Overview of Checkers Drive-in Restaurants
Checkers Drive-in Restaurants, Incorporated is one of the broadest drive-in restaurants in the United States. With operations in about 28 states of the U.S, this company specializes in selling and marketing hamburgers, hot dogs, French fries, milkshakes, and sandwiches. Checkers Restaurants has its headquarters in Tampa, Florida. Working at Checkers Restaurant is not just fun but rewarding. This company offers its employees juicy benefits like health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan, and lots more. Did you know that if you work at this company for just a year, you automatically qualify for the 401k plan? Well, that’s the exciting thing about Checkers Restaurants.
Checkers Restaurants pay their employees an average of $57,000 annually at a rate of $10.11 per hour, and this is just for those who possess a minimum of a High School Certificate or its equivalent. Can you imagine what other employees with better qualifications earn? Checkers Restaurants offer her employees a credible environment to grow and develop themselves both as workers and workers. As it is said, the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. The first thing to do to work at this beautiful organization is to apply and submit the Checkers job application form.
Applying to Checkers Drive-in Restaurants
- Log into the Checkers Restaurants official website at www.checkers.com
- On the bottom left of the landing page, click on the menu button. A list of options appears.
- Click on ‘Careers.’ You will be redirected to a page with a large ‘Apply Today’ button. Click on it.
- On the next page, click on ‘Sign up Now’ and follow the instructions to create your account. Make sure you answer the two questions whether you want to receive new job postings and if you want to hear more about their career opportunities.
- Verify your account by clicking the confirmatory email sent to the email address you used while creating the account.
- After successfully creating your account, log in your details into the company’s website.
- On the menu button, click on ‘Careers’ again. Here you will learn the company’s values and how you can be an integral part of this proud family.
- After learning the company’s values, learn about the available jobs, requirements, and skills.
- Apply for the job and await further instructions.
Minimum Requirements to Work at Checkers Drive-in Restaurants Inc.
- Be a legal citizen of the United States or possess a non-immigrant visa.
- Possess a minimum of a High School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Complete the Checkers Restaurants employment form.
- Possession of a quick-service restaurant experience is preferred.
- Possession of at least two years of experience in managerial and supervisory positions.
- Possession of at least 3-5 years of experience for legal project applicants.
Courses to Study to Work at Checkers Drive-in Restaurants
Age Requirements and Background to Work at Checkers Drive-in Restaurants
The minimum age required to work at Checkers Drive-in Restaurants is 16 years. And for those who have no work experience, rest assured that this company hires young and inexperienced people with little or no work history. But best in mind that you’ll always need to possess a Bachelor’s degree to get better job offers. Possession of higher degrees like Masters and Doctor of Philosophy could be considered an edge should you be vying for a top position, so always remember that.
Skills Needed to Work at Checkers Restaurants
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write and speak English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and internet software and databases
- Ability to lift or move up to 30 pounds
- Food Safety certificate
- Ability to work flexible schedule and extended hours
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build customer loyalty
Available Job Positions and their Descriptions at Checkers Restaurants
There are currently about 7,702 open jobs at Checkers Drive-in Restaurants. Top jobs at this company include creation specialist team member, shift manager, legal project assistant, general manager, hiring manager, district manager, assistant manager.
- Team Member: Team members demonstrate passion and dedication to duties. As a team member at Checkers Restaurant, your duties include building sales and profits for the company by promoting guest and customer satisfaction, identification and response to needs of guests and customers, reporting of developing concerns and recommendations to the General Manager, adherence to rules and policies to meet up with expectations of guests and customers, completion of a range of administrative tasks and application of professionalism and diplomacy when representing the company. Team members include a creation specialist, service specialist, and expeditor.
- General Manager: A General Manager oversees all staff, budgets, and operations of an organization. As the General Manager at Checkers Restaurants, your duties include but are not limited to training team members on their operations, formulating policies and customer service principles, ensuring that shifts are properly rotated and staffed to ensure consistent operations, meeting stipulated target on sales and profits by effectively managing all aspects of the company or your department, development, and execution of plans to improve customer service satisfaction and efficiency.
- Assistant Manager: An Assistant Manager is simply someone who assists the General Manager. As an assistant manager, you are expected to support the general manager in running the day-to-day operations, ensure optimum guest and customer satisfaction, see to it that sales and profits grow, assist or perform duties of the team members, assist in the hire and recruitment of the right team members, provide regular feedback to team members on their performances and progress.
The Hiring Process
The hiring process at Checkers Restaurants begins by applying and completing the employment form we’ve discussed. Within a week of applying for your desired position, the Human Resources Officer will reach out to you. If you filled the online application form, you’d receive notifications on your application status via email. Still, if you filled the paper application, you’d receive your updates via a telephone call. Prospective applicants for restaurant management jobs and team members are usually hired immediately after their interviews. Still, hiring applicants for corporate positions takes a while longer, so you’ll have to exercise patience should you apply for a position like Legal Project Assistant.
