Planet Fitness is an American fitness franchiser with more than 2000 clubs all over the world. Plant fitness is one of the biggest fitness franchise clubs in the world, and as we that many clubs it is usually in constant need of employees. Let us know ‘Planet Fitness Shift Hours’.
Planet Fitness Shift Hours
Planet fitness is a good starting point for people and students with no experience searching for easy money and easy landing jobs. The franchise is usually always recruiting whether it is part-time or full-time. However, many questions arise when one wants to select a job, know about its salary, or shift hours, or how to apply to know the answers to the above read the article below.
Planet Fitness: Job Salaries, and Shift Hours
For a franchise as big as Planet Fitness, employees are always needed on a part-time and full-time basis. Some of the demanding jobs are as follows: –
Skill Requirements – Fitness instructors are employees who engage with club members to realize and reach their goals which may include – gaining or losing weight, preparing for competitions, and many more. Trainers and instructors also motivate in workout activities such as – Cardiovascular Training, Weightlifting, Strength, Stretching, and many more.
Being a fitness instructor or trainer is not an easy job and requires some skills to excel at it such as –
- In-depth Industry knowledge,
- Communication skills,
- leadership skills,
- a flexible attitude,
- ability to motivate others.
Shift hours – As fitness instructors, there are no shift hours. However, for instructors, their demands in the morning and the evening are the highest.
Full-time and part-time Shift hours are similar except full-time employees work for 40 hours a week and part-time 30- 35 hours with flexible timings. Shift hours for planet fitness instructors are –
Full-time – 5 to 10 am, 9 am to 2 pm, 2 to 7 pm, and 5 to 10 pm.
Part-time – 6 to 10 am, 9 am to 1 pm, 10 am to 2 pm, 5 to 9 pm, and so on.
Avg. Salary Full-time – $12 to $20 per hour
Avg. Salary Part-time – N/A
Skill requirement – The club manager’s job is to provide leadership and manage the team including employees such as trainers, front desk associates, and many others working in the club.
To be a top-class Manager one needs high-level skills to complete there are roles and responsibilities such as – managing members’ experience, monitoring the smooth functioning of daily activities, and organizing and monitoring marketing, accounting, and finances.
And as important as a store/club manager’s job is – It requires some important skills to be able to effectively complete the tasks let alone excel. Some of those skills are: – multitasking, excellent communication skills, leadership, teamwork, decision-making, a good grip on finance and accounting, managing, organizing, and monitoring skills.
Shift hours – The store managers’ job is not only important but sometimes also hectic as they are expected to work 6 to 10 hours a day sometimes on vacations too. The average store manager works 50 hours a week with almost no extra compensation.
However, they do get bonuses and additional on several occasions. There are no shift hours for a manager as they might stay during the entire day.
Avg. Salary: $40,500 to $60,000 per annum.
Front Desk Associate
Skill Requirements – There are few skills required for Front Desk associates as they are expected to greet, welcome, and maintain good relations with old members and also handle sales payments, and persuade others to join by showcasing low-cost membership benefits.
A Desk associate’s job also includes -taking calls, and emails, and coordinating office activities. Front Desk carries a considerable number of responsibilities and to efficiently complete them there are some skills required. Such as: –
- Friendly Attitude
- Attentive to details
- Soft Spoken and excellent communication skills.
- In-depth company knowledge.
Shift Hours – With an average of 30 to 45 hours a week. There are several shifts for front desk associates, as a full-time employee works for 5 to 6 hours a day and a part-time for around 4 to 6 hours, and employees should have flexible hours as the front desk should always have an employee.
Front desk associates on several occasions are required to work on weekends.
Avg. Salary full-time – $14.50 to $18 per hour
Avg. Salary Part-time – $12.60 to $ 15 per hour.
Skill requirements – The Marketing Manager’s job is to maintain, plan, and execute marketing plans and work as a DMA expert. Deep knowledge of the brand and local competition and market to report plan and utilize tools to compete and to be able to do all these jobs particular skill set is required.
Not only these but responsibilities like – Monitoring campaigns and plans, executing and scheduling promotional calendars, managing campaigns, and digital channels, and coordinating with public relations (PR) teams to provide, promote, and track information about Planet Fitness.
To be efficient at being a marketing manager, there are some skills required to work efficiently as a marketing manager. Such as –
- Excellent Communication
- Market Research
- Analytic Skills
- Managing and organizing skills
Shift hours – Marketing manager is a full-time job with works from 40 hours to 50 hours a week around 6 to 9 hours a day depending on the project. There are several shifts for marketing managers which may include night shifts and like other jobs marketing managers do not have flexible working hours.
9 am to 6 pm is the usual shift hours however, it can change, and overtime may be required including the night shift according to projects or workload.
Avg. Salary (basic pay) – $68,000 per annum
Additional pay – $12,000 to $15,000
Total pay – 85,500 per annum.
Hiring process and Benefits at Planet Fitness
Working at planet fitness part-time or full-time can be hectic and fun as well. Either way, it is a good place to head start a career and gain experience. And working with a fitness club franchise comes with its benefits such as: –
- Paid holidays
- Gym/health membership
- 401(K) Retirement
- Flexible schedules for all part-time and some full-time
- Life insurance
- Health insurance including – disability, dental, and vision.
- Paid leaves including – maternity leave
- Fun and Casual Atmosphere, and so on.
Many might think that benefits, a nice salary, and a popular franchise such as Planet fitness must be hard to get into. However, the Hiring process for Planet fitness is easy as it is a basic 3 to 4-step process including: –
- Application – In this phase, the only thing you do is fill out the application available on the website and submit it with your resume in person or via email and wait for a reply.
- Call back – This is the second and most important phase if your application is selected then you are contacted by the store/club manager via call or email and asked to schedule an in-person interview at the local branch.
- Interview – The most important phase is the interview, after getting a call-back and scheduling an interview. It is time to prepare for the interview, below are some questions asked in an interview: –
- Have you ever worked at a gym before?
- How will you handle a situation – An angry customer comes into the store start shouting and does not listen.
- Do you have a gym membership with us or a competitor?
- Why do you want to join Planet Fitness?
- Background Check – After an interview, the hard part is over and just one step remains and that is a background check. Usually in background checks company checks if you are or were into substance abuse, theft, criminal background, and so on and this takes a week or two. After the background check, you are hired, and your training starts according to requirements.