Glancing back over human history, an individual can undeniably ascertain the advancement and refinement of technology. Let us know about the ‘Back-end Developer Interview Questions’.
Human beings have gained enormous success in technology and technology-related aspects by taking beneficent resources into service. With the advancement of resources, humans have developed various websites, software, and computer networks. Furthermore, a wide range of people pursue a back-end developer career as it primarily concentrates on designing and developing a website and other equivalent work.
Back-end developer interview questions
To become a back-end developer, an individual needs a diverse set of skills. Moreover, every company or organization has its interview or selection process to stem out a majority and remain with the best candidate for the job position. Many basic back-end developer interview questions are asked during a Back End Developer interview. An individual is generally suggested to practice these frequently asked interview questions to showcase their promising self.
Backend interview questions are mentioned
- Can you walk me through the development process of a web application?
- What should a person do to secure a web application?
- How familiar are you with databases?
- What do you know about MySQL, MongoDB, etc.?
- Can you tell me something about Google Cloud?
- What do you know about HTML or any other programming language? Which language do you have the most inclination towards? Why?
- What do you understand about RESTful API design? Can you brief me on its principles?
- Have you worked with version control systems like SVN?
- What do you know about the scaling technique?
- What steps do you take to attain maximum and swift speed on your website?
- Explain the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern.
- Which server-side language are you familiar with?
- What is load balancing?
- What steps do you take to handle errors and debugging in an application?
1. Can you walk me through the development process of a web application?
To develop a web application, a person has to follow certain steps and techniques. The first thing that an individual must do is to analyze what they need and plan accordingly. A person must lay out a specific and influential plan for a given problem. Then, an individual must design a solution and several strategies to execute the plan adequately. Develop a database using codes and the programming language of your choice. Get feedback and double-check it before testing it. Once the testing aspect is finalized, an individual has to create strategies for maintaining the website application effectively. The end step is to work on the negative aspects and fix errors.
2. What should a person do to secure a web application?
There are numerous ways that any individual can follow to secure a web application. However, I have my preferences for a specific way. I make sure that my data is encrypted using HTTPS. Double-checking your data for errors, value validation, keeping software up to date, implementing authorization, monitoring logs, using WAF, etc. are some steps that can be followed by a person to secure a web application. However, every person has different ways to secure an application based on their preference.
Other Interview Questions
In a backend developer interview, many questions other than technical ones are also asked. These questions may be basic ones, behavioral questions, situational questions, and imaginary questions as well. Some of these questions may include the following:
- Describe your experience as a backend developer.
- Can you describe your experience with containerization techniques?
- What do you like about being a backend developer? Why?
- What do you like the least about being a backend developer? Why?
- Describe your last company. What you disliked the most about your last workplace and why?
- What inspires you to work with us or our company?
- What do you think is the most important skill to become a backend developer?
Skills Required for Becoming a Backend Developer
There is a broad spectrum of skills that an individual needs to evolve into a successful and revered backend developer. Some of the most basic skills are further elucidated below as follows:
- An individual must have a proficient understanding of programming language. A Backend Developer has to write code almost every day, and therefore, they must be familiar with programming languages. Having a good command of a few programming languages always acts as a plus and an impressive point for the interviewer.
- An individual should have a thorough knowledge of algorithms and codes.
- A person must have good leadership qualities. An honest, trustworthy, and diligent personality always shines and comes across as effective.
- They must have acceptable knowledge of design and its principles. Moreover, a person must also be familiar with cloud computing.
- A person should possess terrific communication skills and the capacity to work effectively under strain or immense pressure.
In an interview process held for a backend developer job, a myriad range of questions is asked. But only a few of them are typically the basic technical questions that almost every interviewer is likely to ask. These questions are crafted in a manner that contemplates an individual’s aptitudes and capacities.
Generally, the interviewer is bound to ask skill-specific questions to check a person’s knowledge and experience. An individual can do well as a backend developer interviewer if they practice these questions diligently and possess the required skills and qualifications.
1. What is the average salary range of a Backend Developer in the USA?
The average salary range of a Backend Developer lies between $92,000 and $120,000 in the USA. However, the range may differ based on various factors like location, the experience of an individual, skills, knowledge, organization, company size, etc. Furthermore, the salary range usually increases every year.
2. Which language is used in Backend?