A Java application JMeter is made to test the behavior of the measure of any performance that affects the functionality. Earlier the applicant had to give a test and later it was expanded to the functions. Both the static and dynamic resources can be used to test the functionality of the application and can be used to simulate a heavy load server. The group servers can be used to analyze the performance along with the various load types. Here, let’s discuss JMeter Interview Questions with Sample Answers.
The JMeter interview questions and answers which are available on both the mobile and desktop versions given in this article might be useful in many contexts. Many different websites provide access to some of the most important questions which might be asked to the candidate in the interview.
Many people have understood the need and importance of this application in software companies and you can become a part of it.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Some of the most important and frequently asked questions along with their sample articles are mentioned below.
- Explain the working of JMeter?
The JMeter application is a group of users who send requests to a targeted server. The response given by the target server is then collected and all the other stats which help to analyze the performance of the application are given via tables or graphs.
2. What is the Samplers and Thread groups?
The Thread Group has JMeter as the beginning of its elements and is one of the most important elements. The number of users in this can be set and the time to load all the users is also given.
Samplers are used to generate more than one sample and they result in many different attributes like time, date, size. The generated samplers help the user of the application to send requests of a specific kind. The HTTP request, JDBC request are some of the most useful samplers.
3. Give an explanation of the Configuration Elements?
Working parallelly with a Sampler is done with the help of a configuration element. The defaults and variables can be set up for use by the configurations and these elements are then processed before the samplers.
4. What are Pre-Processor elements and list some of them out.
Pre-Processor is something that is used before execution by the Sampler. It is helpful to configure the Sample request before the execution or to update the variables. These variables are not extracted from the response text and in such cases, the pre-processor elements are used. Some of the elements include-
- HTML link
- Modifier for URL re-writing
- A Bean Shell Preprocessor
5. In JMeter what is a Test Plan?
To define the layout of what is to be tested and how the process is to be carried out is the task of a test plan. An overall test plan will include more than one element like the logic controller, listeners, timers, thread groups, and configuration elements. Any test plan is expected to include at least one thread group.
6. List out the features of JMeter.
- JMeter is free of cost and is open-source software.
- It can perform many different types of tests on different servers like Database JDBC, JMS, Mail-PO3.
- It has an intuitive and very simple-to-use GUI.
- It works in full swing and is lightweight support.
- The test formats are stored by JMeter in XML format.
- Is highly extensible
- JMeter can also be used to perform the automation and functionality of the application.
7. Define controllers along with their types.
There are two different types of controllers in JMeter-
- The Sampler controllers allow the application to send specific kinds of requests to a server and simulates the request for a particular page.
- The Logical controllers are used to control the processing of samplers in a Thread group. The order of requests that have come up can be changed from any of the child elements.
8. What are the Listeners in JMeter?
The Listeners let one see the results of the Samplers in different forms of tables, graphs, trees, or simple text in the files. They have access to the results visually and include all of the data gathered by JMeter in the case of the Sampler component.
The listeners can be added anywhere in the test even directly under the plan. The data collected is done only from the elements at or below their level.
9. What are the monitor tests used for?
- Monitor tests are very useful for stress testing and management of the system.
- When they are used for stress testing, additional information is provided to it by the server performance.
- The use of these tests makes it easier to determine the relationship between server performance and response time.
- The control of the multiple servers from one console becomes easier as it is a system administration tool.
10. List the process to capture the script of the Authentication Window in the JMeter.
To capture the script by recording-
- Thread group all the elements in the test plan and ensure that the proxy server is changed to HTTPP in the Workbench.
- The set port number in the setting box can be modified in the connection settings and the localhost address can be changed. The proxy server can then be started in JMeter and the application can be run again.
11. What are a Timer and different types of it?
A JMeter thread will send requests up to the server continuously by default. As a user, if you want to pause this process, then the Timers can be used. Some of the most popular timers which are popularly used are Synchronizing Timer, Gaussian Random Timer, Constant Timer, and others.
12. How many maximum threads are recommended to be used on a single device?
The maximum number of threads recommended to be used on a single system is based on the configuration of the system. The configuration includes a processor, allocated memory, JVM, etc. Some of the other factors which might be considered as they have an impact on the constraints depend on whether the user prefers the GUI/Non-GUI mode.
13. Give the difference between the Gaussian and the Poisson Timers.
Both the Gaussian and Poisson Timers work on devising a mathematical formula and has a constant delay and an additional offset. The main difference between these timers is that the lambda value that is calculated in the Poisson timer and the deviation is caused in the Gaussian timer.
14. What is the primary function of co-relation in the JMeter?
Co-relation is a process that extracts the values from the server response which can be stored in any variable. This request is then used in any other request which can be followed. For example, if one wants to store and order a test in any login functionality then, they can use the session ID/cookie ID, and then the value can be extracted from the GET request. The extracted value can be used while making a POST request for login.
15. Give the flow of the Test Script recorder.
The Test Script recorder is used to record all the HTTPS requested from the server and they form the basis of the application. There are many other configurations that are required to be done in the application and all of this makes the application functional.
The steps which are to be followed to record the HTTPS traffic are mentioned below in the correct format-
- Add the HTTPS test script recorder directly to the workbench.
- Enter the required port number which you want to use to start the proxy server.
- Select the target labeled either as “workbench” or add a recording controller in the test plan. Select the same target so that all the recordings are stored under the label.
- Start the proxy server and configure the browser.
- The configurations can be changed either manually pointing to the same port number which is then used in the test script recorder.
The Apache JMeter is a testing tool that can be used for analyzing the performance of different software services and products. Since it is a purely Java-based software it can be used for testing the FTP application and the web application. The execution of performance testing, functional testing, and load testing can be done using JMeter.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is JMeter difficult to crack?
2. Does JMeter need coding to work?
JMeter does not need any extensive and exclusive programming knowledge to work. The prior Java language can be used for the application to work properly.
3. Which application does JMeter not test?
Since it is a Java-based open-source application, it can be tested for Load bearing. All the major protocols can be supported in Load Runner and it works on levels and does not execute the present HTML pages.