Jack in the box is an American restaurant chain company founded by Robert O Peterson in 1951. The company is based in San Diego, California. It operates in more than 20 American states, with over $1 billion annually and more than 20,000 employees. Here, we’ll know about Jack in the Box Hiring Age.
The employees at Jack in the box must be 16 years or over.
Jack in the box is a publicly-traded company that trades on NASDAQ as JACK. It operates mainly a fast-food-oriented restaurant chain that serves food items such as Hamburgers, chicken, salads, along with breakfasts and desserts. The restaurant also serves food items based on international cuisines, such as tacos, from Mexican cuisine.
It was the first restaurant chain to make use of a two-way intercom system in its drive-through. This allowed the customers to place their orders at one window and collect it at another. This service system was groundbreaking in the industry and soon became popular in the restaurant industry.
Subsidiary And Divisions:
Jack in the box introduced JBX Grill in 2004 as a line of casual restaurants. The restaurants served quality café-style food, with infrastructure and décor also keeping up with the overall aesthetics and atmosphere of the food served.
The customer services at JBX Grill were similar to those of fine dining restaurants. This division of Jack in the box operated in more than 5 locations in California and Idaho. Still, it was later converted to the original Jack in the box as the concept didn’t prove to be as successful.
Jack in the box job opportunities:
Jack in the box seeks employees that enjoy a high-energy and fast-paced work environment. The associates are expected to be dedicated and diligent in their duties. The job seekers capable of working fast and accurately are the employees that Jack in the box is looking for.
The restaurant depends on hardworking employees that are capable of good teamwork for smooth operation. Therefore, the company offers both entry-level and corporate jobs and flexible work schedules so that the employees can balance their professional and personal lives better.
The entry-level jobs at Jack in the box are widely abundant and easy to apply for. The applicants applying for the position must possess adequate interaction skills to communicate well with the customers and be friendly and approachable.
Jack in the box: job positions and salaries
The company offers job opportunities at several positions within the restaurant chain. Some of these positions, their brief description, and the salaries are listed as follows.
- Team Member: This is an entry-level job best suited for quick-witted employees and has a good presence of mind. The position requires the employees to interact with customers, take orders, prepare food, manage drive-through windows, handle cash register, etc.
The team members are not required to have prior experience; however, they must be interactive, approachable, friendly, and courteous to the customers and provide a satisfying and fulfilling dining experience.
Team members must also be capable of lifting and carrying about 15 to 20 pounds.
These employees begin their job at minimum wages of about $8 to $10 an hour. However, their salaries are increased with experience. The increment also depends on the hard work and dedication that the employees put in their work.
- Team Leader: This employee serves as the supervisor to the team members. A team leader is a first-level manager that guides and supervises the team members prepares their work schedules, and maintains a fun and healthy work environment for the subordinates. They are also responsible for maintaining the restaurant’s cleanliness, handling customer queries, maintaining food safety, etc.
The team leader earns about $10 to $12 an hour. The applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent degrees to apply for this post.
- Manager: The managers at Jack in the box are responsible for managing the restaurant operations at a particular location. This is a perfect job opportunity for applicants that wish to apply for a full-time job. The manager’s duties include maintaining the cleanliness and safety standards, keeping track of the sales and profits earned, managing customer queries, hiring new associates, paying team members, and maintaining the supplies.
These employees earn about $50,000 a year, while assistant managers earn about $30,000 to $40,000 annually.
- Hiring age: To be eligible to apply for a job at Jack in the box, the applicant must at least be sixteen years old. Sixteen years old qualify for a job at the position of the team member. For applying for a team leader or management post, the applicants must be 18 years and above.
- Educational qualifications: School-going students of ages 16 and above can apply for a team member post. However, the employees at the center of team leaders and managers are strictly required to possess high school diplomas to be eligible for the job.
How to apply:
The application process at Jack in the box is simple. The applicants are required to follow the following steps to apply for a job.
- Go through the career portal of the Jack in the Box website.
- Search for jobs by filtering through keywords like locations or job positions, etc.
- Find your desired job and click apply.
- The action will proceed to open an application form.
- Fill the form with required details and personal information like phone number, e-mail address, etc.
- Create a personal account by registering an e-mail address and a password. This account can be used further to track the application status.
- Upload your resume, along with the necessary certificates of qualifications.
- Review the application.
- Answer some personality-based questions.
- Click apply to submit and register the application.
The hiring process begins within a week of the application process. The managers at Jack in the box contact the selected candidates via phone calls or e-mails to schedule an interview with them regarding their applied job. Some frequently asked questions at a Jack in the box interview are as follows.
- What do you know about Jack in the box?
- How did you come across this job?
- Describe your strengths and weaknesses.
- What are your other job options if you are not hired today?
- Why did you quit your previous job?
Occasionally, the recruiters would require the applicants to role-play the position they are applying for by playing customers themselves to get a better idea of their personality.
Benefits of working at Jack in the box:
Jack in the box offers several benefits and perks to its employees. These usually include:
- Both full-time as well as part-time job opportunities
- Flexible work hours
- Healthcare coverage, including dental, vision as well as life insurance
- Financial security plans
- Paid time off and vacation
- Various service rewards
- Stock options
- Educational coverage
- Retirement plans, etc.
Jack in the box is an innovative company in the American fast-food industry that seeks to hire creative and innovative associates to help secure their brand’s hold. The company is constantly improving on its menu with the help of capable employees. It therefore actively seeks hardworking and courteous employees with approachable, friendly, and kind personalities.
- What is the hiring age for team members at Jack in the box?
For team members, the hiring age is 16 years.
- What is the average annual salary of a Nack in the box manager?
The average salary of a Jack in the box manager is $50,000.
- Does it require prior experience to be a team member at Jack in the box?
No. Team member positions at Jack in the Box are entry-level positions that do not require any prior experience.