FedEx Corporation or Federal Express Corporation is an American Multinational Company (MNC) that provides the best delivery services worldwide by providing employment to more than 600,000 people and operating in more than 220 countries with its headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee. We will be discussing the FedEx Hiring Age complete guide over here in this article.
Eligibility – FedEx Hiring Age
The minimum age for applicants wishing to receive a position at FedEx is 18 years old and above. It provides both full-time and part-time opportunities to various applicants seeking entry-level employment. Some of the job opening departments are Customer Service, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Delivery.
The operational hours at FedEx from Monday to Friday are from 7: 00 am. in the morning to 11: 00 p m. at night, while on Saturdays and Sundays, the operational hours are from 9: 00 a m. in the morning to 9: 00 p m. at night. The available positions at FedEx are that of Courier, Customer Representative, Delivery Driver, Management, Package Handler, Q/A Clerk, and Safety Manager, to name a few of a lot of job opportunities.
- Interested candidates looking for Entry – level jobs can easily apply by accessing the online application form which is readily available on the company website itself.
- The applicants can search for the various jobs positions that are shown vacant and select their position of interested by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- To create a new profile with the company you need to set in your user name and password if you are applying for the first time while the ones who had already created a profile previously in association with the company hiring process can simply log in and save a lot of time while simply editing the uploaded information and cross checking the rest.
- The application form needs to be filled in with utmost care providing the correct personal information which is properly updated till the very date of applying.
- It is a seven step application process which must be totally completed for best of consideration also the profile created helps the candidates to easily apply for additional positions in the company as well.
- On uploading the resume the company sends an email to the applicants shortly after the submission of the application confirming their submission.
- Applicants who consider submitting their resume in person or via postal services must know that their chance of receiving any higher considerations is low as the company prefers the candidates to use online job portals for applying for jobs at the Company.
- Within a week or two of receiving the applications the Hiring Manager begins taking interviews and recruiting applicants accordingly.
- If an applicant does not receive a call for interview, they may go to their created Profile and update their resume for further information.
- The applicants are advised to wear business casuals for the interviews and come prepared with certain questions that could be asked during the interview like:
- Why do you want to work at FedEx?
- Could you give a few reasons as to why the company should hire you at FedEx?
- Describe a situation where you had to make a difficult decision.
- The candidates that are hired attend various training programs or courier school before getting onto the delivery routines.
- The applicants at FedEx undergo mandatory Background Checks, Drugs Testing and Medical Examinations as well prior to their employment. The company may hire people with previous felony charges or convictions as well after taking in consideration the type of crime committed by them and their progress towards self – improvement. However they are not given any high posts.
The employees at FedEx have a uniform depending on their job titles. For example, the FedEx Package Handler is provided with a shirt. In contrast, the Courier delivery person is provided with a uniform consisting of a FedEx shirt, jacket, or hoodie and black or blue pants. Some other accessories required for various jobs are Gloves, Steel Toe Boots, and Earring Protections.
Some of the benefits that the FedEx employees enjoy are as follows:
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plans
- Travel Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Work Life Balance Program
- Reduced Shipping Rates
A detailed chart showing the various pay rates of the employees at FedEx has been mentioned below,
- A Courier or Messenger at FedEx on an average receives $ 21 which falls under the range of $ 17 to $ 28 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A Package Handler at FedEx on an average receives $ 14 which falls under the range of $ 12 to $ 17 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A Delivery Driver at FedEx on an average receives $ 20 which falls under the range of $ 13 to $ 30 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A Material Handler at FedEx on an average receives $ 15 which falls under the range of $ 12 to $ 19 for each hour of service provided by them.
- An Operations Manager at FedEx on an average receives $ 20 which falls under the range of $ 14 to $ 30 for each hour of service provided by them.
- An Operations Administrator at FedEx on an average receives $ 17 which falls under the range of $ 13 to $ 22 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A Customer Service Representative (CSR) at FedEx on an average receives $ 16 which falls under the range of $ 12 to $ 22 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A Maintenance Technician at FedEx on an average receives $ 24 which falls under the range of $ 16 to $ 38 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A Customer Service Agent at FedEx on an average receives $ 19 which falls under the range of $ 13 to $ 27 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A Warehouse Material Handler on FedEx at an average receives $ 15 which falls under the range of $ 11 to $ 20 for each hour of service provided by them.
- An Electronics Technician at FedEx on an average receives $ 20 which falls under the range of $ 13 to $ 30 for each hour of service provided by them.
- An Operations Team Leader at FedEx on an average receives $ 18 which falls under the range of $ 12 to $ 27 for each hour of service provided by them.
- A Package Handler at FedEx performs most of the physical work like picking up packages, loading them onto the delivery truck, sorting them for delivery and operating heavy machinery such as trucks, conveyer belts and forklifts hence, they must have good communication and hearing skills to deal with the extra noise. They undergo training regarding the knowledge of a workplace safety regulation as they deal mostly in the heavy machinery. Proper background check and drug screening tests are done before hiring. The primary job includes successful transfer and delivery of the goods to the desired location.
- A Customer Representative does not require any prior job experience, just a high school diploma and a little computer knowledge is essential along with the readiness to work on weekends and holidays favors them for the job. Their main task is to communicate with the customer regarding their inquiries about the products and services, pricing, delivery and supplies via the phone.
- A Courier represents the company’s reputation in a professional manner and deals with pickups and dropping of packages. Some of their duties may include operating vans, performing heavy lifting, inspecting the packages, answering customer questions and ensuring completion of paperwork.
- The Management job hires candidates with High School diploma with at least a years’ experience. They perform important jobs such as supervising the team, providing training, setting interview applications, scheduling shipments and tending to administrative duties like ordering inventory and resolving customer issues in some cases.