Becoming a model is a very influential as well as radiant job nowadays. The job of a model is not only picturesque but also a very hard one to secure. Shein is a fast-fashion e-commerce company that was founded in China in 2008. If you want to be a model for Shein, this article is just the right one for you. We’ll discuss the requirements to become a model, the selection process, and also how you should build your portfolio to get selected.
Can I Be A Model For Shein?
Shein is a fast-fashion brand that prominently markets its products online, so it looks for models with active social media accounts and a sizable following. Shein also has certain physical requirements for the recruitment of models. It looks for models between heights 5’6’’ to 5’10’’, and dress sizes between 2 to 8. They also prefer models with clear skin, toned physiques, and healthy hair. Another important aspect is experience level. Shein occasionally hires newcomers but prefers experienced ones. If you meet the requirements, you can either directly contact the company through their website or email, or you can connect with an agency that has contacts in Shein, and they can help you get hired.
Getting hired is a very subjective matter though, if you are fit and confident, you are very likely to please the hiring manager. Confidence is a very important factor in your getting selected. The company will go through your social media accounts if you fit their physical requirements, so it’s essential for you to be very alluring and active on social media.
Requirements for being a model for Shein:
- Height and Body Measurements: Shein typically looks for models who are between 5’6″ and 5’10” tall, with a dress size between 2 and 8. They prefer models who have lean, toned, and healthy bodies. However, Shein does occasionally work with models of all sizes and shapes to showcase their diverse range of clothing options.
- Physical Appearance: Shein models are expected to have a physically attractive appearance with clear skin, healthy hair, and a well-groomed appearance. They should have a photogenic look, exude confidence, and possess a unique appearance that sets them apart from other models.
- Experience: While Shein occasionally works with new models, they generally prefer to work with models who have some experience in the industry. This means that if you’re just starting out, you may want to focus on building your portfolio and gaining experience before approaching Shein.
- Social Media Presence: Shein is a primarily online brand that relies heavily on social media and influencer marketing to promote its products. Therefore, having a strong social media presence and a sizable following is a crucial requirement for becoming a Shein model.
- Professionalism and Flexibility: Shein models are expected to be professional, reliable, and flexible in their schedules. They should be able to work with a variety of photographers and creative teams and be comfortable adapting to different styles and fashion trends.
The selection process for Shein models:
The selection process for becoming a Shein model typically involves several steps, which may include:
- The first step is to apply through the Shein website or social media channels, providing basic information about yourself, including your height, weight, measurements, and social media handles.
- Once your application is received, it will be reviewed and evaluated by the Shein team. They will consider your physical appearance, social media presence, and overall fit with the brand’s aesthetic and values.
- If your application meets their criteria, you may be invited to attend a casting call, where you will have the opportunity to meet with the Shein team in person. During the casting call, you may be asked to try on clothing, pose for photos, and answer questions about your experience and interests.
- If you are selected to become a Shein model, you will enter into contract negotiations with the company. This may involve discussing your compensation, scheduling, and other terms of your work as a Shein model.
- Once you have signed a contract, you will begin working with the Shein team on various projects, including photoshoots, promotions, and other marketing campaigns. As a Shein model, you may be asked to model clothing, create content for social media, and attend events on behalf of the brand.
If you have a connection at Shein, such as a friend or family member who works there, you may have a higher chance of getting hired as a model. Here are some steps you can take to increase your chances:
- Let your connection know that you are interested in becoming a Shein model and ask if they can provide any advice or help with your application.
- Follow the standard application process and mention your connection in your application. This can help you stand out from other applicants.
- If you are invited to a casting call, make sure to mention your connection and express your appreciation for their help in getting you this opportunity.
- During the casting call, focus on showcasing your skills, personality, and fit with the brand. Your connection may have helped you get in the door, but ultimately, it’s up to you to impress the Shein team and prove that you are a good fit for the brand.
In conclusion, if you want to be a model for Shein, you need to showcase your comeliness on social media. You must meet the physical requirements, and also have a well-toned body, clear skin, and healthy hair. You should highly focus on displaying your confidence as it is the most important thing that can get you hired. You can apply through their website or social media channels. You can also mention if you have a referral, that may help your resume stand out. If you get hired, make sure to wholeheartedly work hard, and satisfy the company with your skills. This may help you get hired for bigger projects at Shein later on.
- How much does Shein pay its models?
The exact amount that Shein pays its models can vary depending on a variety of factors, such as the type of project, the model’s experience and popularity, and the duration of the contract. However, according to some sources, Shein models can earn anywhere from $30 to $300 per hour, with some of the top models and influencers earning even more.