American Eagle Outfitters, or as they are commonly known as American Eagle alone. 18 years of age is the minimum American Eagle Hiring Age. It is a public retail store running in more than 1000 locations worldwide, with 46,000 employees and counting. They deal in clothing, footwear, lingerie, personal care, footwear, and accessories for men, women, high school kids, and older people and attract their attention with their brand jeans, tee-shirts, swimwear, boxers, and polo shirt most often.
However, certain exceptions are made, and 16 and 17-year-olds are also hired at particular locations if they have a work permit. One must contact their nearest store and confirm if they accept applications from anyone younger than 18 years old.
To know more about the hiring process, the dress code of the employees, the hours of work required to be done, the benefits an employee is provided with, the responsibilities and positions of work along with the hourly pay rate, you must scroll down your screen and continue reading to stay updated in all these spheres and more.
American Eagle Hiring Age
To begin with the hiring process first, the steps are discussed below,
- You can easily check with the company website online and be given a list of position names and the associated responsibilities depending on the area you live in and which position is vacant at the time of your applying.
- Fill in all the asked details, including name, address, contact information, education, work experience, correctly by checking all the filled details twice or thrice and then click on the apply button against the position you think you desire to work.
- Upload your resume and attach it with a cover letter for the best of considerations and feedback.
- Preference is given to a candidate with retail experience, with a hold on a high school diploma or general education development as the most basic achievement.
- The interview is a must and is conducted once all applications have been read and shot listed.
- If your answers satisfy the hiring team, you shall be contacted for further hiring processes.
- Do keep in contact with the store and stay updated with the immediate process being held out.
- Inquire about your application if you have not heard from them for quite some time.
- No drug test is required to be done on the applicants being considered for the job.
- Three hours of paid orientation and training get you to have your hand over the company store’s rules, regulations, and working policies.
Interviews are a difficult step to crack so below I have mentioned certain things that shall leave you confident for any interview whatsoever.
Let us begin with a list of 10 most expected interview questions (they may not be the sole questions asked, so be prepared to answer out of mentioned questions as well)
- Why did you choose to apply to our company?
- What do you know about the company?
- Have you been referred?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Can you add value to the company with your services?
- Where do you see yourself in the next few years?
- What has your previous work experience been like?
- What are your availability and salary expectation?
- Why should the company hire you?
- Tell us something interesting about yourself?
You must prepare these basic questions and keep them ready to stand out in the interview as they have innumerable candidates to answer the same questions. Also, you can prepare a list of questions to ask the team in case they approach you saying, “Do you have any questions that you would seek answers from us? Do grab this opportunity and show your interest, as shall be proved by your research and quickness in providing answers.
Some tips to crack the interview are as follows:
- Reach the venue ahead of the allotted time; last-minute entry creates a bad impression on your employer. It shall show you lack punctuality, and they shall actually entertain no excuses. Sometimes employers do keep a check on their interviewees as they remain seated, waiting for their turn. They may knowingly test your patience by keeping you wait for a good deal of time. They would want to know later how you used that waiting time and how often you went on to check with the receptionist about your turn and further delay.
- Your cell phone should be on muted as soon as you enter the premises of the company. If you are seen being busy over the phone all the while until your turn, they might note it as a backlash as not being available at the job and being consistently busy over the phone.
- I prefer to dress in formals for any interview you go to, but you can also choose business casuals and look professional while having some comfort in the attire you wear. It is indeed heard that first impressions carry a hold of their own, but you definitely won’t consider that to be the sole reason for being hired and won’t let your dressing skills make you lose an opportunity at hand. So dress well and look stunning for an interview.
- Once before the team of hirers, let not that tension perspire out and glow at your skin. Relax and breathe a sigh of relief. It is indeed important to keep your mind at peace to follow the questions asked and answer them confidently.
- Do not speak too fast to express you are in a hurry or too slow to bore the team to sleep. Keep a normal pace and regular tone when speaking.
How long does the entire hiring process take?
According to a Glassdoor Economic Research report, it takes an average of 23 days to get hired by any company in the United States. Some may have a speedier hiring process and still extend to 10 days as the minimum. Some are really laid back when hiring employees, making the applications wait for around 53 days as the maximum waiting period before hiring. However, American Eagle applicants have mentioned that it takes around two weeks to complete the entire hiring process.
What are the various pay rates of different positions at the American Eagle store?
The average pay per hour of various positions has been mentioned below:
- Sales associate receives $9 ranging from $7 to $11
- Retails Sales associate receives $10 ranging from $8 to $15
- The assistant store manager receives $18 ranging from $13 to $25
- Retails store Assistant manager receives $16 ranging from $12 to $23
- Lead cashier receives $10 ranging from $8 to $13
- The staffing manager receives $13 ranging from $10 to $18
All the employee payments are made on a bi-weekly basis on Fridays to be specific.
What are the expected shift hours at the store?
4 hours of shift is expected on a usual basis but customer traffic can lead to your shift being extended to 6 to 8 hours as well.
What are the various benefits to look up to be working at American Eagle?
The company store provides casual dress picking options, paid sick leaves, paid vacations, flexible schedules of work, life insurance, and discount for employees. 40% off on all priced items in the store, 50% once or twice a week after the new merchandise has arrived and is set on the floors, also an additional 25% off on clearance items is given to all the employees be it full time or part-time. Working in a cloth store expects you to dress fashionably well, so you need to look good to convince others to buy your store products. The employees are expected to wear casuals, but from the store brand itself, however, they are not permitted to wear leggings. Tattoos and piercings are acceptable, but this may vary for certain locations.