One might wonder what the essential documents required to get transferred from one school to another are. If you are looking for a guide on how to get elementary school Transfer Request letter for school-going kid, you have come to the right place.
Write A Proper Letter For Prior Approval
You need to write a simple letter addressed to the school principal requesting to approve the withdrawal and transfer of your child to admit them into the new school. You may want to mention the reason behind such a transfer. They will consider your request and either provide you the documents or guide you to fulfill the prerequisites if any.
Format Of A Elementary School Transfer Request Letter
These types of letters are generally addressed to the principal of the school concerned. Do not drag the letter unnecessarily. You need to write what you want most politely and formally possible.
Postal code: XXXXXXX
Sub: Application with respect to the transfer request of a student of yours.
With all due respect, I want to draw your attention to one of your students in elementary (class name), named (name of your child). They are a bright, sincere, and disciplined student of your school. Due to some personal reasons, I have to move to another city, with my family. It would be convenient for (name of your child) to continue their schooling there only. In addition to other prerequisites, I may need your approval for their transfer from (name of old school) to (name of the new school).
Kindly, do the needful.
Father/mother of (name of your child).
Dear (name of the principal),
Sub: In relation to the transfer request letter.
Respected Sir/ Madam
I am the mother of a very bright and sensible student of yours. Her name is (the name of your child). She studies in (her class name). I am writing this letter to inform you about my job transfer to Faridabad. Under which I am obliged to enroll (your child’s name) in a school nearby. I request you to approve the school transfer of my child formally.
Kindly take the necessary steps in that direction.
Reasons For Requesting A School Transfer
In this rush hour of a century, there are a lot of causes that would require a student to get transferred to a new school. These are:
- Your family moves a lot: there is a possibility that you belong to an army family or your parents are into a profession that requires them to make transfers. As a result, you find yourself requesting a transfer letter a good number of times.
- You may be facing bullying: ragging and bullying remain the ugly truth of our school/university culture. More often than not, a student changes a school to get a more friendly and inclusive environment.
- You have a close friend/ relative/ sibling in another school: friendships and relationships attract us and make us do whatever we need to to stay close. This is one of the top reasons to transfer among schools.
- Getting a better curriculum/ opportunity: schooling is the foundation of an individual’s overall character development and personality. You always want to grow, learn and make progress. If you are looking for a better chance of growth at another place, you might want to consider a transfer.
These are the most basic of reasons to get one’s child out of the old school. Although, do not be surprised if you find any other bizarre reasons for transfers too.
Tips To Smoothen The Process Of Transfer
New schools can be thrilling as well as nerve-wracking. Those heavy piles of documentation, with always one or two papers less due to your forgetful behavior, can be really stressful. To ease out the process, here are some tips:
- Give a call to the administration office of the new school for quick queries.
- Ask, in detail, about all the required documentation.
- Write, in advance, to the administration office of the old school to be ready with the documents.
- Go through the revised curriculum of the school you are/your child is getting transferred to.
- Read about the anti-ragging procedure or the workings of the redressal cell, if any.
- Make sure the infrastructure of the new school is up to the mark.
- Reach on the set date to complete all the formalities.
- Give your child a tour of their new school, if possible.
Format Of A Transfer Certificate
Changing schools is one crucial step in a child’s life. If you are a parent, you will most probably be the most anxious one in the room until completing all the formalities of their school transfer. The formal transfer certificate would assist you in disposing of the necessary information for the format.
Name of the student
Class in which he/she was admitted _____in academic year____
Class in which he/she is currently studying in_____ academic year____
Class to which he/she is promoted/detained to/ in _____
Result in the previous grade_____
Last attended day in school______
Sign of the principal school stamp
A child’s academic interests are vital to a parent. They take every decision taking into consideration its impact on their child’s future. Getting everything in order on the due date is one of the core responsibilities for the smooth happening of the process. This article can be considered as a guide to that journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the transfer a lengthy process? Depends upon the administration of both the schools. Generally, no, it’s not a lengthy process.
- Is the presence of my child necessary for the formalities? You might want to confirm that by giving a call to the administration/query handling department.
- Is the transfer certificate necessary? In 99.9% of cases, yes. You can clear your doubts by contacting the new school or going on their official website.