A person may have their own conceptualization and has all the rights to think of how a step ahead of what one is engaged in as of now could be attained. Looking for a better opportunity and desiring to explore superior workplaces that offer you more enlightenment towards the industry a person is a part of seems relevant. Along with allowing exploring the industry, it surely makes anybody who chooses to go for it capable enough to explore themselves in terms of their work potential. While keeping a note of all the negatives and positives of the step to be taken and looking out for explorable options, a person is ought to provide the reason for resigning from the current job. Could looking out for finer opportunities be a reason enough?
Thumbs up! Considering a thought that would make a person a step ahead of where one is at present and scrutinizing its pros and cons is farsighted and shows practicality. However, finally deciding to leave could result in a little stress. Spending considerable time in a workplace brings along routines, rituals, people and habits, that wouldn’t be carried off to the new workplace. Routine would differ, the atmosphere will be all changed, and the surroundings are going to have new co-workers. At times, it could get a lot of nostalgia, but understanding some changes are worth making is necessary. Having a moment of epiphany when a career demands a change is mandatory. Even though a person could be all happy in its workplace, doing well, surrounded by supportive co-workers, and earning a good living, if there’s an opportunity to follow up that can lead one to a greater end, why not? Growth is important. One may be a little unsure when deciding, thinking of the good the current job has done, but how great all the upcoming events of life could be by taking up a better opportunity must never be neglected. The atmosphere and people around would be different, which could be a little difficult to deal with, but the self-growth a new opportunity will get in will surely be worth it.
Benefits of Switching Jobs for a Better Opportunity
- Building Network – Leaving those likable people behind at the current workplace is difficult, agreeable for sure. Meeting new people and having a similar feeling for them sometime later? Possible enough too. This will help a person build a better social network. The more people one meets, the more people one could connect with. The more people one connects with, the better it gets when it comes to networking, both socially amd professionally.
- Raised Confidence – A place, a person is familiar with is sure comforting and changing that could bring a little discomfort in one’s life. This is agreeable but it sure can’t go without realising discomfort causes a raise in one’s confidence, once a person overcomes it. Once the challenge is accepted and done, the feeling of discomfort turns into a confident one and that’s when a person gets a step closer to self growth.
- Self-Growth – A person indeed has to gather all the courage to get out of a comforting workplace and get put there to face challenges that are maybe uncalled for, for the moment, specially when one’s doing fine already. But when a person puts itself out there and choose to deal with discomfort and challenges thrown upon, for the sake of taking hold of greater opportunities, it builds in a spiral of more courage and confidence in the person. All these aspects that changes in a person takes them closer to self growth.
- Exploring Possibilities – When a person has to or chooses to leave a work place that provides all the facilities and comfort along with a great living to grab an opportunity that seems better, it’s big and courageous. There sure are huge risks involved. While the decision is in the process, one’s mind would go through all kinds of negative and positive impacts leaving the work place could have on it’s life. Is it going to be fine and will the one in question be able to make it to success at the new place or should the idea just be dropped and staying in the current place is safe and sensible for stability? All these questions could roam around in one’s head and a lot more. But that’s how it is meant to start. And it indeed is normal. Having a thought of acing it all in all situations can sometime result in being overconfident, which is riskier. One has to have doubts to overcome them in future and decipher it’s own capable self. They say – if it frightens you, that’s the most right thing for you to do. Go for what frightens you the most, because when you ace it, that’s what brings you rejoice. And moreover, in the process of making choices, considering the opportunities, leaving comfort behind, walking into the unknown, taking a step ahead for betterment, working for it , making hustles and finally finding success, all of it makes one aware of its own potential and capabilities. A person, after going through all the things discussed above, gets to know itself in a better way. Strengths and weakness, edges and limits, skills and talents – one gets to explore all of these factors about its own self and while choosing to look for a better opportunity, one ends up finding a better self.
- Greater Satisfaction – A situation where a person decides to leave behind a comforting job to grab a finer opportunity, conspired of bigger challenges, and takes hold of the situation at the end of it successfully, the doubts that might’ve occurred while making the decision disappear along way, making one attain a happier, finer and satisfactory zone, with a hope of more greater achievements henceforth.
- Atmospheric Change – A factor that might seem to be the least important one, but apparently it’s amongst the most important one. Talking about why – atmosphere you work in helps in building the functioning of one’s brain. A healthy atmosphere of work place could help one attain positive vibes and to stay in a finer frame of mind which later helps one to work in a consistent manner, having surrounded by the correct energy. However, brain starts to adapt the atmospheric conditions and works accordingly, which after sometime, could result in reduced creativity and enthusiasm. As the workplace changes, the atmosphere one was working in changes as well, along with the way of working, which has to be different from the current job. These changes might help in increasing mind’s creativity, when given different ways of working and while exploring different areas. Also, while meeting and connecting with different people, one could gain more knowledge about certain things both related to work and other. Maybe the new found knowledge comes to one’s use while exploring ideas for working. Maybe all these factors influences one’s mind and gets all of it in use while working, with a different angle. In these and probably more ways, atmospheric change could surely result in betterment in one’s both personal and professional being.
How does it help a person grow, if not in terms of a paycheck?
A mere thought of lacking comfort causes discomfort to people. Resigning from a job that a person has been doing well in is a courageous decision to make. It involves discomfort and risk. If they’ll be able to make it if it’s going to be worthy enough if the future really holds something greater than they’re already occupied in? One has to make an answer with a definite answer to all these questions, keeping themselves positive and determined enough to be able to move ahead. Along with the courage to decide, they decide to move past the comfort one currently has. Several challenges and discomfort to get themselves on a greater level of success and satisfaction make one undergo and overcome many aspects of life, which helps in individual growth. If not in terms of a paycheck, better opportunities help a person in self-growth, growth in confidence, and self-reliance.
Does the atmosphere you work in the matter?
A simple answer to the question is, it does. It is, so far, one of the most important aspects of finalizing a workplace for oneself. Regardless of how good the workplace’s reputation is, how high the paycheck is, how good one is to crack the challenges thrown upon, the right kind of atmosphere in the workplace is still the most considerable aspect. A person must be in a positive atmosphere and amidst a positive and supportive group of people to work with the right mindset. Declining the atmosphere of a place you have to visit daily and spend hours in is similar to declining your mental health for work’s sake. And knowing the fact, none of this will end up healthy for any person. Therefore, one must never neglect to keep themselves in a positive space amidst positive people and keep positive vibes.
It’s thumbs-up as we discussed, moving past every aspect that could come in the way of leading ahead. This would at least make a person learn the importance of change, of not anything else. Some might enjoy it more, some might enjoy it less, but everyone taking moving ahead will surely learn, some more, some less.