“High achievers” and “top performers” are the terms used to describe high performers. They are the staff members who go above and beyond, taking on additional work and leadership responsibilities. Let us know about the ‘6-Morning Habits Of High Performers’.
Characteristics of a high achiever
They always approach their work with a growth mentality, which yields exceptional performance from the personnel. Not only that, but they take the initiative and concentrate on enhancing their routine and behavior at work so that everyone around them can profit from their action.
High achievers are considerate team members who can be relied upon by their co-workers.
To remain competitive, every organization is now working to recruit and retain top performers. The McKinsey analysis found that elite performers are astonishingly 800% more productive than the average workers in the fields like management and software development.
High achievers have the following six-morning routines
- Consistent and productive schedule.
- Quality sleep.
- Wake up early.
- Meditation and affirmation.
- Healthy breakfast.
Consistent and productive daily schedule
- Establishing regular morning rituals boosts happiness, lowers stress, and increases productivity.
- Routines aid in reducing stress and preventing burnout.
- It might encourage people to adopt healthy habits of living.
- Routines foster better interpersonal connections and aid in coping with change.
Reading and journal writing are also part of routines, and they have several advantages
Reading is “a very valuable exercise of people’s brains,” claims a study from Stanford.
“Reading any decent book is like having a conversation with the greatest thinkers of the past ages,” said René Descartes.
“Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” — Richard Steele
- By including reading in our routine, we stimulate the section of the brain linked with memory.
- It also develops our cognitive skills, such as literary and verbal skills, boosts our brain power, and improves our vocabulary.
- Reading also reduces stress by diverting our minds in different directions.
- Reading can also result in analytical thinking and strategic decision-making.
- It helps people keep track of progress in their private and office lives.
- It helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- It promotes streams of consciousness and is a terrific method to uncover inspiration.
- It boosts self-confidence and improves memory.
- It improves mental health and boosts emotional intelligence.
- It also enhances cognitive skills.
High performers make their routine according to their needs and follow it consistently, which leads to high-yielding results.
“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.”— Ben Franklin.
- Lack of sleep can lead to physical and mental health problems, mood disorders, injury, reduced productivity, and even a higher likelihood of death. (NCBI)
- Sleep deprivation can lead to mood imbalances such as lack of vigor, confusion, depressed mood, anger, and irritation.
- People’s cognitive processes, such as their ability to learn, concentrate and retain information, are greatly affected by how well they rest.
- In an organizational setting, it can have a negative impact on the workforce’s performance and disturb the overall performance of an organization or company.
Benefits of quality sleep include
- Improves cognitive activities, such as concentration and focus.
- Improves mood.
- Lack of irritability and a foggy mind.
- Boosts immune system and brain function.
- Minimizes stress and anxiety.
- Increases productivity.
- Enables us to combat fatigue.
- More optimistic and satisfied with life.
- Eliminates the risk of burnout.
- Positive and productive workforce.
Warren Buffett and Jeff Bezos, two entrepreneurs, place a high value on sleep and strive for eight hours each night.
High performers sleep at least 7–8 hours a night and wake up early, well rested and ready to tackle the day. A well-rested individual is more productive and alert, which positively impacts the workforce.
Be an early riser
“Go to bed early and wake up early. The morning hours are good.”—Jeff Bezos.
Research has found that waking up beforehand and success may be linked. Those who wake up before tend to be more visionary in life than those who don’t. – Harvard Business Review.
- Proactive people don’t wait for things to happen; they work towards them.
- They are more likely to recognize a problem and tackle it efficiently, which leads to success.
- Early risers are more energetic, alert, and productive, which can also be seen in their personal and work lives.
- More time to get things done with no disturbance
- Personal satisfaction.
- There is sufficient time to eat hearty breakfast, exercise, and get started.
- Reduced stress level.
High performers wake up early to plan out their days, think, and strategize without distraction. It gives them an edge over their colleague.
