Are you seeking a job in the United States and struggling to decide where to apply? Then, of course, you are at the right place to go through and explore the most amazing opportunities waiting for you. So without wasting any more time, let’s get our talk started about Shoe Carnival, a leading brand in family footwear with over 419 stores in different countries. Shoe Carnival sets different age limits like 16 and 18 years for the US and Puerto Rico. The hiring age also fluctuates with the position. For example, regardless of any state, whether the US or Puerto Rico, for the role of Key Carrier in Shoe Carnival, the minimum age is 21.
Carnival Shoe stores are very much flexible in the working hours according to the convenience of the employees. There are many flexible schedules available for employees, including working nights, weekends, and even holidays. Apart from age, you will also have to meet the work experience requirement. If you wish to apply for any job at Shoe Carnival, you will need a minimum of six months of experience in cash handling.
What are the Hiring Ages for different Job Roles at Shoe Carnival?
- Cashier-In this section, we will elaborate more on Shoe Carnival’s age limit for cashier positions. Shoe Carnival is seeking cashiers who are at least 16 years old or above. Cashiers will need to conduct customer service, complete transactions, manage cash, control inventory, communicate with customers, and inform them about loyalty and rewards programs, as well as several other related tasks. To sum it up in a nutshell, they are looking for a person who is exceptionally proficient in basic details, an expert in mathematics and has experience with handling cash smoothly.
- Sales Associate-Now, let’s explore the age limit and other factors for a sales associate position at Shoe Carnival. To apply for this job at Shoe Carnival, you must be at least 16 years old. It will be your responsibility to provide overall customer service, including aisle maintenance, product merchandise, and many other things. Cashier duties may also be requested if needed. As an aisle maintenance specialist, you have to arrange, keep items on shelves neat, clean, organize them according to price points, etc.
- Mic Person-Another similar position at Shoe Carnival is the mic person. Shoe Carnival is persistent in the age limit of 16 years for the mic person role as well. In this role, recruiters are primarily interested in how friendly you are when dealing with customers and whether you are skilled at verbal communication.
In this role, besides the sales responsibility, you will also be responsible for announcing all in-store promotions over the store microphone. Additionally, you will be responsible for driving sales strategies. As a Shoe Carnival mic person, you will be required to meet daily and hourly sales goals by creating a sense of urgency for customers to make a purchase. Besides announcing sales, games, trivia, and prize giveaways, you can do promotions that drive customers. Essentially, you will need to drive traffic to your Shoe Carnival, monitor sales, and assist with customer service tasks also.
What is the Hiring Process in Shoe Carnival?
Shoe Carnival follows a definite pattern to hire a candidate for any job role. The process has been briefly discussed below.
How to apply?
If you are fulfilling all the criteria set by Shoe Carnival, then you can apply for the job by either visiting the local store of Shoe Carnival or via filling an online application form available at the official website.
Click Here to get the online application form.
How many interview rounds are there?
They will test your skills to determine whether you are qualified. Two separate interviews will take place for you. During the same day, only the candidates who have been shortlisted will be invited to the second and final interview round. The second round of interviews will be held with the general manager of the specific Shoe Carnival store.
What are the probable questions for the interview?
In an interview, you are most likely to be asked your thoughts on an imaginary situation and how you would resolve it. For example, what will you do if you get a rude customer; can you work on weekends, etc. For these questions, candidates need to prepare standard answers and should try to deliver those calmly and confidently. You mustn’t sound scripted when giving your answer.
Any tips to get hired, preferably?
- If you are well prepared then you have all the chance to make a good impression on the Shoe Carnival hiring team during the interview process. They will also look for the enthusiasm of the candidates in joining the Shoe Carnival team.
- Shoe Carnival is known for its exceptional customer service, so they attempt to recruit candidates who will provide the same. You are most likely to get the job at preference if you demonstrate expertise in customer service, along with references to previous jobs related to that.
As long as you have applied for the position and are being liked, you will soon be hired by Shoe Carnival without any additional time delay. After you’re hired, you’ll undergo training for at least a week.
What is the PayScale at Shoe Carnival?
We have covered various requirement criteria for different job roles at Shoe Carnival. They offer an attractive pay scale for these job roles. So, let’s begin our next discussions on the pay scale of different job roles at Shoe Carnival.
- Cashier-Shoe Carnival set the pay scale mainly on the work experience basis. The minimum hourly wage of $7 will be set for the candidates without any prior experience in this cashier field. It will show a drastic increment up to an hourly wage of $9 with an increasing level of experience in this field.
- Sales Associate-For this job role also, Shoe Carnival sets the fluctuation of pay scale pays between $9 and $11 an hour on the basis of experience. Here, the minimum wage will be paid for those candidates who have no experience in the field before.
- Mic Person-If you are hired as a mic person at Shoe Carnival, then you can expect to earn between $8 and $9 an hour. If you are a fresher, you will most likely start at the lower end of the wage scale, which will definitely show an increment graph quickly with passing time.
Hopefully, this article helped you decide what role is most appropriate for you at your age. So, grab this golden opportunity to be part of the Shoe Carnival family without any further delay.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age required to get hired at Shoe Carnival? Shoe Carnival starts hiring at the minimum age of 16 years or above.
- What is the minimum work experience required to get hired at Shoe Carnival? They generally seek a minimum of six months of work experience. But you can also get hired at a role with a lower wage rate.
- Can I be a cashier even if I have no degree in Mathematics? Of Course, you can apply for the cashier role without an ideal Mathematics degree. You will only need basic mathematics.
- I’m 15 years old. Can I apply for jobs at Shoe Carnival? No. You will need to wait for one more year to fulfill the age criteria.
- Do you have flexibility in your work schedule? Yes. Candidates can choose their preferred work timing.
- Can you provide any customer care number or mail address? Customer Service team is available seven days a week from 7am to 10pm CST. Send an email to [email protected] or call 800-430-7463