“Emotion” is far beyond just a word. Rather, it describes the whole of an individual. Identifying emotions within self is more complicated than understanding social media emoticons. Here, the Books On Understanding Emotions are listed below.
Everyone faces different emotions, such as anger, sadness, happiness, jealousy, guilt, shame, fear, and love. Every individual fails to identify the emotions and behaves weirdly by misinterpreting the particular situation’s emotions. People misinterpret feelings or emotions almost all the time as they are unaware of the differences among different feelings or emotions. Sometimes the feeling of jealousy, insecurity, and anxiety is confused with anger. Being able to distinguish among emotions, an individual might deal in a better way with the situations. Understanding emotions is significant for better living and healthy relationships.
The emotional breakdown is faced by almost everyone at some phase of life. The breakdown does not matter; what matters is how someone manages to stand again and fight back. Books only act as a guide to the way we should take, but it is completely our choice to cope with the situation or let us drowning in the waves of emotions.
Various techniques are discussed in books to cope with the emotional barriers faced by individuals. If someone wins the fight with sudden triggers of emotion, they can win every battle of life, whether it is a relationship, work-life, or anything. Books are really a blessing for humanity. One should build reading habits to improve the way to live life and manage self.
Books are real friends of a person who help in the ups and downs of life and manage stressful situations in life. A habit of reading itself is a remedy for uncontrollable situations. Many of us fail to understand the type of emotions the trigger by sudden emotions and feelings and reactions by a trigger. If understanding emotions are tricky, then controlling the reactions triggered by certain emotions is even trickier.
This the reason why psychologists write so many books to help individuals cope with their emotional drowning caused by stressful situations of life. Everyone faces trouble and stress in such a competitive and practical world, but how an individual deal with it is really crucial.
Best Books On Understanding Emotions
Myriads of books are written by great authors to simplify the perception related to emotions. Let’s discuss a few of them:
- Living Beyond Your Feelings by Joyce Meyer
- Don’t Let Your Emotions Run Your Life by Scott E. Spradlin.
- The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin
- Calming the Emotional Storm by Sheri Van Dijk
- Healing Your Emotional Self by Beverly Engel
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- Mind and Emotions by Matthew McKay, Patrick Fanning, and Patricia Zurita Ona
- The Emotionally Sensitive Person by Karyn Hall
- Emotions Explained with Buff Dudes by Owlturd Comix
Living Beyond Your Feelings by Joyce Meyer
In everyday life, an individual experiences thousands of thoughts that trigger emotions and feelings. Almost all the thoughts, feelings, and emotions we experience are felt like controlling us, but we win if they are under control. “Living Beyond Your Feelings” examined human beings’ feelings and discussed the paths by which the brain processes and stores memories and thoughts. Then Joyce Meyer has explained emotions and ways to manage our reactions to emotions. “Living Beyond Your Feelings” is the fusion of the Bible’s wisdom and the latest psychological research.
Don’t Let Your Emotions Run Your Life by Scott E. Spradlin
- Everyone has faced damaged relationships, illness, and untraceable situations in stages of life. “Don’t Let Your Emotions Run Your Life” provides aid to many individuals who would like to attain control over their feelings and lives. The effective and simple strategies used in “Don’t Let Your Emotions Run Your Life” are beneficial for people facing strong and overpowering emotions daily. “Don’t Let Your Emotions Run Your Life” is a workbook that helps a person learn ways to minimize the impact of painful feelings and maximize the effects of positive vibes that can help them manage life stress and attain the stage of calmness even with the flaring emotions.
The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin
- “The Sedona Method” is a way to master the skill of letting go of feelings like frustration, anger, anxiety, jealousy, stress, and fear, as well as physical pain. In “The Sedona Method,” Hale Dwoskin has mentioned and explained things one needs to know to master the letting go process. Hale Dwoskin has expressed the power of manifestation of wants by teaching to be comfortable with the things already achieved. The Sedona Method has taught us to enjoy and stay calm even with daily life experiences.
Calming the Emotional Storm by Sheri Van Dijk
- It is natural in today’s life to be out of control. Almost all of us face difficulties in managing our emotions that feel like a failure in life. Our reactions while feeling particular emotions may affect our ability to maintain harmonious relationships, work-life and even senses to think. “Calming the Emotional Storm” acts as a map to navigate the path to cope with intense emotions calmly by using skills from Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). Techniques provided in “Calming the Emotional Storm” help change the way to respond to stressful situations.
Healing Your Emotional Self by Beverly Engel
- Many kids are victims of wrong parenting as they were emotionally abused or neglected in their childhood. They tend to have low self-esteem, criticism by themselves, body shaming, and self-doubt. Beverly Engel is a psychotherapist who has mentioned a step-by-step program in the book “Healing Your Emotional Self” to help them heal the wounds of childhood caused by wrong parenting and treatment. “Healing Your Emotional Self” helps the victim raise self-esteem, love yourself, reunite with the true self, and silence the inner critics. “Healing Your Emotional Self” allows the person to gain a bit of what is missed in childhood.
Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- No matter how strong an individual is, everyone falls at some phase of life. “Rising Strong” is the book to teach us to get back up and tell us that accepting our stories of disappointment, failure, and heartbreak helps write a new story.
Mind and Emotions by Matthew McKay, Patrick Fanning, and Patricia Zurita Ona
- Everyone’s way of dealing with stressful situations is different. Some try to involve in other activities, or some attempt to forget or numb emotions. But this does not work for a more extended period. “Mind and Emotions” is a universal treatment program to deal with all emotional disorders that help discover the problematic coping style in which you are trapped. Rather than working on different emotions, one-by-one, “Mind and Emotions” help treat the root cause of emotional suffering. “Mind and Emotions” is a workbook that offers techniques needed to manage sudden feelings in efficient and productive ways.
The Emotionally Sensitive Person by Karyn Hall
- Every person is emotional, but some keep it inside while some express it. “The Emotionally Sensitive” is written by a psychologist who has mentioned proven effective behavioral and mindfulness techniques to help individuals who struggle with intense emotions. The book provides tools to stay in the present, identify emotional triggers, develop a strong and healthy identity, and experience uncomfortable emotions without affecting yourself. “The Emotionally Sensitive” teaches how to be more relaxed in relationships and recognize the negative thought patterns before acting on them. This book provides evidence-based strategies for taking charge of emotions.
Emotions Explained with Buff Dudes by Owlturd Comix
- “Emotions Explained with Buff Dudes” by Owlturd Comix guides the conflicted and tragicomic feelings and emotions of youth. “Emotions Explained with Buff Dudes” is a piece of victory and survival of being drowned by sleep deprivation, student loans, and youngster problems but never losing hope.
- The books mentioned are great books by great authors that can be ordered online. Read the books and comment if any of them helped you improve your life, reactions, and the ways to deal with your emotions. Let’s control your feelings and emotions, rather than letting them control you—win over yourself.
- Other than these, various other books are there to understand emotions such as “Mind over Mood” by Dennis Greenberger and Christine Padesky, “Why do I do that?” by Joseph Burgo, “Permission to feel” by Marc Brackett, “It Feels Good to be Yourself” by Theresa Thorn and Noah Grigni, “How Emotions are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain” by Prof. Lisa Feld Man Barrett, “Master your Emotions: A Practical guide to overcome Negativity and better manage your feelings” by Thibaut Meurisse, “Happier Now: How to stop chasing perfection and embrace everyday moments” by Nataly Kogan, and so on.
- Thousands and lakhs of Books are available on various topics and genres, but it is up to you which book you choose to read and implement within your own life. Choose wisely; happy reading!
also read: Top Must Read Books For Product Managers