According to the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, meditation is defined as an activity of mind and body. “Meditation nourishes the mind in the same way that food nourishes the body.” – @Headspace.
“Meditation is about letting go of our baggage, of all the pre-rehearsed stories and internal dialogue that we are so attached to.” – Andy Puddicombe, Co-founder of Headspace.
It is an exercise that trains and increases our attention and awareness. Meditating for at least 10-15 minutes in the early morning you can refresh your mind.
The advantages of meditation are
- Increase focus.
- Decrease stress and anxiety.
- Promote calmness.
- Helps people acknowledge and accept negative emotions.
- Stimulate positive feelings.
- Promote empathy.
“You don’t need to be a genius or a visionary or even a college graduate to succeed. You just need a framework and an aspiration.”— Michael Dell, CEO of DELL.
“Don’t restrict yourself. Many people only push themselves as far as they believe they are capable of. As far as your mind will allow you to go. Do not forget that you can accomplish anything you believe. ” – Mary K. Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics.
Meditation is the perfect time to affirm your goals by
- Consider why it is important to meet the stated purpose or objective.
- Concentrate on the steps that need to be taken to accomplish the goal.
- What would you sacrifice to achieve this?
Try to envision the actions that need to be taken in your mind and trace their path. Imagine yourself accomplishing your goals. It will boost your motivation and strength.
Exercise is a wonderful way to get your body moving and circulating energy. When we exercise, our bodies release a hormone called endorphins, which trigger positive feelings in the body.
There are different types of exercises
- Moderate aerobic exercise includes activities such as walking, biking, swimming, and grass cutting.
- Vigorous aerobic exercise includes activities such as hiking, running or swimming.
- Strength training can involve the use of strength training equipment, your body weight, or activities such as climbing.
- The type of exercise is dependent upon a person’s requirements.
- Regular exercise has a proven track record for improving physical and mental health.
- Regular exercise can also help avoid multiple cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Benefits of exercise include
- Boost energy.
- Boost your self-esteem and confidence.
- Relieve depression and stress.
- Improved focus and attention span.
- Better quality sleep.
- High productivity.
- Improve mood and metabolism.
- Promote cognitive function.
- Increase creativity.
Exercise has a positive impact on individuals, which influences their personal, professional, and social environments.
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. ” —Adelle Davis
“Breakfast is everything. The beginning, the first thing. It is the mouthful that is the commitment to a new day, a continuing life. ” — A. A. Gill
Every successful person starts their day with a healthy breakfast.
We know breakfast is the most crucial meal of the day.
Breakfast replenishes and boosts our energy, which helps us get our work done. A healthy, hearty, and balanced breakfast is vital for a person to function throughout the day.
Advantages of a healthy breakfast
People who consume a healthy and balanced breakfast
- Have better concentration.
- Have increased problem-solving skills and eye-hand coordination.
- Have a high energy level which allows them to do more tasks efficiently.
- Have more strength and endurance.
- Have a more positive mood.
- Improve memory recall.
Keeping hydrated is very crucial.
- Being properly hydrated is essential for improved brain performance.
- It also results in quality sleep, a good mood, improved cognitive function, and energy.
- Even mild dehydration can affect normal cognitive functions.
To conclude, here are a few morning routines used by great achievers that help them be more productive and have a beneficial effect on their personal, social, and professional lives. Following not all, even some of them can have a great impact on an individual. Formation of any habit takes about 19-245 days. It is not hard to achieve, but consistency and will power are crucial in habit formation.
Hard work and smart work are characteristics of a high achiever.
Repeatedly asked questions
1. Who are high-performing people?
They are the high or top achievers of the team or organization who are able to recognize and understand their behaviors, traits, and skills and apply them to their personal lives and professional workplaces, resulting in increased productivity.
2. What are the ten characteristics of high performers?
- Growth mindset
- Critical thinking skills
- Capacity to work under pressure
- High-quality work
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Leadership skills
- Take initiative
- Manage time efficiently.