What are good YOLO questions to ask? Very recently, a new app sky-rocketed to the #1 US app position within a week of its launch. This app, known as the YOLO app, is an anonymous question-asking app built around ‘Snapchat.’ Normally, the YOLO app is a teen sensation. The questions are asked to crushes or dates, where generally anonymity is ideal. But let’s move on to a different audience, and shift our focus from the college students to the adults or so-called office-goers. What if adults had the liberty to discuss their colleagues without disclosing their identity openly?
Here are a few ice-breaker questions to make life a bit easier, for the already hard-working adults. Enjoy!
What are good YOLO questions to ask?
- How would you grade yourself in terms of office performance?
- How many interviews you had to give before getting your dream job?
- What inspires you to keep doing your work?
- Would you date your boss/junior?
- Maximum cups of coffee consumed in a day?
- What secret name do you and your team members use when bitching about your boss?
- How often do you take naps during working hours?
- What is one thing you truly love about your workplace?
- When was the last time you lied to your boss?
- Would you like it if pets were allowed in your workplace?
- Have you secretly given negative reviews about your company, on an anonymous company rating app?
- Before the pandemic, where was your last office trip?
- A goof-up you did as a fresher that nobody knows about?
- Were you ever locked in your office, and had to spend the rest of the night there?
- Have you ever made a serious goof-up in your work email?
- Have you been in a situation, where you almost lost your job, because of somebody else’s mistake?
- After the pandemic, would you prefer to wear pajamas to the office?
- What is your best excuse for coming in late?
- Have you ever caused damage to office property on purpose?
- Considering remote working, what is one thing that would help remote teams to function better?
- What is one fancy item, you have bought with your first salary?
- Did you ever lie on your resume?
- Namely, a peculiar office tradition that you have?
- What song or music would make even the worst jobs bearable to do?
- Have ever danced around in your office?
- What is the most embarrassing situation you ever faced, during your work-life?
- If given a choice, would you trade your job with anyone in the office?
- Do you fancy a treadmill in your office cubicle?
- Name one web series, you have binge-watched during office hours.
- How do you deal with stressful situations in the office?
- Do you remember your first business jargon or office slang?
- What would you prefer, spending your entire life in a company or job switches every 2 years?
- Describe one major change you would do if asked to be the CEO of your office.
- If given 500$, for a startup, what would you do?
- Name something fancy, you would want as a fresher in your company.
- Your secret hideout in the company?
- Have you ever faced/reported gender or racial discrimination?
- What is one profession you admire, but you would never do it?
- Have you ever gone hungry, due to workload?
- Give one particular date, you will forget due to certain reasons.
- One piece of advice, you will give to a newbie, who joins the company?
- Do you love your job or are you forced to work?
- What is your dream regarding your career?
- Office cafeteria or takeaways?
- Early to work or last to leave?
- Startup or 9-6 job?
- Bike or cab?
- Charity work or high-end clientele?
- Always broke or cash loaded?
- Work from home or office?
- Casuals or formal workwear?
- Group discussion or one-to-one communication?
- Cubicles or open workspaces?
- Skillsets or diplomas?
- Appraisals or promotions (with transfers to a remote location)?
- Fall prey to injustice or lose your job by speaking against?
What if Scenarios
- If your cubicle was flooded, what is one office item you would save?
- What would be your reaction if you had to use rollerblades on office premises?
- If your office turned into a zoo overnight, which animal would you prefer as a cage partner?
- If trapped in ‘Jumanji,’ which three teammates would you take along with you to complete the task.
- If stranded on an island, who would you want as your partner, a person with a good sense of humor or good looks?
- What would you do if you had to choose between firing your best friend who is guilty or another employee who isn’t guilty?
- What would you choose, a job that pays well or a job that you love but pays lower than your expectations?
- Aliens have landed on Earth and have claimed one of your team members as a hostage. Who would it be?
- You are about to get married in a few hours, you and your bride/groom are stuck in office due to a blizzard. Would you get married in the office given the circumstances?
- You have just given your final interview round, and you’re almost sure of getting hired as the most deserving candidate.
In this situation, would you sacrifice your job, if you just realized your competitor is in dire need of the job, due to financial or medical reasons?
Name the First Person that Comes to Your Mind (Strictly from Your Office)
- Loves office gossip
- Boss’s favorite
- The office is bearable because of
- Unofficial breaks partner
- Can turn up drunk to office
- Runaway model
- The best motivator/ gives great pep talks
- Sleeping beauty
- Should have been your boss
- Loves office more than their home
- Sherlock Holmes (Detective)
- Should be the next president or host a talk show
- Social media addict
- Long-lost princess
- Severus Snape (Harry Potter reference)
- You would love to be stuck in an elevator with
Even if we say YOLO, the truth is we live every day and die only once. So, to all those reading this, kudos to you’ll make it this far in life. Let every passing day be better than yesterday. However convenient remote working might sound, but let’s hope we can run back to our offices, as soon as possible. Let’s all pledge to make one slight change in our daily routines, once the pandemic ends, to make this world a better place to live in.
Also read Havening: What are it and Techniques?