The Interview Process
Many people flinch when interviews are mentioned because either they’ve not attended many of them or they are poorly prepared for them. The interview process at Checkers Drive-in Restaurants is straightforward and fair, and you might have to undergo Drug Testing and Background checks. Interviews at this company are in-person interviews where you’ll have to be physically present. Dress well, probably business casual, wear a pleasant smile and genial personality. At the interview, highlight your skills and experience related to your job description, answer all questions honestly, and inform the hiring manager that you have the organization’s best interest at heart. Cite instances where you’ve helped customers with a particular problem, let the interviewer know that your skills are priceless, related, and they cannot afford not to have you on their team. Present yourself and your qualifications in a position where you know you will be hired but make sure you do not demand too much when negotiating the salary and hourly rate. Do this, and you’re sure to get the job offer; may the stars be with you.
Salaries of Employees at Checkers Restaurants
According to Payscale, employees at Checkers Drive-in Restaurant Incorporated earn an average of $57,000. Employees with the job title, Attorney, earn the highest with an estimated annual salary of $144,000, while employees with the job title Cashier earn the least with about $15,000 annually.
The working schedule at this organization is pretty tight. All Checkers Restaurants open on Sundays to Thursdays from 9:00 a.m to about 1:00 a.m and on Fridays and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 a.m. So if you’re ready to work here, prepare to work late at night on some days and make sure you can work on weekends.
Interesting Facts about Checkers Drive-in Restaurants
- The company’s slogan is ”Bold burger since #1.’
- It was originally two different companies, Checkers and Rallys. They merged in August 1999.
- Checkers was founded by Jim Mattei in 1989 in Alabama, while Jim Patterson founded Rallys in 1985 in Kentucky.
- Employees are paid either weekly or biweekly based on their choices.
- Checkers Restaurants hires more women than men.
- Frances Allen was named CEO of Checkers Restaurants in February 2020.
Application into Career Online High School
Did you know that Checkers Drive-in Restaurants Incorporated has a career online high school? I doubt it. This school is entirely free for employees at Checkers Restaurants who dropped out of high school for certain reasons. All you need is a smartphone, tablet, or laptop with a strong internet connection to access your classes online, and this diploma can be used to pursue higher education.
Why Should You Enroll in Career Online High School?
- You can earn a high school diploma (not a GED) accepted at various colleges and universities.
- You can transfer your credits or passing scores from your previous high school.
- You are allowed to work at your own pace as the program is self-paced. You have to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours every week to schoolwork.
- You enjoy the benefits of having a personal and dedicated academic coach.
- You have the choice to choose any career path you deem fit and get employed with your diploma.
- The lessons contain evaluations for you to attempt at the end of each lesson, thus, eliminating the test usually taken at the tail end of all lessons.
How to Enroll into the Career Online High School?
- Log into the Career Online High School website on www.ed2go.com/checkers/.
- On the top left side of the page, under ‘Browse Catalog,’ click on ‘Career Online High School.’
- From the list of options, pick any career path of your choice and click on ‘Enroll Now.’
- You’ll be redirected to another page. Read the instructions before clicking ‘Continue Enrollment.’
- On the ‘New Students Start here’ column, fill in your email address and click on ‘Create a New Account.’
- On the next page, fill in your details and create your account.
- Verify your application by clicking the confirmation email sent to the associated email address.
- Begin the course and complete it in not more than two weeks.
Who is Eligible to Enroll at the Career Online High School
If you’re 16 years old or older, you can enroll at this free; online school. Avail yourself of this golden opportunity.
Benefits Enjoyed by Checkers Restaurants Employees
- Health Insurance
- Dental Related Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexibility at Home
- Flexible Schedule
- Financial Bonuses
- Monthly Bonuses
- Employee Discount
- Retirement Plan
- Food Provided
- Other Benefits
- Paid Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Career Choice Training
Basic Interview Questions at Checkers Restaurants
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why do you want to work here at Checkers Drive-in Restaurants?
- If you could further your education, what path would you choose and why?
- How would you function efficiently during a shift when there are so many customers?
- How would you greet a customer or guest before or while taking an order?
- Do fresh ingredients spark excitement in you?
- How best would you quell a heated argument between a customer and a fellow worker or between you and a customer?
- Have you ever supported a person or cause being fully aware that it could be detrimental to you, loved ones, career, or reputation before, simply for the fact that it’s the right thing to do?
- What makes you best suited for this job?
- How much would you like to earn while working this job?
Sincerely, I must thank you for making it this far. I hope you learned all there is to know about working at Checkers Drive-in Restaurants. Please tell us how best you enjoyed reading this article, or feel free to express your views where we’ve performed below your expectations.
Also read Giant Food Careers – Job Opportunity, Salary, Complete Guide