Hello people! This is a detailed article on DHL Interview Process.
If you’re someone who wants to apply for the job or has already applied and is waiting to get a call from them asking to come for an interview, this article is going to be helpful!
But before moving further, let me give you a quick overview of what DHL express is?
DHL is the world’s leading logistics company, founded by Adrian Dalsey, Larry hillblom, and Robert Lynn in 1969. It came to them as a surprise when they revolutionized the world of logistics.
DHL has been successful in providing jobs to 400,000 people in over 220 countries. They are the ones who assist you cross borders, reach new markets and grow your business. In simple words, they send a letter to your precious ones.
DHL is an international team of 400000 shipping professionals who are passionate about logistics.
What is the Application Process at DHL?
The application process varies depending on the role you want to apply for, the location, and the business area. However, the goal of the process is similar, that is to get to know you better.
Even though I am not able to mention the process for all of you, I can give you a rough idea of what to expect at the least.
1. You need to apply online for the job by visiting their official website.
2. First, you need to go to their career portal and click on apply. That will take you to the form which you need to fill out.
3. They will ask for some basic information like the work position you want to apply for, the location where you could work, and if you have some work background (not necessary).
4. They might ask to upload a resume in pdf file format. So, prepare a perfect resume.
5. After submitting the application form, you will receive an email from them right away confirming that they have received it.
Then your application would be reviewed by their team. If your skills and knowledge fit the role, they will consider you as a qualified candidate for the next step. It might take up to three weeks until you finally get a call from them asking to come for an interview.
The next steps can be a Telephonic interview, an individual interview, or an invitation to an assessment center (or a combination of it).
What is the Interview Process at DHL?
Once your application is reviewed and accepted based on the requirements of the role, you will get a message from them inviting you to a telephone interview with one of their team members. This will help them to discover more about your abilities and in general about who you are.
1. At first, you will have telephonic interviews which are normally short, they try to go in-depth while in person.
2. If all goes well at the telephonic interview, they will schedule an in-person interview for you with the department manager. Normally, you will be asked to visit the store within your reach for the interview. However, due to the covid pandemic, you might have a zoom meeting with the hiring/ department manager.
3. For an in-person interview, expect the questions to be more in-depth about your skills, personality, and work experience.
4. Once you’re successful in impressing the hiring manager at the interview, just believe you have the job in your hands. You will be invited to the assessment center where you can expect different practical challenges and team exercises.
You’ll also be introduced to fellow applicants and senior employees of the company.
What to Expect for a Job Interview at DHL
Here are some vital things you ought to understand which will assist you to prepare for the interview!
1. Expect the interview (in person) to last around 45 to 60 minutes. Possibly you will be interviewed by the department manager and some employees from the department you applied to.
2. Your interview will begin with the questions related to your CV. They will let you describe in detail yourself, your career, and some scenario-based questions.
3. Then you will be asked questions related to your previous work experience (if you mentioned any in your CV)
4. The interview process will end with questions about your current status. Those questions will allow them to decide whether or not you are a perfect candidate to serve the company.
DHL Interview Questions (Samples)
1. What are your strengths?
2. What are your weaknesses?
3. Describe your previous work expertise. Tell me about responsibilities and things you enjoyed the most.
4. Tell me how you could improve?
5. Describe why you are a good fit for the role.
Some tips before coming for an interview
1. Be on time and dress well for the interview.
2. Bring any necessary documents as well as various forms of identification.
3. Do deep research on the company beforehand.
4. Listen to the interviewer carefully and answer clearly.
DHL is the perfect company to work for if you are passionate about logistics.
To get a job at DHL, you need to go through their hiring process in which the interview is the main phase.
Every detail about their interview process is mentioned above along with some tips. So, prepare well and give your best. And hopefully, you will get your dream job!
Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long is an orientation at DHL?
The orientation will only last for a day. Then, if you’ve already got your SIDA badge, expect to start your training the next day itself.
2. Does DHL drug test at an interview?
Yes, you will have to go through the drug tests before getting an offer letter from the company.
3. Does DHL pay weekly or biweekly?
Seasonal workers are paid weekly.
4. How do I dress for the DHL interview?
Dress depending on the position you have applied for. If you are applying for the management position, dress formally. Otherwise, dress business casual.