Kmart Careers – Job Application, Salary, Age & Interview Questions: Why should we hire you for this job?
Are you a college fresher or high school student on the lookout for job opportunities? Do you want to learn new skills like retailing, customer service, assisting, or cashier? If you think that the answer to the above question is a yes, then you can check out some of the jobs available at Kmart that offer individuals and career seekers some great opportunities.
Job Description | Kmart Careers
What does a Kmart employee do, you ask? Before I can answer this question, you need to know what Kmart is. Kmart is a retail store. They sell various items like clothes, shoes, jewelry, watches, tools, healthcare products, pharmacies, appliances, etc. Kmart is quite popular among the masses. The job of a Kmart employee is limited to selling stuff and welcoming customers, listening to their queries, providing a refund to the customers if needed and addressing them, keeping an account of the stock, etc. A Kmart employee represents a company, promotes their products, and guides customers to find the product or service they are looking for.
Duties Of A Kmart Employee
- Generate sales for a company.
- Promote the products of the company.
- Possess excellent customer service skills to attract a large number of customers to the company.
- Welcome and greet customers as they arrive at the store.
- Ask the customers what they are looking for and what price range they are looking in. Then show them the products available in that price range.
- If the customer is unsure of what they want, you have to guide them to pick the right and suitable product or service.
- Keep the product presentation area spick and span and coordinate with the necessary departments to ensure that this job is done.
- Ensure to provide utmost customer satisfaction through your amazing selling skills.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of all the company’s products so that you can convince customers to purchase them.
- You should actively try to draw the customer’s attention to your store.
- You should possess knowledge of alternatives available when a situation crops up.
- Co-ordinate with members of different departments to ensure the sale of products.
- Develop a trustful relationship with your customers to increase the goodwill of the company.
- Report your progress and achievements to your head of department.
- Co-ordinate with merchants to ensure that there is adequate stock of products.
- You have to keep a check on the products in case they go out of stock.
- Provide ideas or strategies in meetings to improve the company’s income, no matter the department you are working in.
- You will be in charge of operating the cash register, warehouse, departments, etc.
Requirements To Be A Kmart Employee
- You should possess a high school diploma or a college degree. The latter is preferred.
- You should be at least 16 years of age.
- You will be required to work 12 hours a day. The time period may vary.
- You should have organizational skills, and you should be a great team player.
- A Kmart employee is required to have a basic knowledge of math.
- You should possess excellent vocabulary skills.
- You should have analytical skills and interpersonal skills.
- A Kmart employee is required to have problem-solving skills.
- You should pay attention to every detail while working.
- You should possess customer service experience.
- You should mandatorily possess basic telephone etiquette when interacting with a customer, peers, or higher-ups.
- You should be able to handle various tasks handed out to you and be flexible to accommodate the business’s requirements.
- You should have the quality of taking up initiative and doing a job with little to no supervision.
- You should be comfortable standing for long hours, engaging in constant conversation, lift weights to 40 pounds, climbing ladders, etc., as your job will require you to carry out these physical activities. You should have a strong physique.
- You may be asked to work for long hours, including evenings, weekends, or holidays. You should be comfortable doing this.
- You may have prior work experience as a Kmart employee.
- You should have a proven track record of providing the best results in the department you are building your career.
- You need to be confident in what you do.
You can also work part-time in a retail store when you are studying for college if you are planning to make your career as a Kmart employee.
To apply for a job at Kmart, you can go to their official website that is careers.kmart.com, or select the website depending on the country you are residing in. The site offers various job opportunities. You can select a job that interests you and apply there. You will be asked to give your email address, contact information, and personal details. Finally, you have to agree to their terms and conditions. Once you are done with this, you will complete your application process.
Top Employers Before Joining Kmart
While applying for a Kmart job, you may be a beginner or an individual with extensive experience in this field. If you are the latter, you can check out some of the top employers where you may have worked and get an idea of your chances of landing a Kmart job. The more experience you have under your belt, the higher are your chances are of securing a job at a top-reputed company. The benefit of this is that you will receive great pay.
