MVC, which is the most utilized software design pattern in the IT industry all over the world. We will discuss Net MVC Architecture Interview Questions here. Nevertheless, it is a different type of software design pattern, convenient to develop and maintain applications through this separation development. Now let’s move to take a look at the meaning of MVC architecture.
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) three separation standard development methodology with above three elements of the applications and used to develop user interfaces of the web or mobile apps with the business logic those are divided once as technologies but interconnected these three and working as one in the application mostly run with OOP concepts.
- ASP.Net is one of the most important frameworks that include many alternatives of web form patterns related to C#. The MVC architecture with the above framework is much more used for complex and large projects to reduce the complexity of maintenance by developing those applications simply and easily.
- How to survive in IT industry with net MVC skills?
If you work with a net MVC design pattern in the IT industry, you can have multiple job roles and software development job roles to move in your pathway. The interview questions related to this technology can be tricky, and advanced questions can be included. We have to survive in these kinds of questions. Therefore, we need to be more prepared for them.
Interview panel checks below three separated parts from the candidates mainly. Those are:
- Knowledge – The theories and information you gather about the technology.
- Skills – Your projects, those you participated in earlier, and your past work.
- Application – Ability to apply the technology for real-world scenarios.
According to these parts, interview questions can be listed and you need to prove whether you are eligible for the related designation.
Under the above three categories, interviewers check your ability in the below sections separately:
- MVC architecture
The candidate should focus on answering the questions as a user of the technology and how familiar with these parts. He or she needs to focus on the skills and application of these parts mainly.
- Need to create your path?
Please go through this article to understand the basic type of questions and how the questions go deep according to the job role and responsibilities that the candidates have.
These separated elements will show what are the areas you need to cover and how to do candidate needs to prepare.
Net MVC Architecture Interview Questions
Below categories are covered to check about the candidate’s knowledge of the technology.
- Basic Questions
- Advanced Questions
Below sections are covered to check the skills that you have and what you have done in the past.
- How do you apply the above techniques to your projects?
- Related experience?
- Challenges you faced?
- The plan and the workload that you have done?
Below parts are covered to check the application that you have and what you can be done in the current situation.
- Ability to apply in the real world.
- Problem–solving abilities
- Decision-making abilities
- Whether available for accidental applications.
Let’s Dive into the Interview
- What is MVC Architecture? Why it is widely used in the industry? Do you have a special reason to choose this technology?
MVC is an architecture used to adequately develop web and mobile applications with separated elements model, view, and controller. The application model is related to the business logic of the app with algorithms. The view is the presentation mode, like how the user will see the data in user interfaces and UI designs. Finally, the controller means handling containers, requests, and responses through databases and presenting a layer of the architecture.
The MVC architecture is the most suitable one for the industry, mainly with OOP concepts nowadays. The reason is mainly these three elements are developed separately, and maintenance is easy to handle, but as a process, these are interconnected and do the tasks. I am choosing the technology because it is one of the fastest development architecture going with parallel development and SEO friendly. On the other hand, I can easily modify the application without affecting the entire model because of the separated three-element development. It will help the client-friendly environment to change the customer requirements without issues.
- Is ASP.net with MVC methodology suitable for developing web and mobile apps more than the traditional one? Why you choose instead of the traditional one?
My opinion is definitely ‘Yes.’ I have used the MVC architecture for software development because when we take the traditional ASP.Net web forms and apps, those are developed in a basic way and include server controls. On the other hand, it takes a lot of time to load and view because of the heavy cycle, which is not open source. Even though a different design pattern MVC has a simple, lightweight way and no bulk performances were there.
MVC architecture process runs in three different elements in unique tasks, and the controlling and server performances are dropped concept more than HTML helpers. The MVC is very convenient. As an example, it has lots of high-level processes l9ike cookies, session handling, decoding HTML form data. They are portable, inexpensive more than that they are secure. Security is the main consideration nowadays. It has no buffer overflow attacks.
- What are the features of net MVC?
The technology provides a separate application task in the test-driven development like business logic, UI logic, control, view. In this MVC, unit testing is very easy to handle for internal codes because of separation without running controllers. ASP .net MVC has various components so that we can easily replace or customizable them. We can run our policies, view engines, and action methods as well. It supports existing features and Windows authentication, cookies, session management, monitoring, controlling the system.
