Burlington coat factory or Burlington is an American national off-price departmental retailer store spread across more than 700 different locations with its headquarter in Burlington, new jersey employing more than 40,000 employees. Their products include clothing, furniture, pet supply, home décor, and gift items as well. 16 is the minimum Burlington Hiring Age limit for any application to be considered for an entry-level job, provided they have required consents and work permits. However, 18 years and older candidates are eligible for all positions and are mostly looked for.
To know more about the hiring process, the dress code of the employees, the hours of work required to be done, the benefits an employee is provided with, the responsibilities and positions of work along with the hourly pay rate, you must scroll down your screen and continue reading to stay updated in all these spheres and more.
Burlington Hiring Age
- One can easily apply online by visiting the career website and selecting the company name from there. On clicking on the vacant positions option under the job application category, you shall be able to see a list of positions that await your viewing.
- Read all the requirements of jobs in general and particular before considering that one job to have been made for you. Fill in all the details very accurately and submit your application for further views.
- Several stages of interviews need to be carried out. After your application has been selected for a further procedure, you shall be contacted via a phone call and asked a few questions, and this would be one of your first steps towards interviewing, so do not consider it to be just a call and take it lightly. Be firm with your answers and sound confident at the same time.
- Next, they might schedule a second interview with you over the phone through audio or video and then direct you to a particular day for participating in the group interviews to check your collective skill. The last shall be a one-on-one interview, mostly discussing your hours of availability, salary expectations, and other suitable work criteria.
- Inexperienced candidates should not worry as an equal opportunity is provided to both fresher and experienced candidates. Moreover, three to four hours of paid orientation and training shall take care of all your loose concerns.
- A background check is done exclusively for criminal history, so if you have been truthful about yourself in the application step itself, this should not bother you by any chance.
Burlington Interview Questions
Let us begin with a list of 10 most expected interview questions, (they may not be the sole questions asked, so be prepared to answer out of mentioned questions as well)
- Tell us something interesting about yourself?
- Why did you choose to apply to our company?
- What do you know about the company?
- Have you been referred?
- What has your previous work experience been like?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Can you add value to the company with your services?
- Where do you see yourself in the next few years?
- What are your availability and salary expectation?
- Why should the company hire you?
You must prepare these basic questions and keep them ready to stand out in the interview as they have innumerable candidates to answer the same questions.
Also, you can prepare a list of questions to ask the team in case they approach you saying, “Do you have any questions that you would seek answers from us? Do grab this opportunity and show your interest, as shall be proved by your research and quickness in providing answers.
Some tips to crack the interview are as follows,
- Reach the venue ahead of the allotted time. Last-minute entry creates a bad impression on your employer. It shall show you lack punctuality, and they shall actually entertain no excuses. Sometimes employers do keep a check on their interviewees as they remain seated, waiting for their turn. They may knowingly test your patience by keeping you wait for a good deal of time. They would want to know later how you used that waiting time and how often you went on to check with the receptionist about your turn and further delay.
- Your cell phone should be on muted as soon as you enter the premises of the company. If you are seen being busy over the phone all the while until your turn, they might note it as a backlash as not being available at the job and being consistently busy over the phone.
- I prefer to Dress in Formals for any interview you go to, but you can also choose business casuals and look professional while having some comfort in the attire you wear. It is indeed heard that first impressions carry a hold of their own, but you definitely won’t consider that to be the sole reason for being hired. At the same time won’t let your dressing skills make you lose an opportunity at hand. So dress well and look stunning for an interview.
- Once before the team of hirers, let not that tension perspire out and glow at your skin. Relax and breathe a sigh of relief. It is indeed important to keep your mind at peace to follow the questions asked and answer them confidently.
- Do not speak too fast to express you are in a hurry or too slow to bore the team to sleep. Keep a normal pace and regular tone when speaking.
How long does the entire hiring process take?
Isn’t this a question that remains in your mind soon after you have filled in the application? All of the applicants are eager to receive responses from the other end immediately if possible however that is not possible and happens in rare cases only. According to a Glassdoor Economic Research report, it takes an average of 23 days to get hired by any company in the United States. Some may have a speedier hiring process and still extend to 10 days as the minimum. Some are really laid back when hiring employees, making the applications wait for around 53 days as the maximum waiting period before hiring.
The Burlington coat factory applicants must be relieved to read this piece of information because many individuals have reported that the application process is not too dragged like the interview part. Still, the outcome can be expected any time between two weeks.
Can you find some of the most requested job positions and provide a glimpse of what pay each of them offers?
Well, a company has a lot of positions to offer in numerous counts. However, they may or may not be always open to all age candidates. Some of them have been mentioned below:
- A sales associate receives an average pay of $ 11 ranging from $ 8 to $ 14 in an hour.
- A customer service supervisor receives an average pay of $ 13 ranging from $ 10 to $ 18 in an hour.
- A Retail sale associate receives an average pay of $ 10 ranging from $ 9 to $ 15 in an hour.
- A key holder receives an average pay of $ 12 ranging from $ 10 to $ 17 in an hour.
- A cashier receives an average pay of $ 10 ranging from $ 8 to $ 13 in an hour.
- A stocker receives an average pay of $ 12 ranging from $ 9 to $ 16 in an hour.
All the payments are made on a bi-weekly basis.
What should one look for while applying to the Burlington coat factory?
All applicants should look in for the perks and benefits offered to the employees by the company. Some of the most commonly looked for benefits in a position is provided by Burlington coat factory which are:
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Sick leave and vacation
- Life insurance
- Casual dress code
- 65 % store discount
What do the employees wear?
Employees are expected to dress in dark polo shirts and khaki pants.
On which days are the Burlington coat factory stores closed?
Stores are closed on Easters Day, Christmas, New Year’s, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, and Veteran Day.
Also read AMC Hiring Age: What Age Does AMC Hire?