Day shift hours refer to the hours of the initial shift starting typically from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The time may vary according to different jobs but, one thing is constant in day shift hours. That is the job or the work is done, in the daylight. This shift is found in all the organizations and companies around the world and is the most preferred one when it comes to efficiency. Let us know more abut that the Day Shift Hours-Know More.
Day shift hours are the first preference of many people around the world. It is basically due to their suitability and environment. So if you have just started looking for a job then you can not miss reading this article about day shift hours.
This article will talk in detail about the benefits, limitations, and some other related things with day shift hours
Benefits of working in day shift hours
1. Good sleep schedule– A person working on the day shift has a better sleep schedule than the person working in any other shift. The body feels well-rested and there is new energy inside in the mornings which is not found in other hours.
2. Efficient work– When you are well-rested and full of energy, the works you do are quick and efficient. The adrenaline in your veins will push you through the day real quick.
3. More support– Since most of the important faces of the company work in day shift hours, you get more support and get to learn more than any other person in other shifts.
4. Easy availability of food– If you love food but do not know how to cook then you will surely go out in your lunch break. Your food search will be super easy during day shift hours as all the cafes, bakeries, and outlets are open.
5. Safe environment– Everyone knows that working in day shift is far better than working in second or third shift hours due to safety reasons. You can easily look for help in the daytime rather than in the afternoon or night.
6. Health– The people working day shift hours tend to develop fewer diseases and issues in the body. The reason behind this is the work-life balance and good sleep which is only available in day shift hours.
Limitations of working in day shift hours
1. Busy and hectic– The day shift hours at any job are busier than ever as people keep coming in and going out every minute. The work can be so hectic at times that it makes people go crazy.
2. Traffic and busy roads– Since most of the people prefer working in day shift hours, the time of opening and closing of offices clash. You will find jammed roads in the mornings and even in the evenings.
3. Less pay– The pay is slightly less than that paid to the other shifts. It is due to the lack of availability of employees and the odd working hours that they are paid more.
4. Missing out on family time– Sometimes the work can make you so tired that you just want to go to sleep once you are at home. This can make you irritated and behave abnormally to your family.
5. More drama– There is a lot of drama in day shift hours. Different people are working with each other with different interests and clashes are common in them. So if you are working in day shift hours, you can never go a day without a little bit of office drama.
Which jobs have day shift hours?
There are many jobs having day shift hours or we can say that almost all the jobs have day shift. It is because the organizations usually start working in the mornings and due to this availability of employees is important in the day time.
Some of the jobs having day shift hours are
- Nurses– Nurses are very important for a hospital and due to that reason their work is never-ending. The shift times of nurses are different. They can work either 8 hours shift or a 12 hours shift but a day shift is common everywhere. Once the day shift ends, other nurses start their shifts.
- Accountants– The typical shift of an accountant is the day shift. This type of job usually does not have any other shift as the work can be done easily on the day shift. Further, no one requires accounts at the night.
- Firemen– The job of a fireman is crucial and thus it is divided into shifts. The shift may be different as they usually follow – 24 hours work and 48 hours off or a 12 hours shift.
- Customer care– Customer care jobs are the most hectic in days as complaints after complaints keep coming. Thus companies have a larger number of employees in day shift hours to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Managers– A manager’s life is already hectic but they also love working in this shift. It leaves them with plenty of time to do other things in the evenings. Since the employees keep changing, the managers also keep changing with different shifts.
Is it better to work the day shift than any other shift?
- The answer will be surely ‘YES’ if you are not putting your other important works at stopping for a day shift job. It also means that you are not bunking your classes just to fit in with society. Yes, there are benefits of working day shift hours but the same shift is not meant for everyone.
- If you think you can work better under less pressure with fewer people running around, choose the 2nd or 3rd shift. But if you think you perform better under pressure and also want to impress the management quicker then choose the day shift hours without a second thought.
- But if you are looking for safety with your job then the day shift hours are the best without any doubt as nighttime is not safe for anyone today.
- If you are a health freak and have a fixed timetable that you follow then again day shift hours are the best for you. And it is the best shift for a family man. You can spend quality time with your family and friends in the evenings and run to the grocery store to shop for the necessities.
- In case you are still thinking about this, then here is a little review of the benefits and limitations of working in day shift hours.
1. Good sleep schedule
2. Efficient work
3. More support
4. Easy availability of food
5. Safe environment
1. Hectic days
2. Traffic and busy roads
3. Less pay
4. Tiredness and missing out
5. More drama
How is the day shift for people?
- This shift is suitable for people who love communicating and working under pressure. It is specially made for you if you want to grow daily and make good ties with the management.
- According to the reviews, people find day shift hours the best. People with families love this shift as it leaves them around 4-5 p.m. and then they can spend quality time at their homes. This shift also gives people the chance to stay fit and maintain the body cycle.
- But many people find this shift difficult due to the pressure of work after work coming to your desk. They feel that their day turns worse like this. Some people also think that there is less liberty in this shift and you have to follow each and every order of your superior. This makes the job plain and boring as you can not take any decision on your own.
- But in the end, more people like the day shift hours and state that this is their preferred working time. The benefits of working this shift overshadow and overpower its limitations.
The day shift hours are loved by most people, especially women who find their safety at risk. Most people feel to reach home before it is dark, talk with family and friends, and sleep at times to maintain their work-life balance.
This shift is also your best choice if you have no other works at that time considering the benefits of it. You can read some more about day shift hours and decide the best option for yourself.
Some faqs about day shift hours
- Are day shift hours difficult than the other shift hours?
Ans- Yes, the day shift hours are slightly difficult than the other shifts. The footfall at offices is more in the mornings.
- Is day shift in customer care easy?
Ans- It depends on the way you work under pressure since you will be getting a lot of calls.
- Does the day shift let you maintain a work-life balance?
Ans- Yes, the day shift will really let you maintain the work-life balance and it is very important to have good mental health.
- Are day shift hours of nurses difficult?
Ans- Yes, mostly. It is because there are only a few patients at night while in the daytime, the hospitals and clinics are filled with patients.