Ulta beauty or Ulta salon cosmetics & fragrance incorporation is an American chain of beauty products handling men and women fragrances, nails, bath, body, hair, and beauty products by operating in more than 1000 different locations at the same time employing more than 40,000 individuals across the globe. We will discuss Ulta Hiring Age here.
Only 18 years old and above can consider themselves eligible for working at Ulta. None below that should sign in for the application stage itself, which is the first step in the hiring process unless they have some genuine reasons and have contacted the store and management with permits and other necessities.
A high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) is usually the educational barrier that all applicants must possess. Along with these general and basic educational achievements, cosmetology or estheticians license is also a need for some particular positions.
Ulta Hiring Age
To know more about the hiring process, the dress code of the employees, the hours of work required to be done, the benefits an employee is provided with, the responsibilities and positions of work along with the hourly pay rate, you must scroll down your screen and continue reading to stay updated in all these spheres and more. The steps of hiring are discussed below,
- Printable applications cannot be availed from the online website but may be available from your nearest store. However, the most commonly sought application method is online by visiting the company webpage and then filling in the application form against a position that is available and suits your criteria.
- Within few days, you can expect a call from the hiring team regarding your selection in the interview process.
- The stores usually conduct group interviews to test your knowledge and abilities. Among so many, you need to make your attempts to stand out and be considered for a one-to-one interview.
- All selected candidates do not compulsorily need to have experience in the field chosen, as all of them shall receive the necessary guidance and molding through the orientation and training sessions.
- Background checks are a common scenario in the hiring process, after which your availability, pay request timings, and other secondary things shall be discussed. An offer to seek service shall be made.
Some of the most commonly expected interview questions could be:
- Why did you choose to apply to our company?
- How can you sell makeup?
- What is your favorite brand?
- On a scale of 10, how much do you indulge in makeup?
- Have you been referred by someone in particular?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Can you add value to the company with your services?
- Where do you see yourself in the next few years?
- What has your previous work experience been like?
- How does the company fit into your career goals?
- How would you tackle this situation? ( a situational question might be asked to test your response)
It is important you prepare these basic questions and keep them ready in mind to stand out in the interview. Also, you can prepare a list of questions to ask the team in case they approach you saying “Do you have any questions that you would seek answers from us? Do grab this opportunity and show your interest as shall be proved by your research and quickness of providing answers.
If you have been wondering what to wear on the day of your interview, read below to get your answer.
Formals are usually picked for any interviewed one goes to. Still, you can also choose business casuals and look professional while having some comfort in the attire you wear. Besides your attire, you must also ensure you smell good and know the brands you have carried with you. Put on a generous amount of make-up and look blissful. It is indeed heard that first impressions carry a hold of their own, but you definitely won’t consider that to be the sole reason for being hired. At the same time, you won’t let your dressing skills make you lose an opportunity at hand. So dress well and look stunning for an interview, orientation, and training as well.
How long does the entire hiring process take? This is a question of many applicants about how long they will need to make a time investment for the entire process to be held. According to a report from the Glassdoor Economic Research, it takes an average of 23 days to get hired by any company in the United States, some may have a speedier hiring process and still extend to 10 days as the minimum, and some that are really laid back when hiring employees, making the applications wait for around 53 days as the maximum waiting period before hiring. Ulta salon cosmetics & fragrance incorporation occupies around two weeks of an individual’s time to announce an offer letter.
What are the various pay structures of different positions? There are several positions to fill in the store some of which has been mentioned below,
- A beauty advisor receives an average pay of $ 11 ranging from $ 9 to $ 14 in an hour.
- A retails sales manager receives an average pay of $ 18 ranging from $ 14 to $ 23 in an hour.
- A salon manager receives an average pay of $ 18 ranging from $ 13 to $ 25 in an hour.
- An Esthetician receives an average pay of $ 13 ranging from $ 9 to $ 18 in an hour.
- A lead cashier receives an average pay of $ 11 ranging from $ 9 to $ 14 in an hour.
- A hairstylist receives an average pay of $ 11 ranging from $ 9 to $ 18 in an hour.
- A stylish receive an average pay of $ 12 ranging from $ 9 to $ 23 in an hour.
All the payments are made on a bi-weekly basis.
What do the employees wear? Usually, Ulta employees are seen wearing Black and white printed pants along with grey pants or dresses. Colored hair, Tattoos, and piercings are acceptable until and unless they are not offensive.
What are the perks and benefits of Ulta salon cosmetics & fragrance incorporation that attract an employee? There are many benefits by working in the Ulta Company, a few of which has been mentioned below,
- Each and every employee gets a 25% discount on in-store purchases, 50% off on salon, 20% discount on all products, and 50% on all services.
- 6 weeks of paid maternity leave and 9 weeks of unpaid maternity leave.
- The stores offer curbside and walk-in pick-up as well.
What are the operational hours of the store? The hours of services remain the same for all six days of the week while making the Sundays late by an hour along with an early closing by 3 hours for adequate relaxation and energy for yet another week in a fresh mood. Monday to Saturday, the store’s operational hours are from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm, and on Sundays, the timings are from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.