There are several salaried jobs at Dollar General. We will tell you how much does Dollar General pay here. Salaries vary from an average of $ 8.60 per hour to $ 167,428 per year for the company’s employees. They have a variety of jobs and one of them is sure to fit your role in Dollar General.
How much does Dollar General pay? – By Departments
From here on, I’ll elaborate on the salaries that Dollar General provides to its employees of various departments:
- Starting with the Management department, there are roles from Shift Manager who is paid $ 9.76 per hour to Director of Operation who is paid $ 173,429 per year.
- In the department of Loading and Stocking, Stocker is paid lowest at $ 9.24 per hour while Warehouse Supervisor is paid $ 73,407 per year.
- Drivers are paid somewhere between $ 77,500 per year to $ 80,000 per year.
- General Workers are paid $ 16.68 per hour.
- An analyst is paid $ 66,250 per year.
- In Software Development Department, employees are paid between $ 106,000 per year and $ 136,000 per year.
- Employees who provide Administrative Assistance are paid between $ 35,000 per year and $ 40,000 per year approx.
- Loss Prevention Manager is paid around $ 75,000 per year.
- Human Resource Department pays its employees in the range of $ 45,000 per year to $ 160,000 per year.
- Employees in the Accounts Department get paid between $ 34,500 per year and $ 50,000 per year.
- The Procurement Manager is paid around $ 88,000 per year.
- Lease Administrator who assists in Real Estate is paid $ 28.20 per hour.
- For Logistic Support, Supply Chain Manager is paid around $ 90,000 per year.
- Marketing Manager and Industrial Engineer are respectively paid $ 107,100 per year and $ 85,600 per year approx.
- The Maintenance Person is paid $ 18.20 per hour.
- If you don’t find yourself suitable in any of the above departments, they also take in Interns at a pay of $ 14 per hour.
These are all the salaried departments of Dollar General, to the best of my knowledge.
What is Dollar General?
Dollar General is a chain of neighborhood General stores from the United States of America. They provide everything people need in their homes in one place, which saves a lot of time and struggle of going from one store struggles to get some items. Theyanotheride items include food, snacks, health and beauty products, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares, seasonal items, paper products, and much more from America’s most trusted brands at the lowest price possible with several discounts.
It was founded in 1939 with the motive to serve others as much as possible which is why they don’t just serve the public with necessities and employees with careers, they also serve in the department of literacy and education. They have more than 17,000 general stories in 46 states of America, which means they serve a huge population of American Citizens. This also means that they have a large base for employees to grow and develop their careers through the opportunities they have. The popular brands you might find while walking through a Dollar General Store are Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestlé, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg’s, General Mills, and PepsiCo. They also have private brands which might be cheaper compared to popular brands like Clover Valley®, Good & Smart®, true living®, DG Home®, Gentle Steps®, Studio Selection™, DG Health®, DG Office®, Comfort Bay®, Bobbie Brooks®, Smart and Simple® and more.
What is the Employee Benefits at Dollar General?
If you are looking to work at a place as an employee, you will be curious about what all you will get in addition to your regular stipend or salary.
Dollar General has a great employee benefits package that covers 10 major sections along with several subsections. They are listed below:
- Insurance: They cover up to 3 categories of insurance for employee benefits which are Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Leave: They take into consideration Family leave, Parental leave, and Paid time off but they are strict about the periods of leave of their employees.
- Flexibility at Work: There are 2 categories under this section which are work from home and Flexibility in schedule.
- Childcare: They have a daycare facility for the children of their employees although the hours are very limited and unpredictable. They do not have night care facilities.
- Health and Wellness: They provide their employees with on-site gym and gym membership as well. If an employee wants to get off the gym membership, that is allowed too.
- Financial Bonuses: This is one of the major categories. It consists of 6 sub-sections which are Holiday Bonus, Employee Discounts, Monthly Bonus, Yearly Bonus, Stock Options, and Quarterly Bonus.
- Reimbursements: They consider tuition reimbursement under this section but it comes which a low payment option.
- Retirement: They go by the 401k plan for retirement which only a selected employees get the retirement benefit who fall under the pre-set criteria.
- Meals: They provide 1 meal to their employees which is free and snacks on some days.
- Uncategorized Benefits: There is one subsection that falls under this category and that is the employee mentoring program. Training and Development are very important to reach a certain position and that is provided to Dollar General Employees for free.
Why makes Dollar General stand out for you to join them?
Dollar General Believes in investing in its employees and has a very enriching environment. They don’t only provide several benefits to their employees but they also work with the motive of serving others is they believe in training their employees and helping them develop their personality and intellect so that their employees can dream higher and achieve their dreams as well.
They also have a Diverse Community and thrive on building it better each day. They believe in inclusion and diversity and that everyone should be respected equally everywhere. They work with the idea that they have to serve everyone everywhere, irrespective of the place or race. They have over 17,000 stores, and new stores keep opening, which implies that they open every day with every new store. Not just that, they have 5 major career categories; Corporate Careers, Fleet, Store Careers, Distribution Center Careers and Sales Careers; and new positions keep opening every day in each category. They also have Dollar General University, a program that offers the best discounts in tuition charges to their employees. They started the program in alliance with only 9 universities which have now increased up to 220 universities. So now every employee, regardless of full-time or part-time, can get this benefit.
After everything that is being said here, you can easily understand why Dollar General is. It pays well which takes away all the financial worries and provides its employees with benefits that are hard to find at any place else.
They consider their employees just as much as their customers or clients and work to benefit everyone around them. A place like that shall seem like a dream to work in because the experience of everyone around them matters to them equally.