Do you have amazing organizational skills, want to be a part of a strong community, and hold a loving passion for the lord? If this sounds like you, and you have a talent for administration, then apply for our Church Administrator Roles based in Cape Town today!
About the Company
New Age Baptist Church is a small but vibrant Christian church nestled away I Newlands Forest in Cape Town. Our church is currently run by our passionate pastor James Coetzee. James has been a pillar of strength and support in the Cape Town community for 10 years and has been bringing people together with community events from soup drives to weddings. As the Cape Town population is on a steady rise, so is the demand for community events and support, hence the need for a young and passionate administrator to help make every event meaningful, personal, and hopefully profitable. New Age Baptist Church is not just an everyday church. Although sermons and service are important to us, our primary focus is creating events and fundraisers that will enhance the Cape Town community and uplift the people in it. We strive to use the word of God to shape the people around us. If you would like to be a part of something bigger, then come and join our passionate family.
About the Team
Our small office team is dedicated to the lord and helping our amazing community. Everyone that works at New Baptist Church is reliable, helpful, and energized to make every event and day meaningful and successful. Everyone from accounts to event planning is friendly, innovative, and hardworking! We all feel that we are a part of something bigger and better, making work fun and special. Every day we work hard to bring the community together and make Cape Town people appreciate each other.
New Age Baptist Church is a friendly and warm place to work. Dress attire is smart casual on most days unless we have a special event (then we dress accordingly .) Many of our fellow churchgoers are conservative, and therefore we prefer to keep all office dress codes as smart casual, covering up and always looking neat and tidy. No matter what the dress code is, our staff always wear a big welcoming smile and an approachable look
Medical aid, overtime and a pension fund, petrol (when collecting supplies for the church) a fun casual office environment filled with love and laughter, meeting amazing people, study courses available to our employees and annual increases
The office hours for this position are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm – Monday to Friday (please note that this is not a remote position, and you will need to come into the office daily). On occasion, if there is a special event, you will be required to work weekends or public holidays (you will be paid overtime on these occasions).
Church Administrator Roles
A Church administrators role is very similar to an office administrators role. Here are a few of the duties that would be expected of you:
- Oversee the daily operations of the church, and its events
- Record keeping
- Answering phone calls
- Managing schedules
- Help coordinate fundraisers and community events.
- General office duties
- Generating programs for service and events
- Ordering supplies
- Organizing the master church calendar and ensuring there are no double bookings or conflicts
- Work alongside the church accountant for approval of orders and supplies
- Help organize events from start to completion
- Manage Church newsletter, Social media, and blog
- Assist with budgets, paying bills, and overseeing payroll
- Managing junior staff
- Meeting and greeting visitors and potential clients
- Responding to inquiries and emails daily
- Setting up appointments
- Keep a record of attendance of events and services
- Ensure that the church grounds and property is well maintained by scheduling maintenance staff and grounds-men
- Age between 20-38
- South African citizenship or working permit
- 2 years general admin experience
- Friendly personality and good telephone manner
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office ( ms word. Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous petty cash experience an advantage
- Event planning experience would put you ahead
- Ability to problem solve
- Can work under pressure
- Experience with social media advantageous
- A good multi-tasker
- Valid driver’s license
- Own vehicle
- Impressive mathematical skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Strong sense of community
- Amazing record keeping ability
- WordPress knowledge
- Friendly and outgoing
- Shares the beliefs and message of the church
- Leadership skills
- Can meet deadlines
- A fast learner
- Strong faith in god
- Great communicator (written and spoken)
- Amazing organizational skills
- Honest and reliable
- Can work under pressure
- Strong passion for working within the community
- Takes initiative
- Can work within a budget
- Strong presentation skills
- Social media skills
- Hard worker
- Great networker
- Good at creating budgets and sticking to them
- Passionate trend setter
- Attention to detail
How do you apply?
Your curriculum vitae and a cover letter tell us why you are the ideal candidate for this position. ( entries without a cover letter will not be reviewed). Applications for this position close on 22 May 2021. If you have not heard back from us in 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Please include your salary expectations in your email.
How much does this position pay?
Compensation for this position is negotiable based on the current market and your experience
Who will you report to?
If you are our successful candidate, you will be reporting directly to pastor James Coetzee. You will work alongside our savvy accountant Kerry who will help with budgets and projections. You will have your own junior team to help you plan events, and they will assist you so that you may achieve all your career goals and daily duties