Arby’s is a sandwich restaurant that was founded in 1964 in Ohio. It is one of the most recognized and trusted places for food and was declared as “America’s second-largest sandwich producing store(the 1st was Subway). They have made a reputation out of selling classic roast beef and cheddar sandwiches and have more than 3500 locations throughout the United States. They also operate in countries like Canada, Turkey, Qatar, Egypt, and Kuwait. We will discuss Arby’s Careers here.
Arby’s have an extremely active staff during most days, which is why the workload is severely increased during special holidays, during summer, or weekends. They are committed to selling the best sandwiches, and their originals have never disappointed customers. They are one of the best fast-food chains in the United States of America.
Arby’s staff is genuine, friendly, and warm towards customers, and that is what this company expects future employees to be. They need to be quick on their feet and have the freedom to decide what to do and what’s best for the customers and the company. This will allow them to serve customers properly while avoiding confusion and access problems accumulating.
Arby’s hiring criteria have not changed for the past few years, and this has been possible due to them sticking to their roots and making profits from them. They have always prided themselves on being the best deli-style sandwich store, and they serve food based on their reputation and which will best complement their sandwiches and burgers. For this reason, the application process and the salaries for the jobs are good and fair, which a lot of restaurant chains in America do not possess. Getting a job at Arby’s will help students and young adults make a fair amount of money and give them a lot of experience in dealing with people and solving problems, aside from additional perks on the job.
That is why many people go to this fast-food chain to deal with people or start their culinary journey or make extra money on the side. It has a good and welcoming staff with good prices for the food and better salary options. There’s room for promotions as well. We will be looking at Job opportunities, Salary, Age requirements, the application process, and interview questions for this company to get an idea of the hiring criteria and the environment.
Arby’s Careers and Salary
Arby’s is a perfect place where many people have preferred to get part-time jobs. They have always offered to give the best to their customers and employees. They give the right amount of salary, but it tends to increase depending on the employee’s performance and commitment, and there is always a chance of promotion.
There are four main jobs in Arby’s fast-food establishment that are of importance and interest to beginners trying to get work in the fast-food industry. Those jobs are:
- Crew Member – Crew members are one of the most important parts of the fast-food chain, and this company believes that it is important to treat employers and employees at the same level of respect. They say their employees are the greatest asset, and being a crew member is a trivial but important position to be an all-around quality fast-food chain. There are three main duties of the Crew Members: Taking customer’s orders, preparing food for them, and cleaning the dining room and areas behind the counter.
Arby’s has guaranteed that this position is one of the most flexible jobs, and you can work at your hours, but the same responsibility in handling the workload will be required to succeed. The crew members should have a proper drive, be good with people, have experience in dealing with a fast-paced environment, and have a positive mental attitude. Occasionally, they get paid leaves off, food discounts, and opportunities for advancements in positions. They get an average salary of around 8 to 10 dollars an hour.
- General Manager – Being in the general manager’s post is one of the most important tasks for anyone dealing with the restaurant manager. At Arby’s, you will be in charge of Meat Craft. You will be responsible for leading your team to do better in every situation, along with getting the best results through performance, engagement, and team-building training initiatives. You will also be part of promoting and helping the store’s marketing team reach the specified goals of sales and profits while also making sure the restaurant is delivering the best meats that the local deli has to offer. General managers have many benefits, including commuter benefits, paid time off, 401k plans, etc. The expected salary is 16 to 18 dollars per hour, and it is subjected to change according to the restaurant’s location. There are also options for promotions if you show the execution of core values and good spirit.
- Cook – The name suggests that as the cook has to make sure the food is ideal and checking the meat for any seasonings, they have to cook fresh food by the order placed and make sure the customers are satisfied with the delivered food. They need to keep a sanitized and clean kitchen area and also work on cleaning the counters. The salary for a Cook is generally given as per the need, but the average is 10 dollars per hour.
