JetBlue is an American airline company that runs approximately 1000 flights and serves more than 100 domestic and international destinations. Thus, it’s a comprehensive network company where job-oriented people can find ample opportunity and achieve their goals. In this article, we will see about ‘How To Get A Job At JetBlue?’.
How To Get A Job At JetBlue?
According to their skills, JetBlue offers a wide range of jobs where people can apply. They offer jobs in airport operations, ground operations, technical operations, system operations, or support centers (corporate). You can go for travel products jobs launched by JetBlue, inflight, first officer, technical ventures, customer support, etc.
How do you apply for a job at JetBlue?
JetBlue offers jobs to very high skilled people. There is a lengthy and highly competitive procedure to be a JetBlue member. Phone calls, Interviews, direct assessments related to your job, or a meeting or direct interaction with the hiring officer are the parts of the whole procedure.
To apply for a job in JetBlue, you have to follow a few steps that are given below:
Step 1. Go to the official site of JetBlue career https://careers.jetblue.com/.
Step 2. Scroll down to set filters to search for the job you’re looking for.
Step 3. You can find a job after filling in the keywords and the location of the job you’re looking at in the search box.
Step 4. You’ll see jobs related to the keyword you filled or.
Step 5. Or you can see featured careers given on the homepage.
Step 6. Select between them and fill in the location you’re looking at.
Step 7. You’ll find the job roles and responsibilities and the skills they’re looking at with the experience.
Step 8. Click on apply now and register yourself by creating an account.
Step 9. After registration, they will ask about your personal information, qualification, skills, and experience.
Step 10. Fill in your details and submit your application.
Step 11. Wait for a few days; JetBlue sends mails to respond for a later procedure.
You can also send your details like your mail id and phone number to update the job opportunities provided by JetBlue. It is a part of a talent network where JetBlue itself provides a chance to the people who want to work at JetBlue. To get registered as a part of the talent network where they send you all the details, you have to provide them with your email id at the bottom of the career JetBlue homepage https://careers.jetblue.com/.
What to do after applying for a job?
Depending on the type of job you applied for, JetBlue take a test of your skills in various ways;
– Phone call interviews, assignments, or direct interaction are the factors on the basis you’ll get judged to be a part of JetBlue.
– After submitting your applications, JetBlue takes a few days to respond. Till then, candidates should prepare for the Interview. They should read about all the historical events of JetBlue, about the JetBlue.
– Candidates who apply for other jobs that are not based on Interviews should prepare themselves for direct interaction.
– Candidates need to boost their confidence level because sometimes, group interviews are held between candidates to choose the best among all. Answering an interviewer with high confidence impresses him better than the others.
Knowledge about the company where you’re applying for the job also matters the most. The interviewer also asks about the company and why you want to be a part of that company.
-Research about the company and read what else JetBlue does except run flights, what else they serve to their customers. What are the financial drivers of the company or what company prioritizes the most except running a business, the terms and policies the company works on?
What interviewer ask candidates?
He asks questions to know the ability of candidates, is he good for the suitable job or not. The interviewer notices the language candidates use and the confidence they wear, the way they talk, dress, express, or answer him.
Type of questions he might ask candidates are:
- What do you know about JetBlue?
- Why do you want to join JetBlue?
- Why do you want this job at JetBlue?
- Why should we hire you?
- What makes you better than other candidates?
- What’s your plan after getting this job?
- What else do we do for our customers?
- What have we prioritized the most in this company?
- How can your presence impact JetBlue’s overall missions and values?
These are some questions that the interviewer often asks to know your perspectives and views regarding the company. Answering these questions will have a significant impact on the interviewer.
Some do’s and don’ts for the Interview:
- Dress formally for the Interview. You should dress in such a way that you look professional. Your dress should be ironed, neat and clean. Your dressing sense also leaves a significant impact on the interviewer.
- Prepare about all the topics interviewer might ask. Going for an interview without any preparation affects your image too.
- Do not forget to carry the documents they’ve asked you to bring along with you. Carry your resume. Sometimes, candidates forget to bring a resume with them, which makes a weak point before the interviewer.
- Please do not talk about salary first; let the recruiter ask about it. They understand candidates are also here to earn money, but prioritizing it as a topic of discussion should not be a candidate’s concern.
- Keep yourself very confident and positive when you appear for an Interview. You might have the best answer for his question, but keeping it on a low track won’t leave a good impact.
JetBlue doesn’t only hire pilots. They also hire engineers, doctors, and other people for various jobs, and they are hired every day. JetBlue has more than 15000 employees globally, and still, there are many jobs they’re still offering to candidates globally. JetBlue also provides internships to the students or freshers for 90 days to 12 months. Interns work at JetBlue for a short period and get paid as well. It also provides work from home as it offers internships. JetBlue keeps all those things in mind and values the life of students.
Students can also connect to JetBlue through LinkedIn profiles. JetBlue also offers jobs through LinkedIn as well as directly from their portal. Keep these things in mind, and prepare yourself for the Interview.
Moreover, JetBlue provides equal opportunities to every person. JetBlue works on the pillar of humanities and values. Their founders chose five values to guide. They are – who we are, what we stand for, and what we’ll never compromise on. their values of safety, caring, integrity, passion, and fun inspire their culture and guide the decisions that they make every day. The various Crewmember Resource Groups (CRGs) spearhead grassroots efforts across JetBlue to embrace and encourage different perspectives, thoughts, and ideas.
JetBlue has received numerous awards and accolades, including being named one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and one of the Top 25 Places to Work by Forbes magazine. Additionally, the company was named the Best Airline for North American Travel by Business Insider in 2016 and has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.