Goodwill industries international is an American non – profit organization providing job training, employment, and placement to all those members of a community who are unemployed and are seeking to serve and earn their bread. They hire veterans, individuals without education or experience. Few entry-level positions or Goodwill Hiring Age can be filled by 16-year-old applicants, while maximum positions are expected to be filled in by 18 years old.
To know more about the hiring process, the dress code of the employees, the hours of work required to be done, the benefits an employee is provided with, the responsibilities and positions of work along with the hourly pay rate, you must scroll down your screen and continue reading to stay updated in all these spheres and more.
Goodwill Hiring Age
The steps of hiring are discussed below:
- Both online and offline application methods can be used to submit an application to Goodwill industries international while seeking a job position to serve the company. However, no option of printing an application from the Goodwill industry’s international online website can be availed.
- While the online method is usually preferred, others may consider it a physical testament of greater credit.
- Being interviewed on the spot could be one of the nicest things for an in-store applicant because that reduces the hiring process’s duration to a great extent.
- Otherwise, maximum applicants shall be contacted for an interview if their application has been considered fit.
- Rest can contact the store if the duration of patiently waiting for a contact mentioned in the application process has exceeded. You can no longer sit back idle without further clarity in the information.
- Only when you answer the asked questions in the interview correctly or judiciously will your application move on to the final state, a Drug test, and background check.
- If the results come out in your favor, you will be asked to come in for Paid orientation and training and receive the job offer while discussing your pay, availability, and work schedule with the manager.
Some expected interview questions could be:
- Why did you choose to apply to our company?
- What do you know about the company?
- Have you been referred?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Can you add value to the company with your services?
- Where do you see yourself in the next few years?
- What has your previous work experience been like?
- What are your availability and salary expectation?
- How does the company fit into your career goals?
- What does customer service mean to you?
- How would you tackle this situation? ( a situational question might be asked to test your response)
It is important to prepare these basic questions and keep them ready to stand out in the interview. One must note that these are not the only questions as are leaked by the hiring team.
Also, you can prepare a list of questions to ask the team in case they approach you saying, “Do you have any questions that you would seek answers from us? Although this is highly unlikely, do grab this opportunity and show your interest, as shall be proved by your research and quickness in providing answers.
Some tips to crack the interview are as follows:
- Reach the venue ahead of the allotted time; last-minute entry creates a bad impression on your employer. It shall show you lack of punctuality and no excuses shall actually be entertained by them.
- Your cell phone should be on mute as soon as you enter the premises of the company. If you are seen being busy over the phone all the while until your turn, they might note it as a backlash for not being available at the job and being consistently busy over the phone.
- I prefer to Dress in Formals for any interview you go to, but you can also choose business casuals and look professional while having some comfort in the attire you wear.
- Once before the team of hirers, let not that tension perspire out and glow at your skin. Relax and breathe a sigh of relief. It is indeed important to keep your mind at peace to follow the questions and answer them confidently.
- Do not speak too fast to express you are in a hurry or too slow to bore the team to sleep. Keep a normal pace and regular tone when speaking.
How long does the entire hiring process take?
This is a question of many applicants about how long they will need to make a time investment for the entire process to be held. According to a report from the Glassdoor Economic Research, it takes an average of 23 days to get hired by any company in the United States, some may have a speedier hiring process and still extend to 10 days as the minimum, and some that are really laid back when hiring employees, making the applications wait for around 53 days as the maximum waiting period before hiring. The entire process could cost you a few weeks. However, patience is the key to success, so have faith and wait for your turn.
What is the variety in positions offered by the company along with their respective pay schedule?
A detailed list of positions along with the average ay range has been mentioned below:
- A cashier receives an average pay of $ 10 ranging from $ 8 to $ 12 in an hour.
- A sales associate receives an average pay of $ 9 ranging from $ 7 to $ 13 in an hour.
- A retail sales associate receives an average pay of $ 10 ranging from $ 8 to $ 13 in an hour.
- A job coach receives an average pay of $ 14 ranging from $ 11 to $ 18 in an hour.
- A retail store manager receives an average pay of $ 17 ranging from $ 12 to $ 25 in an hour.
- A retail store assistant manager receives an average pay of $ 13 ranging from $ 10 to $ 19 in an hour.
- An employment specialist receives an average pay of $ 17 ranging from $ 14 to $ 22 in an hour.
- An administrative assistant receives an average pay of $ 15 ranging from $ 10 to $ 22 in an hour.
- A material handler receives an average pay of $ 12 ranging from $ 9 to $ 16 in an hour.
What benefits attract the individuals to apply and seek employment in Goodwill industries international?
Some of the perks and benefits are:
- 20% discount on in-store purchased items.
- The chances of raises and incentives are meager.
- Education shall not be hampered for any employee because it provides tuition reimbursement, mentoring programs, and scope for individual development.
- 11 paid holidays along with two personal days.
- Vacation and sick leaves.
- Health, dental, and retirement plans.
- Flexible schedules.
- Life insurance
What are the employees expected to wear?
Plain solid colored shirt with blue-colored goodwill vest over black denim or khaki pants. Accompanying the clothes are close-toed shoes. Colored hair, tattoos, and body piercings are usually accepted at the store but may vary in particular stores at the manager’s discretion. Shorts and skirts are not preferred.