The largest store in the world, Walmart encompasses various products to choose from. Offering goods at economical prices, the organization has 10,593 Walmart stores worldwide, of which 4,743 are located in the US. Whether you want to work on a short-term or long one, working at Walmart can prove to be a very fruitful experience for you. The company is always providing job opportunities, enabling individuals to excel in their fields. So, if you are looking for a job, contact your nearest local Walmart team now. Keep reading to know about Walmart Careers.
If you want to build your career, then Walmart is the best place to work even if you are starting from scratch. There is no other company that continues to impact the world, thus expanding its growth in the contemporary world. Other than that, the company provides growth opportunities for its workers as well. The company has around 2.3 million employees working in different parts of the world. From truck drivers to some of the inspiring executives in the industry, it is full of competent staff.
Careers available at Walmart
The careers available at Walmart are as follows:
1. Cashier and front end
Cashiers play a pivotal role in every outlet of Walmart. You need to attend to customers, apart from taking cash and credit card payments from them. The other role is to pack the grocery and answer their general queries. So, you have to give your full time if you are applying for this position.
The average salary for the post is $11.60 per hour or it is $35,000 per year. This package is for those employees who work full-time.
You need to have multitasking skills if you wish to do this job. Moreover, you might be asked to assist in other areas during your free hours.
2. Stocking and unloading
Stockers have multiple roles. You need to sort inventory, unload trucks, and stock shelves. Also, when the stock is on the floor, your job is to see if the walkways are clean. Also, you have to answer the queries of the customers who buy the products.
The average salary for this position is $11.85 per hour. The rate is dependent upon the experience and company location.
You need to be physically fit, apart from having good manual dexterity. This is because the managers can ask you to lift the weight as well. Moreover, candidates need to be highly organized and they should have time management skills.
3. Food and grocery
Walmart has multiple employees in the field of food and grocery. You will be taking orders, stocking shelves, and ensuring that the food is fresh. Furthermore, you should give attention to detail and maintain a positive attitude toward the customers.
The average salary for this position ranges between $12.00 and $22.00 per hour. Moreover, those giving extra working hours will be provided with incentives.
Customer satisfaction is the top-most requirement for this job. Moreover, the work area should be neat, meeting all the safety requirements.
4. Online order filling and delivery
When customers order anything online, it is their job’s responsibility to shop and pack products for them. You also have to answer their queries related to products as well.
The average salary for this job is $12.67 per hour.
You need to have a friendly attitude, apart from demonstrating good time management skills. Also, make sure the products customers choose shouldn’t be damaged.
5. Supervisor and training
You need to lead the team and assist them in excelling in their tasks. You will be assigned a particular area in the store. The hourly supervisors must ensure that customers are satisfied and resolve their issues as well.
The average salary for this job is $15.56 per hour.
Hourly supervisors need to be hard-working, have good time management skills, and positive a positive attitude. They must have conflict-resolution skills.
6. Warehouse maintenance
Maintenance teams have multiple duties to perform. It is their responsibility to check if the equipment is maintained and need to fix them immediately if the problem is reported. Examples of equipment include electronic equipment, lift trucks, and material handling equipment.
The average salary for this job is $11.62 per hour.
You need to have physical fitness, technical skills, and manual dexterity. Moreover, having expertise in computers and communication is also required.
The job application process at Walmart
- To apply job in this company, you need to fill out an online application form.
- The first step is to opt for the job you are interested in. In case you lack experience, apply for the entry-level position. The job areas include a sales associate, cashier, or warehouse associate.
- You can either open their official website or go to the nearest job board to search for vacancies.
- Then, after the selection, you need to make your profile. Make sure to add the email that is valid as all the correspondence will be done through it.
Complete the login guide to my Walmart Account
- First login to the website to complete your health screening test.
- Then there are 2 steps in security measures to analyze if you are the correct person assessing the account. The first step is to add your username and password. The second step is receiving the one-time verification code.
- The last step is to get WIN—or, Walmart Identification Number—which is an integral part of your job at this company.
- Then you can log in without any hassle.
Below are some of the benefits discussed you will get if you are an employee of Walmart.
- Medical coverage of up to $31.40 which includes virtual healthcare programs. Those who are suffering from major ailments will get access to the best specialists and facilities available in the country.
- Moreover, associates can benefit from various insurance plans including accidental death, company-paid life, dismemberment, and business travel accident.
- Workers will get paid sick leave. Moreover, a paid maternity and paternity leave of 16 weeks and sex weeks is given to the employees.
- Walmart gives the schedule two weeks before to its workers so that they can prioritize their tasks and complete them in due time.
So, this guide is specially designed to help you understand all the nitty gritty details before you apply at Walmart. To put it simply, there are many job opportunities in this field. An exclusive combination of perks, pathways, and pay means you can advance in your career without any limits. So, whatever field you opt for, give your full efforts to excel in it. In the end, you will find yourself in a good position.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the best careers you can do at Walmart?
The top careers in walmart include Cashier / Front End Associate; Sales Associate; People lead; Fresh Food Associate; And Hourly Supervisor & Training.
- What skills do you need to have as an employee to be a part of Walmart?
You need to have customer service skills, product knowledge, customer service, and organizational management.