In today’s modern world, we are all aware of the word “code.” Computer coding is literally everything from video games to computer software, websites to simple web pages, and you’ll find coding everywhere. A simple answer to how much do coders make and the answer is a lot. See computer coding has changed over the years due to advancements in technology. Hence, coders typically put more effort into writing programs and codes to satisfy the modern world’s needs. How about we break down a little about what coders do and how much money they make.
Who Are Computer Coders And What Coders Do?
A computer coder is basically a computer programmer who writes, designs, tests, and implements computer software and smartphone applications. Also, note different programming jobs require different programming languages. For example, a coder who writes codes for video games would probably use Java, and a programmer who writes codes for mobile applications would use C++. It is important to note that a programmer could only master one language related to his/her interests. However, some jobs require more than one programming language.
Below Find Some Of The Most Common Programming Languages:
- Logic Programming Language
- C++ Language
- C Language
- Pascal Language
- Python Language
- Java Language
- Visual Basic
Code is literally everywhere. Even websites use code. However, coding isn’t as easy as it looks, like when we use Amazon or eBay, we notice how every detail is made precisely from the search bar to the shopping cart and different product sections, and much more. It is important to note that a great deal of programming has been done to make such productive webpages; coding is not a day’s work. It can take weeks or even months to make sure the program is running smoothly are no bugs. Computer Codes follow a sequence to run smoothly like in Amazon, we all follow a sequence like searching for an item, dragging it to the shopping cart, placing an order, and then choosing the payment option. This is not a simple procedure. The coding behind the beautiful webpages is complex and difficult to understand if you’re unfamiliar with codes.
Computer Coding Is Literally A Hectic Job.
Coding requires a great deal of patience to ensure that the program is running without errors. It takes about 4-5 months to write a perfect computer program. Due to the time taken to write these codes, Computer Coders make a lot of Green.
Highest Paying Jobs for Coders:
- IT Security Specialist, average salary per year $106,000: is responsible for the business’s security or an organization. Their main focus is on Cyber Security and the protection of data. The IT security specialist needs to have deep knowledge in Cyber Security and understand how to overcome threats.
- Full Stack Developer, average salary per year $113,000: is responsible for making the visual designs for a website, requiring complex coding. A Full Stack developer may also create mobile apps for the websites they have created. Full Stack Developers need to master a variety of programming languages.
- Cloud Engineer, average salary per year $120,000: Cloud Engineers are responsible for managing their organization’s cloud-based systems. They have to ensure that their organization’s cloud system is up to date and secure.
- Data Scientist, average salary per year $120,000: A Data Scientist is responsible for establishing a software system used to gather important information for a company such as its finance, sales, assets, liabilities, etc. This is done so that the company owners could see if the business is making profit or loss or which sales campaign was successful or not.
- Mobile App Developers average salary per year $125,000: App developers design apps for phones, video games, laptops, etc. They specialize in designing apps either for Android, IOS, or Windows.
- Software Architect’s average salary per year $140,000: their task is to oversee and manage the IT professionals’ team. They make high-level software and improve technical standards to improve a company’s software system.
As we can see that almost every job related to programming and coding is worth a lot of money. Today’s modern world requires many advancements in technology, and software has to be kept up to date with the changing trends to stay with the latest advancements. Computer programmers/coders are vital in this era and are paid hefty sums of money for their services. According to a recent survey in 2019, many students had voted that Computer Sciences and Engineering the best degree because of its early pay career, which is about $90,000 a year.
Hourly Wages That Top Companies Pay To Their Employees:
Working for Microsoft and Google are dreams of many coders and programmers. Let’s see how much does Microsoft pay per hour to their employees (Microsoft 2020):
- Software Engineer $16 per hour.
- Software Test Engineer $13 per hour.
- Senior Software Engineer $19.375 per hour.
- Game Tester $21 per hour.
Salary’s That Google Pays (Google 2020):
- Software Application Developer $15 per hour.
- Software Engineer $13.3 per hour.
- Data Analyst $12.6 per hour.
- Data Scientist $17 per hour.
- Security Engineer $16 per hour.
Salary’s That Amazon Pays (Amazon):
- Cloud Engineer $14 per hour.
- Data Engineer $14 per hour.
- Software Architect $19.5 per hour.
- Java Developer $15 per hour.
On average, coders make more money than other professionals. An important thing to note is that computer coding requires a lot of time, which is one of the main reasons why coders make a lot of money.
Freelancing websites such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com allow coders to offer their services. The wag rate per hour is between $50- $200. However, it’s not typical for every coder to make an insane amount of money. Coding is a complex task and requires a lot of time and patience to master. AA salary coder’s salary depends heavily on the coder’s work experience, what type of language they work with, and their expertise in creating perfect codes without bugs.
Right Now Computer Coders Are The Wealthiest People On The Planet
- Elon Musk
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Bill Gates
- Larry Page
- Larry Ellison
- Markus Persson
- Sergey Brin
- Sundar Pichai
Today nothing is possible without coding and computer programs. Let’s discuss further what makes employers pay coders insane sums of money.
- Experience: experience is essential for every profession. However, coders who possess experience in a particular area and have worked in that field will likely see their pay increase for a number of years.
- Complex Software/Program: the more complex the code, the more money coders will make. Suppose a product must be designed with careful strategy, the latest technology, advanced security measures, and a user-friendly interface. The Coder will indeed be paid in tons due to the time taken.
- Location: is also a factor when it comes to Coder’s wages. A coder’s salary varies greatly from Country to Country, depending on the Coder’s experience and expertise. A fresh Computer Graduate would typically make $ 19 an hour in the UK, whereas senior Coders could make $40 hours. In Germany, Coders are paid on average of $35 an hour, and in the United States, Junior Coders are paid $34 an hour, and senior workers can make about $75 an hour.
Is Coding A Good Career For The Future?
If someone asks me if coding is a great career, then the answer is a BIG YES. By 2030 the entire world is going to change. Everything will become digital. According to Elon Musk, he vows to change the world by 2040 by bringing robots and other high-tech gadgets. Artificial Intelligence will also increase. It is also estimated that there will be a rise in computer coders/programmers due to advancements in technology. Many professions will likely die out.
So for students who are planning to opt for computer sciences at University will have a significant advantage as they will be prepared for the upcoming challenges. It is important to note that to learn to code, it is unnecessary to go to College; you can also learn how to code by watching YouTube videos or taking courses. According to the developer survey, 69% of coders were partially self-taught, whereas 13% completely learned to code by themselves. This trend has been increasing over the years as many students learn to code themselves while starting their own businesses.
- David Carp, a self-taught programmer. He founded Tumblr, which he later sold to Yahoo for $ 1.1 Billion.
- Jan Koum, founder of what Sapp. He, too, learned computer networking all by himself. He later sold Whatsapp to Facebook for $ 16 Billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg founded Facebook while he was still in University.
- Bill Gates founded Microsoft after he dropped out of Harvard.
In short, coders are essential in society and definitely make quite a sum of money per hour depending on their experience and knowledge. A fresh graduate will not make the same amount of money as a senior worker. A coder working in a developed Country will surely make more money than a developing country coder. So, there are a lot of factors that determine a coder’s hourly wages.
Also read Coding Salary: How Much Do Coders Make?