Cinemark or Cinemark Holdings is the third-largest theatre chain based in Plano, Texas in the United States. As of March 4, 2021, Cinemark has over 548 locations. It was founded by Lee Roy Mitchell on February 5, 1984, and since then has been a successful enterprise in the world of theatres. The theatre giant is not only based in the United States but has spread its wings everywhere. It has agreements with Walt Disney Sony, Warner Brothers, and Paramount. Cinemark has now merged with Century Theatres, Tinseltown, CineArts, and Rave Cinemas and works towards running movies. Today Cinemark is worth $2.12 Billion. A leader in the motion picture exhibition industry, Cinemark has 6,082 screens and has been ranked #1 and #2, respectively, by box office revenues. Here, let’s know about Cinemark Careers.
Cinemark Holdings is a great company to work in because it is a global company. How cool will it be to work at the third-largest theatre chain in the entire United States? Theatre-based works are fun to do, and it is recommended that people should apply to such careers because there are a lot of things that unfold. A good application with potential will easily get you a job there. But how do you prepare yourself to face their interviews? Don’t worry about getting a job at Cinemark; we have broken down every aspect of a career at Cinemark. While you read this article, start getting ready because things are going to get real.
Careers At Cinemark
As mentioned earlier, Cinemark has various job positions. You just need to do your research and know what suits you the best and where you can devote yourself. It doesn’t matter from what background you are from. An overview of Cinemark’s careers has been given below for your better understanding.
The Theatre Team
The theatre team at Cinemark is one of the important groups of people that manage Cinemark’s theatres. They have tremendous responsibilities of taking care of the theatres that Cinemark is known for. The people falling under this category are mainly doing all the fieldwork because most of them are primarily present at the theatres all the time. People mainly apply for these three areas in the theatre team, Box Office, Concessions, and Usher. Besides these three, the position of a janitor is also available. These mentioned positions don’t require experience.
The Restaurant Team
Are you a chef? Do you have a fondness for cooking? Do you enjoy working at restaurants? Cinemark’s restaurant team has various positions open for you. Yes, you heard that right. Cinemark’s restaurants need assistance and they are looking for people. Isn’t it amazing how a theatre company like Cinemark has positions open for their restaurants? This shows how diverse Cinemark is and how influential and great of a company it is. You can be a host or a hostess, server, bartender, Line Cook, and Prep Cook.
The Management Team
The management team has the positions of assistant managers and theatre managers. They hardly hire a new theatre manager because those positions require immense experience and promotion. Assistant managers are hired based on their qualifications and experiences. These positions are very important because these people have to look after everything.
The Theatre Support Team
The theatre support team is the voice of Cinemark. You will be assigned to call centers and you need to assist people. People are trained by Cinemark professionals before they start this job. You will have the responsibility of guiding the guests and resolving their issues. The positions you can apply for under this team are Guest Service Representative, Digital Cinema Support, Sales and Management Support, Refurbishment Engineer, Quality Assurance Specialist, Frisco.
The Corporate Team
Corporate jobs are always in high demand. Highly qualified candidates are only hired for jobs in the corporate sector. Getting a job in this field can be tough and working can be pretty tiresome. But it’s all worth it in the end because these people get paid handsomely. Film, data and decisions, construction and design, marketing, Strategic Initiatives, Real Estate, operations, International and Project Management are the career fields Cinemark offers you.
How To Apply For a Job At Cinemark?
If you are seeking a job at Cinemark, then you are requested to pay attention to this part of the article. We have explained everything on how to apply for Cinemark’s jobs.
First, you will need to fill in Cinemark’s job application form, to do that you have to visit the official website of Cinemark. Go to your web browser and type Cinemark careers or you can just directly visit them through their website URL www.careers.cinemark.com. After you have done so, Cinemark’s career web page will open in front of you. On the top you will see APPLY NOW, click on it. If you want to know more about their careers, click on CAREERS.
You will be redirected to their webpage where they will show you variously available jobs at the moment. You can also filter your searches by their filter options. If you have certain preferences regarding the jobs, you would want to fill in the empty spaces provided in the search jobs. You just have to input your keyword/Req. Number, the category you would like to work in, the job type, your preferable location, and the distance.
You will be shown various jobs according to your own choice. Decide and choose what you would like to do. Let’s take into consideration you chose an ART DIRECTOR. After you are done choosing, click on APPLY NOW. You will be taken to a webpage that will then show you their offers, what work you will need to do, what they want from you, and their physical requirements.
After you are done with it, you will be required to create an account, create it to proceed further.
The Job Application Process
The job application process is quite long, so you will need the patience to fill in. Any wrong entries can lead to your disqualification, so be careful. Here is a step-by-step guide is given below.
- Step 1: Date of your application: When you see the form in front of you, you will see this at the top of the application. You are required to write the date you will apply for the job.
- Step 2: Position Applied: Cinemark asks you to put in your preference for the position you want to apply for. For example:- Art Director. Go ahead with your choice and fill in the space.
