IHOP Hiring Age – International House of pancakes, abbreviated as Ihop, is an American multinational breakfast restaurant owned by Dine Brands Global. However, it does provide menus for lunch and dinner too. The company chain has more than 1841 stores in different locations, which are franchised, employing more than 30,000 people all over.
IHOP Hiring Age 2021
Is there a minimum age limit that has been set by the company for new candidates applying for a job at Ihop?
Yes, Minimum age of 16 years old has to be had by any interested candidate who is willing to apply at IHOP. Both full-time and part-time jobs are available for newly willing candidates and experienced candidates as well. 16 to 18 years old shall be considered for entry-level positions that would not necessarily demand experience in work. However, managerial positions do require some experience.
Besides knowing the age barrier, there is a lot of other information that you must grab before you get down to apply at Ihop directly. Here in the article below, you shall receive all the information simply by scrolling down and definitely not regretting your time invested at the end of it.
The methods of applying at Ihop has been the first necessity to mention here followed by many more,
- The online method of application submission is the best because you can edit, check, review and inquire about it all from the click of your fingers itself.
- Firstly, Visit the careers page, then trace Ihop from the displayed list of company names.
- Click on whether you want to explore the positions for a restaurant career or a corporate career.
- Once you have chosen either of the above options, you shall see many positions open up as a list.
- Explore your options by reading the general requirements of all positions and particular expectations from others, too, and then select your dreamy job and start filling in the application form, which requires your personal and professional details of identity, residence, work, birth, contact, etc.
- Applications can be printed as well, so if you think submitting an offline application at the store might be a better option, you must get going with it.
- Either way, you will have to have the patience until they reviewed all the applications that might have come in through both online and paper form. Within few days or a week, you should be contacted for the second step of the hiring process, which is the interview if and only if you have been lucky enough to have your name on the selection list with your writing skills to how you have presented yourself through the help of words.
Questions like why should we hire you?
- What does your research tell you about our company?
- How would you deal with irritated customers?
- Why do you want to serve here?
- Do you have any questions in mind for us to answer?
- How many hours can you contribute?
- Do you see yourself here until the next few years?
- Can you multitask?
- Do you panic in rush hours?
- How good will you prove yourself in teamwork?
- Can you take orders from someone younger in age but higher in position?
To mention the dress code you should follow for the interviewing session, a suggestion coming your way would be to dress in formals for managerial positions and business casuals or semi-formals for other regular positions in the restaurant. You can contact the store when you please to receive an update on your application, and they would be more than happy to help you with any information that they might have in your regard. Two weeks of orientation is followed by four to five days of training for five to seven hours each day, the best part of it is that is paid.
What hours of the day do the Ihop stores usually run?
Usually, the hours of operation differ from one place to another, but typically they remain open throughout the week 24*7. Some other timings to be checked could be from 7: 00 am in the morning to 10: 00 pm at night throughout the week. The regular hours of varied shifts range from six to eight hours each. However, the good news is that it usually never exceeds 40 hours a week for any employee and if at all it does, it is approved for overtime payments by the store manager.
How long does the entire hiring process take to hire at Ihop?
According to a report from Glassdoor Economic Research, it can take up to 23 days of time for companies to hire new candidates in the United States on average, however, at Ihop the duration of hiring should not exceed more than two weeks. Greeting co-workers and customers both is a very healthy habit to develop good relations in the work atmosphere.
What are the payment rates per hour for various positions at Ihop?
Some of the common positions and their pay rate have been mentioned below,
- An Ihop host receives $ 8 on an average for each hour of service provided by them.
- A cook is paid $ 12 on an average ranging from $ 9 to $ 15 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A restaurant manager is paid $ 13 on average, ranging from $ 9 to $ 17 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A waiter or waitress is paid $ 7 on an average ranging from $ 3 to $ 15 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A dishwasher is paid $ 9 on average, ranging from $ 8 to $ 12 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A crew chief is paid $ 13 on average, ranging from $ 8 to $ 19 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A restaurant’s general manager is paid $ 14 on an average ranging from $ 10 to $ 18 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A prep cook is paid $ 10 on an average ranging from $ 8 to $ 13 for each hour of service provided by them.
All the Payments are made on a weekly basis for all the employees to mention the day of the week specifically it is on Sundays.
What is the dress code followed by Ihop employees during their hours of work?
Redshirt, black pants, apron, black shoes, and a name tag are the Ihop employees’ predominant style. Nails cannot be beyond long, and managers of particular stores have the ultimate right to decide if the employees working there are to be allowed to have colored hair or not. Unnatural ones shall not be preferred by any chance. They are okay with tattoos and piercing unless it is not pro visible.
What are the beneficiaries offered to the employees working at Ihop?
To mention some of the most sought perks and benefits read below:
Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance which includes all sorts of surgical bills and hospital stay bills for the close family members are available to all employees. 401k retirement plans, vacations, monthly bonus programs are other areas of interest of the employees. An employee discount of the rate of 50% is offered for dine-in experience with immediate family members.