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Loading and unloading cargoes from the delivery van.
- Preparing a checklist of product recipients.
- Ensure the safe delivery of products to the customers.
- Collect payments after each delivery.
Technology & Innovation
An employee in charge of the technology and innovation department is responsible to arrange and equip the store according to the changing trends of society. They have to possess a good knowledge of technology and must be experienced with the practical application of the same. His day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Update and backup the company database when changes are made.
- Organize and store the company data and documents securely.
- Help the company reach a broader audience.
- Work with new systems that are trending in the market.
Fresh Food Operations Team Membe
As an employee of this department, you are responsible to look after the freshness and validity of the food served at the Sheetz stores. You have to be aware and responsible as the reputation of the company is on your shoulder. Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Note the date the food items are purchased.
- Packaging and labeling food items.
- Organizing them in their proper place for the convenience of the customers.
- Store excess items in the storeroom in proper isles according to their labels.
Since the stores are open 24/7, a three-time shift is prevalent at Sheetz. The first shift begins from 6 AM to 2 PM, the second shift begins from 2 PM to 10 PM, and the third shift begins from 10 PM to 6 AM. Thus, a complete cycle of shifts is completed. The shops are even open on the weekends at the same time.
Shift hours according to the position are:
- Sheetz Store: The store employees have specific shifts. Each employee has his shift for 8 hrs. After each shift ends, new employees come and take their position and carry out the duties they are assigned to.
- Transportation: These shifts are quite uncertain. Those who work at the store for loading and unloading of cargoes might have a fixed schedule but the drivers have no fixed schedule. They might have to drive sometimes for hours and days to reach the desired drop or pick point.
- Technology and Innovation: These shifts are also not so hectic, as necessary substitutions are made after each shift.
- Fresh Food Operation Team Member: Same goes for this department. Necessary breaks and substitutions don’t make the ’24/7′ figure look hectic.
Though 24/7 might sound hectic, each shift has its member to supervise. So, it is like any other job you do for your daily living. However, for some higher posts like those of management or supervisor division, the shift hours might extend due to the workload, on and off-season since these posts shoulder huge responsibility.
- Do I get holidays during the weekend?
No, there are no holidays during weekends, as this is a 24/7 job. Some people even don’t opt for a job in the company for this same reason, the ‘working weekends’.
- What are the different shift hours?
The first shift begins from 6 AM to 2 PM, the second shift begins from 2 PM to 10 PM, and the third shift begins from 10 PM to 6 AM. Thus, a complete cycle of shifts is completed.
- Is working at Sheetz worth it?
If you are more of a working guy, then it would be fine by you. Also, there are several benefits that the company offers to its employees. But if the weekends are important for you, then you opt for other companies.