The first employer in the list is the one that has a higher percentage of hiring you, whereas the last employer in the list has the least percentage or chances of hiring you. The statistics are approximate and will differ over a period of time.
- If you work at Walmart, you have a 23.6 percent chance of landing a job at Kmart.
- If you work at McDonald’s, you have a 16.6 percent chance of landing a Kmart job.
- If you work at Target, you have a 5.4 percent chance of landing a job at Kmart.
- If you work at Burger King, you have a 5.1 percent chance of landing a Kmart job.
- If you work at Wendy’s, you have a 4.4 percent chance of landing a Kmart job.
- If you work at Subway, you have a 4.0 percent chance of landing a job at Kmart.
- If you work at Sears Holdings, you have a 3.9 percent chance of landing a Kmart job.
- If you work at Macy’s, you have a 3.6 percent chance of landing a Kmart job.
- If you work at Dollar General, you have a 3.5 percent chance of landing a Kmart job.
- If you work at J.C. Penney, you have a 3.4 percent chance of landing a job at Kmart.
Salary Of A Kmart Employee In The United States Of America As Per Location
The average median salary of a Kmart Employee in the United States is $27,134 or $13 per hour, with the top 10 percent earning over $36,000 per year and the bottom 10 percent earning under $20,000 per year.
|CITY||STATE||AVERAGE SALARY||SALARY RANGE|
|Fairhaven||Massachusetts Jobs||$31,000||$24,000 – $37,000|
|Blaine||Minnesota Jobs||$30,000||$24,000 – $36,000|
|Tacoma||Washington Jobs||$29,000||$23,000 – $35,000|
|Lebanon||New Hampshire||$29,000||$23,000 – $34,000|
|Auburn||Maine Jobs||$29,000||$24,000 – $33,000|
|Baltimore||Maryland Jobs||$27,000||$20,000 – $35,000|
|Menomonie||Wisconsin Jobs||$27,000||$21,000 – $33,000|
|Hoffman Estates||Illinois Jobs||$27,000||$21,000 – $33,000|
|Jackson||Michigan Jobs||$27,000||$21,000 – $33,000|
|Albany||Orion Jobs||$27,000||$21,000 – $33,000|
|Eaton||Ohio Jobs||$26,000||$20,000 – $32,000|
|Indianapolis||Indiana Jobs||$25,000||$20,000 – $31,000|
|Elizabethtown||Pennsylvania Jobs||$25,000||$19,000 – $33,000|
|El Paso||Texas Jobs||$25,000||$18,000 – $32,000|
|Nogales||Arizona Jobs||$25,000||$19,000 – $30,000|
|Belleview||Florida Jobs||$24,000||$18,000 – $30,000|
|Salt Lake City||Utah Jobs||$24,000||$19,000 – $28,000|
|Las Cruces||New Mexico Jobs||$24,000||$18,000 – $29,000|
|Elko||Nevada Jobs||$23,000||$18,000 – $28,000|
|Dothan||Alabama||$23,000||$17,000 – $28,000|
The average standard salary across various locations of the United States ranges from $17,000 to $37,000.
Salary Of A Kmart Employee On The Basis Of Their Job Title They Hold
The position or the job title you hold in the company you are working for plays a key role in determining the salary you receive. If you have many years of experience under your belt, say you hold the position of front-end lead salary, you can expect an average pay of $79,288. Similarly, if you have very little to no experience under your belt, and for example, have been allotted the job title of stock clerk or customer service associate, you can expect an average minimal pay of $22,349
|JOB TITLE||AVERAGE SALARY||SALARY RANGE|
|Front End Lead Jobs||$79,000||$68,000 – $91,000|
|Sales Representative Jobs||$51,000||$45,000 – $56,000|
|Assistant Manager Jobs||$37,000||$33,000 – $39,000|
|Warehouse Worker Jobs||$32,000||$29,000 – $33,000|
|Pharmacist Technician Jobs||$31,000||$28,000 – $33,000|
|Department Manager Jobs||$31,000||$28,000 – $34,000|
|Sales Associate Jobs||$30,000||$26,000 – $33,000|
|Supervisor Jobs||$29,000||$26,000 – $32,000|
|Loss Prevention Officer Jobs||$29,000||$28,000 – $29,000|
|Loss Prevention Agent Jobs||$28,000||$27,000 – $28,000|
|Stocker Jobs||$28,000||$27,000 – $28,000|
|Forklift Operator Jobs||$28,000||$26,000 – $29,000|
|Department Lead Jobs||$26,000||$24,000 – $28,000|
|Merchandiser Jobs||$26,000||$24,000 – $26,000|
|Cashier Jobs||$25,000||$23,000 – $27,000|
|Customer Service Representative Jobs||$25,000||$23,000 – $26,000|
|Stower Jobs||$24,000||$23,000 – $25,000|
|Customer Service Associate Jobs||$22,000||$20,000 – $23,000|
|Stock Clerk Jobs||$22,000||$21,000 – $22,000|
The average standard pay for Kmart jobs depending on job title ranges from $20,000 to $91,000.