- Step 3: 2nd choice: Cinemark is kind enough to ask for your second preference. They ask this in case you have not qualified for your first preference, they might look for your second preference so that you can get a job.
- Step 4: Referral Source: Cinemark will ask you how you got to know them, six options are there in the application, Advertisement, Friend, Relative, Walk-in, Employment Agency, and Other. Each option has a box beside them. You need to tick the box that matches the way you got to know them. For example: – If you got to know Cinemark from your friend, tick the box that has ‘Friend’ written beside it.
- Step 5: Personal Information: You will be required to input your name, address, city, state, zip, salary desired, date available to start, home phone number, cell phone number, and email address. These are the basic information that every company asks from a person when they are applying for a job. Personal information is required for verification and communication.
- Step 6-12 Questions: After you are done putting in your personal information, you will see exactly 12 questions that you have to answer. Answer them by ticking the boxes Yes and No. Read the questions accordingly and tick the boxes accordingly.
- Step7: Educational Qualification: Now proceed to the table given and enter your educational qualifications. This part is mandatory and needs to be filled in.
- Step 8: Employment History: On the second page of the job application, fill in the second long table about your previous jobs. If you don’t have any, then you don’t have to.
- Step 9: The last step is to put your signature and date and submit the form.
This is what Cinemark’s job application looks like. You also have to attach your resume with your application.
Be ready for Cinemark’s interview questions. If you want to land a job there, then you need to pass their interview. Get your answers prepared for the questions written below and you sure are going to ace your interview.
- What do you know about Cinemark?
- Why do you want to work at Cinemark?
- Tell us about your job experiences.
- Why did you choose to work at Cinemark when there are better options?
- Tell us something unique about you.
- Why do you consider yourself fit for this job?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Why should we hire you?
- Are you ready to take responsibility if things go downhill?
- Do you have questions?
Although the salaries depend on the negotiation between the employer and the employee, Cinemark more or less has a fixed salary or wage for every position. They are not biased and offer pretty decent salaries. Employees who have worked before have left excellent reviews regarding their salaries. Check out below to see how much they pay their employees.
- Usher: $8-$12 approx
- Assistant Manager, Customer Service: $9-$16 approx
- Counter Attendant, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop: $6-$11 approx
- Cashier: $7-$12 approx
- Assistant Store Manager: $9-$16 approx
- Retail Store Assistant Manager: $11-$20 approx
- Assistant Manager: $10-$20 approx
- Server: $4-$27 approx
- Retail Cashier: $9-$14 approx
- Crew Leader: $8-$15 approx
- Project Engineer: $10-$24 approx
- Ticket Taker: $7-$10 approx
- Quality Assurance Specialist: $15-$28 approx
- Administrative Assistant: $12-$25 approx
- Team Leader: $7-$13 approx
- Payroll Processor: $18- $33 approx
- Maintenance and Repair Worker: $8- $16 approx
- Customer Service Representative: $11- $21 approx
- Executive Assistant: $16-$29 approx
- Cook Supervisor: $12-$19 approx
- Computer Programmer: $9-$32 approx
- Computer/ Network Support Technician: $21-$42 approx
- Assistant Restaurant Manager: $14-$23 approx
- Guest Services Representative: $10-$15 approx
- Waiter/Waitress: $3-$11 approx
Benefits of Working at Cinemark
The benefits that Cinemark provides are one upside of working there. Cinemark offers:
- Growth Opportunities
- 401k plans
- Health Benefits
- Employee Discounts
- Education Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- These were the basic benefits an employee gets from Cinemark. Here are more exciting offers that may inspire you to work there.
- Flexible work schedules
- Friendly work environment
- Weekly challenges
- Best team spirit
- Free popcorn
- Free movies
- Quick Growth
- More Career opportunities in the future
Jobs at Cinemark can be pretty tough, but it’s not bad at all. A work experience at Cinemark can build your career. Cinemark is one of the biggest U.S. corporations out there and is the country’s pride. If you have made your decision to work at Cinemark, then hats off to your brilliant decision. Their high salaries and exciting benefits keep you going. The friendly working environment just adds up to everything. Whether you want to gear up your career or explore working under the biggest companies, Cinemark is there to support your goals in all aspects. We hope this article has been of some help to you. Best wishes for your future.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Are Cinemark interviews easy?
Ans: Yes, people who have been to Cinemark interviews have said that Cinemark interviews are favorable and comparatively easy.
2) How long does it take to get hired at Cinemark?
Ans: You will get a call from them in about two weeks if you are hired.
3) What is the minimum age-eligible for a job at Cinemark?
Ans: 16 years or older can apply for a job at Cinemark. People below 18 years need their parental consent.
4) Is it true that Cinemark employees get to watch movies for free?
Ans: Working at Cinematic is a privilege because the employees are given the freedom to watch their movies for free. They stay up to date with the newest releases. After all, they are Cinemark employees.