Senior talent acquisition specialists are tasked with finding ways to hire talent for the company, which means conducting interviews, assessments, shortlisting, etc. of the potential employees who would contribute to the overall success. let us know about that the Salaries for Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist.
The salaries are set according to their skills and certifications. On average, a senior expert for recruitment makes about 69,315 USD. This amount varies according to the states and their policies. The amount of total salary can begin from 48,000 USD and rise to even 100,000 USD per year. This, of course, is reliant on the company and municipality they work in, along with the scope of their work. The bonus on the average salary is 8,000 USD and which does not take more than a year to get. Moreover, those experts for hiring and making the most are based in New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Texas.
The salaries of senior talent-hiring experts per year on a spectrum (in terms of percentile) are listed below:
- The bottom 10th percentile makes about 48,000 USD.
- Those in the 25th percentile make about 57,000 USD.
- Those lying in the 75th percentile make about 69,315 USD.
- The top 90th percentile leasing agents make about 100,000 USD.
Factors that have an impact on salaries
The paycheck of the senior hiring expert depends on several elements such as:
- Work experience
- Past performance assessment training experience
- The company they work for
- Certifications they hold
Salaries in different states
Yearly wages of those recruiters who have reached seniority total up to differing amounts when several states/regions are compared. Below is the list of some of the states showing different salaries:
- 90,484 USD in New York
- 84,447 USD in Massachusetts
- 71,745 USD in Alabama
- 79,456 USD in Texas
- 89,832 USD in the District of Columbia
The above-mentioned states give out the highest salaries than other states. Some of the others on a lower scale are mentioned below:
- 72,538 USD in Georgia
- 69,883 USD in Vermont
- 65,040 USD in South Carolina
- 62,692 USD in Michigan
- 59,144 USD in Wisconsin
- 56,946 USD in Arizona
- 54,891 USD in Indiana
- 48,211 USD in Montana
Salaries in different cities
Like there exists a difference in the population of cities, there are different needs to hire talent, and the size of the overall talent pool varies.
The average figures for several cities are listed as follows:
- 90,484 USD in New York
- 84,434 USD in Boston
- 79,943 USD in Houston
- 76,270 USD in Richmond
- 75.989 USD in Chicago
- 72,486 USD in Atlanta
Salaries by Sector/Industry
The skill set and networks of senior hiring experts differ in several sectors of the industry, due to the nature of the job. Which then determines their salaries.
Some of the most renowned industries are below, along with the average pay scale:
- The finance sector with an average salary of 74,599 USD
- The manufacturing industry pays an average salary of 71,175 USD
- The insurance industry with an average salary of 70,438 USD
- The healthcare industry with an average salary of 64,264 USD
- The media industry with an average salary of 62,171 USD
Senior hiring experts monitor the work of their subordinates, who give the green signal to the hiring of potential employees. However, their seniority mandates their involvement in duties like:
- Understand what the departments in the company need in terms of the employee
- Communicate their needs to the hiring committee
- Formulate a criterion for which the employee would be hired
- Propose how the committee can gather a large pool of talent from the market, by using social networks, websites, job posters, etc.
- Screen the potential recruits from the lot based on the needs of the company
- Cater in the interviews, propose questions specific to the needs
- Ensuring the team is taking care of all the documentation
- Cater the company in forecasts for their future hiring needs
Being a hiring expert at a senior level is an intense task, which includes managing an entire team to reach certain important goals, it requires a specific skill set to be able to handle it.
This is important since communicating the information with clarity from top managers to bottom team members and vice-versa, is the key to positively concluding the hiring.
Leadership abilities are what make them have influence.
Completing the acquisition in a set time constraint requires punctuality
In the scenario where anything goes wrong regarding the team members, skills to resolve these problems are a must.
All projects include smaller sub-goals and major goals, that are to be handled simultaneously. Thus, organizing skills are important and help prioritize goals.
Certifications for Career Advancement
One of the reasons why salary packages for talent-acquiring experts even at a senior level differ is due to what certifications they hold. This can have a huge impact on bumping up their salary.
They have access to the following certifications, that set them apart from others in the competitive industry:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification; ensures the knowledge side of the employee to the company.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), getting a membership in SHRM and then achieving the certificate mastering in human resources strategy.
- An MBA (master’s in Human Resources) has a considerable effect on the career path. A 2-year degree can be sought from any university.
Joining a company in the human resource department as a trainee and then making it up the hierarchy to a senior hiring expert is a strenuous task that requires hard work. The best strategy to upscale salaries is to get as many certifications in this field as possible, which builds credibility and a sure-shot proof of the actual skill of hiring.
- What are some other certifications in the recruiter industry?
- Certified Professional in Performance
- Senior Professional in Human Resource
- Professional Recruiter Certification
- What is the requirement to enter the hiring industry?
A bachelor’s degree in the field of human resources is preferred, along with some experience with a company in hiring. An extra advantage is given to those with a master’s in human resources.