Five Below is a public chain of American discount stores found by Tom Vellios and David Schlessinger spread across 1000 stores in different locations employing over 13,000 employees. They deal with a wide range of products, including sports, school, electronics, bath, body, candy beverages, accessories, and many more. The minimum Five Below Hiring Age is 16 years. The company is strict about considering the employee’s age and thus does not allow any minors to be employed.
To know more about the hiring process, the dress code of the employees, the hours of work required to be done, the benefits an employee is provided with, the responsibilities and positions of work along with the hourly pay rate, you must scroll down your screen and continue reading to stay updated in all these spheres and more.
Five Below Hiring Age
The steps of hiring are discussed below:
- An online application can be submitted by visiting the career page of Five below by filling in your location and preference to get the best deals of job applications.
- Attach your personal details such as name, education, address, and contact information accurately, along with work experience, if any, and relevant skills and capabilities which highlight your aptness for the position you have applied for.
- Add a cover letter for better consideration, and don’t forget to do the most important step, which is uploading your resume.
- There are no printable applications to avail. So you will have to drop the idea of filling your application form with a pen and then submitting it physically at the store for better consideration.
- You may or may not be asked to assess to prove that your mentioned abilities match the job profile you have applied for. There is nothing for you to panic, because it is a simple way for the hiring team to evaluate.
- Once the screening of applications is done, the short-listed applicants shall be contacted for a face-to-face interview at the store. You shall be asked several questions to consider you worthy of the position.
Some expected interview questions could be:
- Why did you choose to apply to our company?
- What do you know about the company?
- Have you been referred?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Can you add value to the company with your services?
- Where do you see yourself in the next few years?
- What has your previous work experience been like?
- What are your availability and salary expectation?
It is important to prepare these basic questions and keep them ready to stand out in the interview. Also, you can prepare a list of questions to ask the team in case they approach you saying, “Do you have any questions that you would seek answers from us? Do grab this opportunity and show your interest, as shall be proved by your research and quickness in providing answers.
- Post your interview. You shall be contacted at the earliest for orientation and training if selected, followed by which you shall be given the offer letter and asked to begin at the position formally as part of the team.
- No drug rests are required to be done. However, background checks are common to check the presence of any felon’s background.
If you have been wondering what to wear on the day of your interview, read below to get your answer:
Formals are usually picked for any interviewed one, but you can also choose business casuals and look professional while having some comfort in the attire you wear.
It is indeed heard that first impressions carry a hold of their own, but you definitely won’t consider that to be the sole reason for being hired. At the same time won’t let your dressing skills make you lose an opportunity at hand. So dress well and look stunning for an interview.
How long does the entire hiring process take?
This is a question of many applicants about how long they will need to make a time investment for the entire process to be held. According to a report from the Glassdoor Economic Research, it takes an average of 23 days to get hired by any company in the United States, some may have a speedier hiring process and still extend to 10 days as the minimum, and some that are really laid back when hiring employees, making the applications wait for around 53 days as the maximum waiting period before hiring. However, the applicants of Five below should be pleased to read this piece of information that it takes a few days or a week sometimes before the offer letter is finally approved by HR. One should feel free to contact the store in case of any unwanted delay. However, do not begin poking and inquiring until a week to be on the safe side.
What are the various shifts at Five below?
Monday to Saturday the timing of the store is from 10: 00 am to 9: 00 pm while on Sunday the timing is from 12 noon to 6: 00 pm.
What are the various pay rates of different positions at the Five below?
The average pay per hour of various positions has been mentioned below:
- A sales associate receives an average pay of $ 10 ranging from $ 8 to $ 13 in an hour.
- A merchandise manager receives an average pay of $ 15 ranging from $ 11 to $ 20 in an hour.
- An assistant store manager receives an average pay of $ 15 ranging from $ 11 to $ 20 in an hour.
- A retail store assistant manager receives an average pay of $ 13 ranging from $ 10 to $ 18 in an hour.
- A key holder receives an average pay of $ 13 ranging from $ 9 to $ 17 in an hour.
- A cashier receives an average pay of $ 10 ranging from $ 8 to $ 13 in an hour.
- A team leader receives an average pay of $ 15 ranging from $ 10 to $ 19 in an hour.
All the employee payments are made on a bi-weekly basis that is every two weeks.
What are the various benefits to look up to be working at Five below?
- Medical coverage
- Dental disability vision and health insurance
- Retirement plans
- 20% employee Discount
- Paid vacation
The responsibilities of few positions have been mentioned below very briefly.
- A stocker primarily wants to load and unload merchandise, keep track of their incoming and outgoing, lift or drag heavy objects, and be consistently on their feet during their work hours. However, they are hardly seen with the customers because they work back house.
- A sales associate is supposed to help and guide the customers to attain their interest from the huge surrounding. They must be polite and patient. At the same time, they must be well aware of each item’s positions, quantity, and price on the shelf.
- A Cashier is supposed to bill the items purchased accurately with consideration of any discounts or offers ongoing. They must also explain the total items and combined bill before asking for the payment to be made by the customer.
Do the employees have a certain dress code to follow?
No, there is no fixed dress code to follow; employees are given the opportunity to dress pretty casually and comfortably.
Also read DUNKIN DONUTS HIRING AGE