Best Buy, an American multinational company is a retail electronic store employing around 1,25,000 people operating under 1000 stores. It remains open throughout the year with reduced or delayed hours of operation, only availing the eve of Christmas to be a store closed holiday.
Best Buy Hiring Age
A minimum age qualification of 16 years is required for an entry-level position at Best Buy, whereas 18 and above is the age barrier for most other positions at the company store.
A mention of the steps to apply and grab a position at Best Buy has been listed below:
- First of all, you need to make your application meet the company’s hiring agent’s notice by sending in an online application. One can apply online through the company’s careers site after searching for your position of choice and closeness location.
- Please create a profile of yourself with a username and strong password so that no one else can gain access to it. It shall demand you to mention your name, address, contact information, educational qualification, experience, and parentage.
- Your resume must be uploaded along with the application. It is a very crucial step that cannot be missed by any chance.
- You can also avail of the offline pen and paper mode of application if you want to. Still, there’s absolutely no need for it when you can jolly well sit at home, apply, and follow up the updates from time to time rather than calling, texting, or visiting the store for delayed processing.
- Once your application has been reviewed in your favor, you shall be contacted for a phone interview lasting for about 30 minutes, after which you shall be called for an in-person interview based on how satisfactory you stood at the initial stage.
- One can easily check their application status by calling on the Best Buy credit card center.
- You shall be asked a good number of questions, so be prepared with all your answers, and don’t forget to keep a list of questions asked by you ready, if allowed to be answered.
- A good research about the company you desire to work in is a precursor to any application process, so keep the basic details in mind.
- If an applicant has some knowledge of electronics, it becomes easier for them to get hired. Along with this, if the applicants can prove to have humbleness, clarity in speech and communication, friendly nature, learning interest, he or she shall be more loved and appreciated for his services.
- If you pass the second interview, you shall be hired and asked to complete your orientation and training by looking around and knowing your work area, taking active participation in group discussions, and completing assigned tasks to check your knowledge.
What Is The Approximate Time That Is Needed For The Entire Process Of Getting Hired?
The duration of the hiring process can differ for different reasons. If you have an excellent background in terms of experience and have references for being effective and productive at a particular position, you may be considered for the job immediately, while the usual time of getting hired could range from a minimum of three days to a week, while a very unexpected delay could be that of a month.
What Are The Hours Of Work At Best Buy?
32 hours of services a week is the deemed contribution for a part-time employee, while full-time employees are expected to work for 8 hours a day, making sure they serve at least 40 hours a week.
What Are The Company’s Pay Structure And Rate Per Hour?
- A Cashier is paid $11, ranging from $10 to $14
- Stockers are paid $11, ranging from $10 to $16
- Sales Associate receives $14 ranging from $8 to $23
The employees are eligible for overtime payments if they have served more than 40 hours a week. The payments are made on a biweekly basis.
Operational Hours Of Stores And Employee Shifts Are:
Best Buy store timings are from 10 am to 9 pm while an employee’s shift could vary depending on the store’s need, but an approximate range of 5-8 hours of work is required to be done in one day.
What Does The Employee’s Wear In Store?
Employees can now wear a blue polo over black or blue denim. In the initial days of service, one may wear white polo with black pants (not jeans) and black shoes. Tattoos, piercings, and colored hair are at the discretion of the store manager. It may be allowed in certain stores while being prohibited at another.
What Are The Perks And Benefits That Should Be Looked Up To By The Working Employees?
Employees are eligible for availing the benefit of Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, death benefits, along with short-term disability insurance for illness and accidents. Employees are not given any commissions directly with a mention, but incentives are ultimately based on your selling capacity and services. They have exclusive discounts for the employees and offer sick leaves and paid vacations, along with a pension.