- Shift Manager – The shift managers are in charge of supporting the general and assistant managers in ensuring the operations and shifts of the employees go smoothly without any problems. They are assigned near the meat pit on a day-to-day basis. The shift managers should progress through their shifts and have fun while working. You should have six months of experience as a manager in any store, along with a humble and helping personality. There are commuter benefits, 401k plans, medical and dental insurance, paid leaves for chosen individuals in this position. The salary is typically around 11 to 13 dollars for an hour on average.
Other Spots – Many other spots are available, such as the assistant manager, restaurant staff and restaurant manager, and restaurant crew members. All of these positions have a ranged salary of 8 to 18 dollars per hour.
The age application restriction is typically for early teens. Still, teenagers aged up to 15 to 16 years of age can start working at this company to benefit, get some pocket money, and deal with customers at a young age.
You can apply online at Arby’s website for the job you like and want to pursue but keep in mind that you must have hr relevant experience in the departments mentioned and a good resume that will increase your chances of getting a job restaurant.
- First, you need to go to their company website and click on the ” careers at Arby’s ” option and after the next webpage loads, click on Jobs. This will open a page where you can customize your search and search for a job you require and have experience in. This will increase your chances of getting the job along with your having expertise in what to do.
- There is a search bar that allows you to search regarding the position or the location you want to work at. This simplifies your search, and you can enter your town to see if there is an Arby’s nearby so you can work there. After you click on Apply Now, it will take you to a page where it will ask you about your resume along with a bunch of other details.
- Those details include your country, first and last name, address lines 1 and 2, phone number, zip code, city, and state. After entering these details, it will take you to a page requiring you to state your experiences and display the places where you worked or what basis you got the job.
- After that, the next page will allow you to enter the answers to some application questions that will be compulsory to answer. These are questions that are asked to almost everyone and are the most common everyday questions. After that, there is a voluntary disclosures page and a final review of the things you submitted. After applying, you generally have to wait a day or two, or a week depending on the establishment and urgent staff requirement.
- If you do not get contacted within two or three days for an interview, you can write an email informing them about your application and ask them the status. Please do not do this more than two times as they will gradually decrease their interest the more you keep asking them, be formal and make sure you get your point across. Do not give hope and apply to another job if you don’t get the post you like.
After you get called for an interview, you need to appear confident, neat and tidy, and in normal or formal clothes depending on the employer’s requirement. This will give you a good impression as a rule-abiding employee and give a professional outlook to your personality. Answer all the questions confidently and be polite whenever talking to the manager or the interviewer. Most of the questions are commonly asked and used to test the employee’s ambition and skillset. The three most common interview questions include:
- Tell me a little bit about yourself?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Why do you want to work at Arby’s?
- This question is fairly simple to answer as you have to tell about your education, the work you’ve done and what you are as a person, what you like, and other things you have gone through to get where you are today. Be sure to describe your skillset along with the experience you have gained by working in different ways.
- This is a fairly regular interview question as it is made to test your vision and where you want to be, it will also tell the employer your ambition at what you are willing to do for the future, and what plans you have to be successful. This will put a good impression of long and careful planning in the interviewer’s eyes if you answer this confidently and concisely. Tell your interviewer about your plans, what you want to do later in the walks of life, and about your dream job or your destination. Being open will help you connect with your boss and is a factor of acing an interview.
- The third question is what most companies ask employees why they choose to work or interview in their company. You can talk about the reputation of the company and the friendly staff treatment. You can mention your experience of working at different other restaurants not being that good and to get a good start you came to work at Arby’s. You can also mention the attractive salary at the end but not at the beginning. This will give a bad impression as they might think you’re only working for the lady and not helping people or benefiting their company.
This article’s takeaway is that restaurant staff is increasing day by day due to the sudden increase in fast food consumption in recent years. The. The employees have to be consistently active throughout their working hours and serve food fast to keep the customers waiting. Arby’s is very busy due to their meat quality and friendly approach to services, that is why it should be easy getting a job there given you do all the things right and do your research on the positions they have open spots for. Good luck!
Also read Ramada Inn Job Opportunities, Requirements & Application Process