Regal Rexnord Corporation usually referred to as Regal Renxfored is the largest manufacturer of electric motors and power transmission or power generation that are used for commercial purposes in industry or factories. Its headquarter is located in Beloit, Wisconsin and its primary subsidiaries are Century, Durst, Fasco, Genteq, Marathon Electric, and Mastergear Worldwide. Let us know How Long Is Orientation At Regal?
Meaning of orientation and its benefit
Orientation is the process of introducing new employees to their various roles and responsibility at their job, with co-workers, and workplace Orientation training should be small and apt so that an employee does not lose interest in training. The effective orientation training process can help newcomers to perform their roles at duty well and also feel comfortable in their surroundings. An organization should be well prepared for the first day of orientation, it must include fun and games with colleagues of newcomers. It should be consistent and a company should keep it short as much as it can possible because an employee is filled with joy and enthusiasm a few days after joining, they learn everything more efficiently and effectively. It will be beneficial for both organizations as well as new employees as it will increase the level of motivation in employees which will ultimately lead to an increase in the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization. It communicates the purpose of the organization to its employees and stakeholders, to make a strategy development so that an organization could fulfill its goals & objectives with a little ease, to develop measurable goals which to gauge the success of an organization. It communicates the purpose of an organization and provides insight to a company which helps to fulfill desired results in future
How long orientation lasts at regal?
They do not adopt the orientation model which lasts for a long time rather it believe that orientation should last for a short span as employees are energetic and active during their starting days of the job. If orientation may last for long many employees will start losing their enthusiasm towards it.
Therefore, their orientation basically lasts for 3-4 hours
- In the first hour of the orientation, they were made aware of the important policies of the company Communicate the purpose of the organization to its employees and stakeholders.
- To make a strategy development so that an organization could fulfill its goals & objectives with a little ease.
- To develop measurable goals which to gauge the success of an organization.
- It communicates the purpose of an organization and provides insight to a company which helps to fulfill desired results in future
- So that they cannot do what they are not supposed to do and vice versa. It is essential for newcomers to all the policies being followed by the company before joining it and to adopt them from the very first day after joining
- And at further two hours, all documents should be collected and verified, all funds should be appropriately placed and their allowances should be fixed, remuneration is already decided but basic allowances like house rent and others should be decided according to laws of labor welfare and income tax acts. All safety measures and all other important measures which is a necessity for newcomers to be aware of should be made understood in brief
- And at the last hours, all their doubts if any related to the organization are made clear to them and thereafter, they are supposed to perform their duty
Some senior position needs more time to make understand their roles and responsibility about the job; they are given a special type of on-the-job training as senior posts hold higher responsibility.
- The limited information is provided to the new employees and neglects much such information which is essential for the organization structure.
- It may create much chaos among the employees in the organization
- To provide full fledge information to the employees it is essential to organize at least 2-3 days of orientation, four hours of orientation is not a good idea.
There are some drawbacks but short orientation also provides benefits to Regal Company
1. It is a costly and time-consuming process, sometimes all other essential matters are kept ignored due to orientation. Also can lead to a decrease in the production of the company due to the distribution interest of other employees in organizing orientation. Therefore, regal prefers it to keep short in order to avoid these problems.
2. It is a repeated process, for every newcomer’s orientation has to prepare which can prove to be a waste or resources and can lead to failure in achieving the targets of the company. So, it is good not to waste time and resources on the orientation training
Procedure for hiring in regal
You can apply for a job by visiting their official websites or can directly visit their office if any vacancies are available after that you can apply for their job and can fill necessary information needed and can submit your circular vitae. After you apply for the position you will receive a call after the screening of your application. They use various methods of screening that are phone calls, group interviews, panel interviews, and 1:1 interviews. If you fulfill their basic requirements and satisfy them you will be called for a final interview where your aptitude, intelligence, proficiency, interest, and personality test will be held. If you satisfy them and clear their all tests, they will give you an offer letter of joining.
- What are the advantages of orientation?
- This helps in providing more accurate and appropriate knowledge about the organization which helps an employee to increase their comfort level with their colleagues.
- It helps the new employee adapt faster to the job.
- It helps in improving the retention of employees and increasing their effectiveness
- Orientation helps in increasing workforce productivity which will ultimately lead to an increase in the possibility of achieving targets on the time.
- What other benefits are given to employees by Regal?
They are given both monetary and nonmonetary incentives. They are provided with healthcare benefits in case of ailment and paid vocational for recreational of their employees so that they can perform better at their job. Lastly, they are also benefitted from retirement plans that are provident funds, and gratuity funds. They are given extended healthcare & savings and sick days.
They give these all benefits and incentives to their employees which adds an advantage to the organization and many employees are attracted to it . Also, it holds high ratings and good reviews on social media sites.