Wanting to spend some quality time with your family and friends? Just want a 2-3 hour break before going for the juggling again? Resting and feeling at ease while being with your loved ones is what you want for the weekend? Just want to spend some time relaxing and doing nothing, being by myself?. Here , we’ll let you know about CINEMARK Hiring Age.
Well, the answers to all these questions can be understood and explained through a single explanation – “movies.” Most people love it; nobody hates it, perfect hideout from all the stress and ticket to spend some exceptional time with your loved ones. Movies not only prove out to be perfect stress busters but also allow you to be lost in an imaginary world, relate with a fictional story, and sometimes even motivate you (in the right sense) so that you could have the opportunity to gain the positives, shred the doubts and move on and live your life to the fullest. Sometimes it’s the story that catches your attention. At others, it’s the character someone is playing that draws you towards itself and asks you to shake all resistance and enjoy.
To make your cinema experience all the more enjoyable and loving, there are multiplexes and cinema halls with the best of everything to provide you with the perfect experience of watching movies and helping you have a great time with friends and family. They have the best sound systems, great screens, and amazing food availability and create a wonderful overall experience. One such destination is Cinemark.
Cinemark Holdings Inc. is also known as Cinemark, is a group of American movie theaters that inaugurated and started working back in 1961. Since then, the company has kept growing and reached great heights and is presently operating with more than 100s locations across America and Taiwan. The company has its headquarters in Plano, Texas, and also in Dallas – Fort Worth. The movie theater company is the largest one in Brazil and holds a market share of around 30%. There are various brands under which the company holds its accounts like ‘Cinemark, Century Theatres, Tinseltown, CineArts and Rave Cinemas.’
The founder of the company “Lee Roy Mitchell ” had the vision to reach the cinema experience to the audiences. The company also has various major Hollywood Studios like “Warner Brothers, Walt Disney, Paramount, and Sony”. Their theatres are well known for their beautiful ambiance, colorful interiors, and state-of-the-art videogame arcade.
The company also has a unique deal with ‘Universal’ in which any of its movies can earn and have an opening of more than $50 million during its 1st weekend of release. Their screening will be continued for a minimum duration of 5 weekends or 31 days. After that, even if the theatre wishes to screen the film, they can happily do that, but the title will be made available on its online portal like ‘Apple TV’ or ‘Amazon Prime Videos.’
CINEMARK: WORK CULTURE
Any company or business runs from the kind of employees it beholds. If you are looking for a place that requires 0 experience and will help you build your career and train you accordingly, this is just the place for you. Cinemark often hires inexperienced professionals and highly qualified and trained professionals equally and allows each of them to work through to grow their career in an international movie theater chain.
The company is all focused on hiring motivated, excited, and determined candidates who are willing to go above and beyond for customers’ happiness. Since it is highly established and widespread, the company claims to have given various opportunities to employees who were in desperate need of a job or were looking for a career change.
There are various positions and opportunities for which the company hires are ushers, Snack Corner Attendant, Ticket Counter Attendant, Cashier, Managers (Assistant and Theater). The minimum age requirement to work at Cinemark movie theaters is 16 years. They want a young and athletic staff to cope up with the customer demands. The pay scales, however, vary from position to position.
- USHERS – These have the prime responsibility of treating and greeting guests, explaining the directions and theater layouts, scouring the theater in between movie shows, and explaining the movie titles to the customers.
- SNACK CORNER ATTENDANT – These are the people who are responsible for filling up the bellies of customers and they do so diligently by explaining to the customers all the options there are for them to eat and drink. There are various categories of popcorn, shakes, soft drinks, various fast food options, and lots more for you to choose from.
- TICKET COUNTER ATTENDANT – What good would it be to go to a cinema hall if you are not able to buy a ticket? Tickets act as the entry tool and therefore the role of the ticket attendant becomes very important because they can only provide you with the necessary means so that you can enter and enjoy your movie experience. They also make sure that you have a proper ticket before they can let you enter the movie theater.
- CASHIER – They play the role of managing the funds and making sure that they can be accountable for any discrepancies, they do this with a lot of precision and accuracy.
- ASSISTANT MANAGER – The department of management is where these jobs come under. They make sure that everything is in order. The minimum hiring age of an assistant manager is 18 years or above. These have the advantage of working full or part-time. High school diplomas are fine for eligibility if you want to apply to this position. Their salary is around $10 per hour (because they have the option to pursue it part-time.
- THEATER MANAGER – This is the highest position of power that is available at Cinemark theaters and they are responsible for the overall safety of guests and making sure they have a brilliant and amazing experience while watching the movie with family and friends. Their pay scale is the highest too, ranging between $30,000 to $50,000 annually.
If you want to start early in your career, you can easily go for the various jobs available at Cinemark movie theaters. Apart from the work experience and the great salary benefit, you also get various perks of working at a movie theater. Some are mentioned below:
- Free (sometimes discounted) tickets for all the movies are easily available and serve as one of the most ingenious advantages.
- Part-time jobs (even entry-level jobs) are often served with various concessions.
- Most work time benefits are however enjoyed by the managerial posts so you’ll have to decide to be a manager to enjoy those perks.
- The normal benefits like life insurance, medical insurance, paid vacations and holidays, prescribed drug cards, etc are also available for permanent employees.
If you want to have a light-weighted work environment and not start to doze off in the overburdened workload and surely want to enjoy the occasional perks of ‘first day, first show’ in movies – this is your destination. Also, an early start in the career can act as a boon for your career because work experience always counts.
- What is the minimum age required to work for Cinemark?
The minimum age requirement of working at Cinemark is 16 years. Providing jobs this early, the minimum qualification is that you have completed your schooling and are determined and eager to work for them.
- What kind of jobs and positions are available for work in Cinemark?
There are various categories, from entry-level jobs to full-time jobs, where you can gather the required experience and explore all your skills and options. For example, the company provides the cashier, ushers, ticket counter attendant, snack counter attendant, assistant manager, and theater manager.
- How competitive is the hiring process of Cinemark?
If you want to have a head start in your career from a very early age, this probably is the perfect job opportunity for you. The process, however, isn’t very competitive, but that also depends on the post you are applying for. For the post of managers, the competitiveness increases.
- What are the best aspects of working at Cinemark?
The benefits depend on the category of job you have chosen. If you are a part-timer, the benefits are shrinking accordingly. Most benefits are applied to full-time employees. The usual meal benefits, movie tickets, paid vacations, health benefits are all offered to employees.
- What is the kind of salary structure of employees at Cinemark?
The position you are in or have applied for is the basic mechanism of determining the salary. Managers are paid the most with around $30,000 to $50,000 annually. However, other employees are paid on an hourly basis, including the assistant managers.