Here we are to see what is Chick Fil A and its Shift Hours.
About Chick Fil A
Chick Fil A is an American fast-food restaurant chain. It has over 2600 restaurants all around the country. With its rising popularity, it has locations in airports, college campuses, malls, and many more commercial places. Chick Fil A has locations in 47 states in the US. It is the largest fast-food chain in the country and is known for its main specialty, the chicken sandwich.
It was founded on May 23, 1946. Over the years, it has gained so much attention as its revenue stands at 1050 crores USD per year. They became so well known for their grilled chicken sandwich. It had such a homely taste to it and attracted lots of customers. Soon enough, the company patented the recipe to make it their own.
Chick Fil A Work Environment
Other than their widely famous chicken sandwiches, Chick Fil A is also known for its friendly customer service. They love serving their customers and create a welcoming environment for everyone including the employees. Here are some reasons why you should work at Chick Fil A:
- Leadership: Chick Fil A is a great place to gain fast food experience and it also allows you to polish your leadership skills. There are special training programs for various job positions. Employees are familiarized with various skills and procedures.
- College Scholarship: Employees earn up to $25,000 in college scholarships that cover tuition fees and educational benefits. They also provide tuition discounts to various employees. This started in 1973 and as of today, over 36,000 employees have earned college scholarships.
- Sundays are off: The restaurants are always closed on Sundays. This gives employees a chance to take a break and spend time outside of work. This practice was developed by the founder as he kept employees’ interests at heart.
- The meals: Chick Fil A is known for its delicious food and offers only the best. They make sure to meet the top quality. Employees are also offered free meals during their shifts. This motivates them to work in such a busy environment.
- Employee Relationships: The staff and management have such a good dynamic between themselves. The work environment is friendly and comfortable. It makes them want to mingle and create connections.
- Employment opportunities: Chick Fil A is a great place to grow in the fast-food business. You will have the opportunity to climb up the ladder and also be prepared for the retail world out there.
Employees Pay and Benefits
A typical team member at Chick Fil A welcomes customers and prepares the food for them. Their main duties include greeting customers, taking orders, catering to anything the customer needs in the restaurant premises. In the kitchen, they make and assemble sandwiches and prepare orders. Some additional duties they do are delivering orders, tending to the drive-thru window, and cleaning restaurant premises. This is all done while adhering to all the professional and hygiene rules.
Entry-level employees like cashiers and team members earn up to $9 per hour. Managers and Team Leaders earn up to $14 per hour. The Marketing Director earns up to $16 an hour. The Director of Operations earns up to $18 per hour. The average pay stands at $13 an hour.
Another interesting task employees look forward to is being the mascot. Interested employees sign up to wear the outfit and publicize the restaurants. They find this job to be a distraction from their primary job activities.
Jobs inside the kitchen are separated into stations. First comes the ‘Breader’ who prepares the bread for the sandwiches with the butter, then comes the grill, employees also handle the fryer to make their fries and also the lemonade stand.
Shift Work Hours
The restaurant operates from 6 am to 10 pm. Typical shifts can last from 8 to 10 hours. Morning shifts range from 6 am to 2:30 pm. Evening shifts range from 7 pm to 7 am. The minimum work hours are 40 hours a week for full-time employees. Part-time employees work for 27 to 32 hours a week. Team members are offered certain flexibility in their work hours. Most customers visit from 11 am to 2 pm so employees are the busiest at the time. Noon is when the restaurants get most of their business.
Employees’ work hours are monitored depending on when they clock in and clock out of restaurants. The company is very strict about work hours. They don’t expect you to work overtime and you shouldn’t work short of time as well.
Chick Fil A offers an overall comfortable experience to both customers and employees. Customers receive great customer service, quality food, and timely orders. Employees are provided with all the benefits they deserve and work their best to meet the expectations.