The world is so vast and there can be people who have a keen interest in the field of sports but don’t want to compete in the competitions for various reasons. but they want to take this sports thing seriously in their life. What if we tell you that there is a way? You can make a career as a sports physical therapist and earn a good amount too. Yes, this is possible. Do you want to know the role and duties of a sports physical therapist and the salary bracket? Then, here we go. Let us know more detail about ‘Salaries For Sports Physical Therapist’.
Salaries For Sports Physical Therapist
The sports physical therapist can earn a very good amount per annum. The salary for the post of sports physical therapist starts from $25,912. The highest salary that a sports physical therapist can get is $680,871. The average amount of salary that a sports physical therapist can get is about $78,738. The granting of salary also depends on numerous factors which keep on changing.
Who is a sports physical therapist?
Do you wonder who is a sports physical therapist? Don’t worry we will tell you this in brief. A sports physical therapist is a medical person who has his license and professionally helps the sports person post matches concerning their injuries. They are the sports therapists who help the sports person in retaining and giving them therapy about any kind of injuries faced by them. They help you to kick out your injuries and play the sport and the matches again with more strength and bring back more energy in you by treating your injuries.
Role and duties of a sports physical therapist
Being a sports physical therapist is not an easy task, you will have to perform numerous tasks that require high mental energy of yours. Once a case is brought up to you, you will have to help them to the very core by treating them the best. This is one profession that needs utmost care in handling its clients. So, before diving deep into the salary information you should surely know about the roles and duties that you need to perform. Some roles and duties are:
- Evaluating the case: The primary role of the sports physical therapist is to evaluate the case presented to you. This is your duty to analyze the matter and identify the injuries of the patient. You will need to check the kind of injury, how it has affected the client, and related things.
- Identify the patient’s situation: The other duty of a sports physical therapist is to identify the situation of the patient. You will have to check whether any previous injuries could have led to this one. You will also have to check how long it will take him to recover.
- Plan exercise routines: The role of the sports physical therapist is to make the exercise plans so that they can help the sportsperson to heal. You will also have to make plans according to the need. Manage to make the plan that suits best for a speedy recovery.
- Medical rehabilitation: Providing medical rehab to the client is one of the other duties of a sports physical therapist. You will have to use different tools for this. One of the tools is a goniometer for measuring joint ankles.
- Encouragement and motivation: The job of a sports physical therapist requires you to encourage and motivate your client in a positive manner which leads to speedy recoveries.
Salaries for sports physical therapist
The salary for a sports physical therapist depends on various factors. It is among the highest-paying job profiles in the United States. You can get plenty of dollars by working as a sports physical therapist. The factors that tend to affect the salary bracket are location, skills, specialization, certification, etc. some of the salary details for the post of sports physical therapist are listed under:
- The salary for the post of sports physical therapist starts from $25,912 in some states and in other states, it starts from $72,550.
- The median amount of salary that one as a sports physical therapist will get is about $78,778 compared to the salary bracket of other different states.
- The bracket of 10% of the sports physical therapist gets the lowest average amount of about $72,448.
- The bracket of 25% of the sports physical therapist gets the lowest average amount of about $75,228.
- The bracket of 50% of the sports physical therapist gets the lowest average amount of about $84,569.
- The bracket of 75% of the sports physical therapist gets the lowest average amount of about $91,375.
- The bracket of 90% of the sports physical therapist gets the lowest average amount of about $97,570.
- It is reportable news that there will be an 18% hike in the position of sports physical therapist in upcoming years.
- The pay for the post of sports physical therapist is low in cities like Chicago, TX, Dallas, New York, etc.
Salaries for sports physical therapists in various cities of the United States
The salary bracket for the post of sports physical therapist will also vary according to the location. If you move to some state or city having the prominence of opportunity in this field then, you will surely make a big amount. We are providing a list of cities giving an average amount for the post of sports physical therapist.
- Henderson – $123,247
- Las Vegas – $86,135
- Virginia Beach – $122,094
- Madison – $83,993
- Saint Petersburg – $90,232
- Gilbert – $93,402
- Long beach – $86,679
- Baton Rouge – $88,201
- San Diego – $44,260
- San Francisco – $115,015
By all the details provided above it’s very evident that making a career as a sports physical therapist is a win-win deal. You can get the highest amount in San Francisco and Henderson. There is a long list of cities provided where you can find the best-suited city for you. With the help of this job role, you can inculcate many skills which will help you in becoming the best sports physical therapist. This will eventually lead to gaining more dollars in your account as a sports physical therapist.