Spring boot has continuously created new ways that make it easy to develop applications. Currently, spring boot is among the leading technology used to create java web applications. It helps create a stand-alone java application from zero because of its inbuild server, less configuration, and fast monitoring features. Let us know more detail about ‘Java Spring Boot Interview Questions’.
Java Spring Boot Interview Questions
Java spring boot interview questions revolve around its functionality and features. You should understand its security, administration features, spring application, lazy initialization, etc.
The following are questions asked regularly in a spring boot interview:
1. Define Spring Boot
Spring boot is a spring module that aspires to make using the spring framework for java development less complicated. It eliminates unnecessary dependencies and configurations to develop a stand-alone spring-based java application that you can simply run. It provides a Rapid Application Development feature with auto-configuration, embedded HTTP servers, and auto dependency resolution.
2. What are the Advantages of Using Java Spring Boot?
- Easy to develop and understand spring applications
- Configuration is minimal
- Minimizes development time and increases productivity
- For the application to start quickly, spring boot presents auto-configuration to feed a set of the default configuration.
3. What are the Spring Boot Features?
- Auto-configuration -helps to feed the default arrangement according to your project, preventing irrelevant WAR files.
- Starter dependency -helps spring boot combine similar dependencies with improving productivity.
- Security and logging-Spring boot security and logging features ensure safety for all applications made using spring boot.
4. What is the Difference Between Spring Boot and Spring?
Spring boot in a spring module, while spring is a web application structure built on Java. Secondly, spring boot is used to develop spring applications that can just execute, while spring provides libraries and tools to build customized web applications.
5. How Can You Use Maven to create a Spring Boot Application?
There are different ways you can use maven to create a spring boot application which include:
- Spring maven project
- Spring Initializr
- Spring boot command-line tool
- Spring starter project wizard
6. How does Spring Boot Function?
Spring boot impulsively organizes your applications around the dependencies you have added using notation to your project. The first step for the spring boot application is the class with @SpringBootApplication interpretation and the central process.
Using @ComponentScan notation, automatically spring boot scans all elements involved in the project.
7. What are the Possible External Configuration Sources?
Spin boot allows developers to operate similar applications in a different environment. It uses properties files, environmental variables, command-line arguments, and YAML files to determine the suitable configuration properties. The most used external configuration sources are:
- Command-line Properties- Spring boot produces command-line arguments and converts them to properties.
- Application Properties- Spring boot automatically explores for its YAML file or application properties files in the config directory, classpath root, current directory, or to load the properties.
- Profile-specific properties- The properties are derived from its YAML file or the application properties file.
8. What is the Spring Boot Starter Dependencies?
They are maven templates with an array of all the necessary transitive dependencies to start a specific functionality.
9. What is Spring Initializr?
It is a web application that aids you in developing an initial spring boot project design and presents a Gradle file or maven to create your code. It eradicates the challenges of building up a structure when beginning a project from scratch.
10. Describe Spring Actuator and its Benefits
Spring Actuator is a spring boot feature that lets you see what is happening internally in a running application. When you need to debug and analyze your application logs, you must understand what is transpiring internally in the application.
In such situations, the spring actuator gives easy access to properties such as Central Processing Unit usage and identifying beans. It facilitates an easy path to inspect the production-ready REST points and collects all kinds of details from the
11. What are the Steps to Develop a Spring Boot Project Applying Spring Initializr?
Spring provides a web tool, namely spring initializr. With the aid of this tool, you can develop a spring boot project by only giving project information. The following are steps to follow:
- Pick the maven project and the dependencies needed. Fill in the other necessary details like an artifact, group, and press on “generate a project.”
- After you download the project, withdraw the project onto your system.
- Then, import the project using the import choice on the spring tool suite Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- When importing the project, pick the maven project type, and the project source should have the pom.xml file.
After completing the above steps, the spring boot will be created with all the relevant dependencies.
12. Why Use Profiles in Spring Boot?
When creating an application, you will come across numerous environments, e.g., prod, QA, and dev. Each domain requires a different organization; for instance, you may use DB2 or proprietary oracle for prod and an embedded H2 database for dev.
13. What are the Use of @RestController and @RequestMapping Commentary in Spring Boot?
The @RestController notation is to add @controller annotation and @ResponseBody to class. In contrast, @RequestMapping notation is used to give the routing details to inform the spring that it should map any HTTP request to the specific procedure.
To use both notations, you must import org.springframework.web.
14. What are Spring Boot Command -Line Interface (CLI) and its advantages?
Spring boot CLI is a text-based UI (user interface) that lets you develop a spring-based java application using Grovy. For instance, if you use the JDBC template, you will not require to create a setter and getter or return statement; the access modifier the CLI will automatically load for you.
15. What are the Most Familiar Spring Boot CLI commands?
-grap, -war, -help, -shell, –int, -uninstall, -install, -jar, -test, -run.
16. Can you Build a Non-web Application in Spring Boot?
Yes, by eliminating the web dependencies from the classpath and substituting the way spring boot develops the application background.
Java spring boot interview is more complex and requires enough revision. This article has covered the crucial questions presented during a technical interview. Please go through them for your preparation.
Most Asked Question
- What are the Spring boot basics?
They are maven 3.0+, java 1.8, and spring framework 5.0.0 build snapshot.
- What is Microservice in Java?
They are a collection of software applications drafted in java programming language and are designed for a narrow scope that works together for a more comprehensive solution.