Salary Kmart Offers In Comparison To Other Companies Operating In The Same Domain
While the salary of Kmart mentioned above in this article gives you a fair idea of the salary range within the company, it might also be helpful for you to compare the salary of Kmart with other companies. You can better know the salary provided for a certain role, compare the salaries, and select the company with the highest pay.
|COMPANY||AVERAGE SALARY||SALARY RANGE|
|Target||$39,000||$26,000 – $57,000|
|Bath & Body Works||$38,000||$28,000 – $52,000|
|Sears Holdings||$37,000||$26,000 – $53,000|
|Bed Bath & Beyond||$37,000||$25,000 – $54,000|
|Forever 21||$37,000||$27,000 – $48,000|
|J.C. Penney||$36,000||$26,000 – $49,000|
|Dollar Tree||$36,000||$24,000 – $53,000|
|Toys R Us||$36,000||$24,000 – $51,000|
|Family Dollar||$36,000||$26,000 – $48,000|
|Walmart||$35,000||$24,000 – $50,000|
|Old Navy||$35,000||$25,000 – $46,000|
|Kohl’s||$34,000||$27,000 – $43,000|
|The Home Depot||$33,000||$26,000 – $41,000|
|Sam’s Club||$31,000||$25,000 – $37,000|
|Food Lion||$31,000||$24,000 – $38,000|
|Menards||$30,000||$23,000 – $37,000|
|Marshall’s||$28,000||$24,000 – $33,000|
|Winn-Dixie||$28,000||$21,000 – $37,000|
|7 Eleven||$28,000||$23,000 – $33,000|
|Kohl’s||$28,000||$23,000 – $33,000|
The average standard salary that the competing companies offer employees for the job in the same domain ranges from $21,000 to $57,000.
Interview Questions | Kmart Careers
- Why should we hire you for this job?
I am on the lookout for new job opportunities, and this job fits the criteria that I want to work for. I have (no. of years of experience) experience in this role and have developed both the hard skills and soft skills required for this job, thanks to my experience. I can assure you that the results I deliver will be exceptional, and I will complete the job in the given time ultimatum. I require very little supervision and will not bother you much.
- How did you learn about our firm?
(There are 2 ways to answer this question depending on the circumstances that you have discovered this job.)
Situation 1: If you heard about the job through your friend
I was first introduced to your firm by one of my friends who was an employee here and worked in the (department where your friend has worked) department. I have heard many great things about this firm, and I’m convinced that your opportunity will help me in the long run.
Situation 2: If you came across the job on the internet or in the newspaper
I came upon this job or website while reading a newspaper or researching new jobs on the internet. The job description mentioned there is what really captivated my interest. Also, the reviews on the website are what pushed me to apply for this job.
- Will you be comfortable working on weekends or public holidays?
(There are 2 ways to answer this question depending on the following situations)
Situation 1: If you agree
Yes. I have no qualms about working on weekends or on public holidays. I can also work overtime if the need be.
Situation 2: If you disagree
Unfortunately, I am not comfortable working on the weekends. But to make up for that, I can work overtime one weekdays or for an extended period of days.