- What is your knowledge about OOP concepts? Can you explain some of them?
Object-Oriented concepts mainly stay with objects and methods. We have data and methods under that category. The main concepts can be shown as polymorphism, encapsulation, and inheritance likewise. When we take polymorphism, it means there have many forms, dynamic forms. Mainly two parts called overriding, and overloading methods can be explained. Overriding means change the body of the same methods and run the code. Overloading means in the same two methods change the parameter amount or add more to another. In encapsulation, we make public methods and private datatypes. Inheritance is the process of taking objects for a class from another class. The classes are called parent class and child class.
- Do you have any idea about the MVC page life cycle?
Firstly, in the MVC page lifecycle, read explicit data sent by the client means form data from the user side. Then we need to read implicit data sent by the client that means request headers. These are taken from the browser. Then with the URLRoutingModule method and after that, handle the MVC and control them. According to the data taken from the JDBC driver through the database and next Send the explicit data back to the client with HTML and response headers to the client for view the data.
- Do you know about routing? What are the three segments of net MVC?
Routing is a process of incoming URLs that should be more informative and should be given a good response.
Two Types of Routing Can Be Explained Mainly:
- Convention-based routing –in this type, we can call the MapRoute method, set a unique name, and specify some default values.
- Attribute-based routing specifies the controller action methods here.
The three segments are:
- Can you explain little about the filters of net MVC?
In MVC, we have to perform various actions it can be before or after the related operation. Therefore ASP.net MVC design pattern provides a feature called filter for us to before or after action behaviors in the controller. When we consider these filters, we can give some net MVC support examples like,
- Action Filters-This will showcase the logic of the code when it executes the controller action executes before and after.
- Authorization Filters –Showcase the control of authentication and authorization.
- Result filters –Showcase the view result of the execution before and after the contained logic executes.
- Exception Filters –use for error handling when pop up in the controller actions or controller action results.
- Have you ever heard about HTML Helpers? What is HTML helper and examples?
Yes, HTML helpers are web form controls that are used to modify HTML. They are lightweight controls, and they don’t have an event model and a view state. These are return string types most of the time.
Examples for render HTML form elements:
- Can you explain about razor view engine?
In MVC, we have search engines. Via these search engines, we can utilize server-side codes compiled in servers before sending them to the browsers. In Asp.Net MVC, the default view engine of this is a razor. C# code used cshtml extension, but in vb.net code, it’s vbhtml extension.
- Have you used nonaction methods in your net MVC project? What is your role in the project?
In MVC architecture, all the public methods are figured as actions, and you need to create a method for that. If you want to use the method, you need to use it with NonAction methods.
- What are the limitations that you have identified in technology while using it?
The technical understanding is a little bit hard and complex to implement. This will not be suitable for the small kind of projects. The deployment was also difficult in this technology.
- What are the technology related challenges that you have faced through your project?
It takes more response execution time because of server configuration optimizations. On the other hand, the first page is loading slowly, and custom errors are shown. We have integration problems with the project because we handle it through Github.
- Assume you develop software according to the MVC. What are the main points that you need to consider?
Carefully need to select the project type, whether it’s Asp.net framework. Then select the MVC template because there are various forms in the IDE like web forms, MVC, web API. The MVC web application project structure contains three separated folders called model, view, controller. In these files, you can develop your internal codes and functions efficiently.
- You used net MVC right? Why don’t you go through with ASP.net web forms?
These kinds of web forms are not available nowadays because the changes can be costly and high risk for the application. On the other hand, this hiring people for maintenance will be impossible. The payments for those staff members can be highly increased and not profitable when compared with MVC architecture. This one is a traditional old one.
ASP .net MVC architecture, one of the most widely used methodologies in the industry, mostly moves with C#, Java. OOP-related programming languages and technologies can be run in the same way with the technology with small differences. More than web forms, the MVC architecture can be reused with the separated components and the request handle and client-friendly and easy for the developer. In this article, the interview questions related to the above technology and how you need to face in the interview to take your opportunity. So the passionate candidates, the chances are not rebounded for you. You must achieve your own goals and be the best one. Best of Luck!
Also read What is coding? What are the various aspects of coding?