Braum’s ice cream and dairy store is a family-owned restaurant chain in Tuttle. Braum’s has fresh market stores, restaurants, and a farm at Tuttle. It has approximately 300 restaurants located across America in a 300m radius from the Tuttle farm and these outlets operate between 6 am to 10:45 pm daily. The Fresh Market offers fresh groceries from the Tuttle farm. Braum’s also offers a tour of the farm to visitors. In this article, we’ll know about Braum’s Hiring Age.
At Braum’s, there are various departments and several available career positions. For each career position, there is an acceptable minimum age requirement. This age requirement is independent of years of experience and is strictly adhered to when employing staff in the organization.
Typically, across the organization, for junior roles, individuals that are a minimum of 16 years old are employed, mid-level management roles have a minimum age requirement of 18 years and senior management roles have a minimum age requirement of 21 years. However, some junior roles may require possible candidates to be a minimum of 21 years due to the required licensure (CDL drivers). Other factors asides from age are put into consideration before an individual is given a role. Factors such as relevant experience and education; where necessary, are also considered.
Hiring Age for Jobs at Braum’s
Available careers at Braum’s and their minimum age requirement include:
- Agriculture Careers: Braum’s is renowned for providing their own dairy needs fresh from the Tuttle farm. These positions are available at the farm and most roles require the candidates to have previous experience whilst other roles do not.
- Calf Feeder: Responsible for overseeing the routine care and feeding of dairy cattle on the farm. The position is available for entry-level and experienced hands. The minimum age requirement for this role is 16 years.
- Milker: A milker is responsible for bringing cows from the pen to the milking parlor according to the farm procedures. This position is available for individuals skilled at handling cows and at a minimum age requirement of 16 years.
- Nutritionist: Formulating diets and analyzing nutritional deficiency. This is a skilled and experienced role with no minimum age requirement. However, nutritionists are typically above 21 years.
- Veterinarian: The veterinarian is responsible for examining, diagnosing, and treating livestock. This is also a skilled and experienced role with no minimum age requirement. However, veterinarians are typically above 21 years.
- Assistant Dairy Farm Supervisor: The assistant farm supervisor is responsible for assisting the farm supervisor with the daily operations of the farm. This is a skilled role with a minimum age requirement of 21 years.
- Dairy Farm Supervisor: The farm supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the farm. This is a skilled role with a minimum age requirement of 21 years.
- In-Store & Operations Careers: Braum’s has over 300 locations nationwide and with different operations staff consisting of the following:
- Quick Service Crew Member/Counter Help: This position is majorly a part-time position although full-time hours exist. Crew members are responsible for taking customer orders, preparing orders, and ensuring workstations are clean. The minimum age requirement for this role is 16 years.
- Cashiers: Cashiers are responsible for placing food orders in appropriate boxes, accepting payments, and giving appropriate change in cases of cash transactions. The minimum age requirement for this role is 16 years.
- Cooks: This role is also a skilled and experienced role with no set minimum age requirement. However, cooks are typically above 18 years.
- Shift Supervisor: A shift supervisor is an individual responsible for a particular shift in a day. Shift supervisors usually have previous work experience and are typically a minimum of 21 years old.
- Assistant Manager: This is a senior management role in every outlet and assistant managers are usually a minimum of 21 years old. The job responsibility of the assistant manager is to oversee the entire operations of the outlet and assist the general manager on assigned tasks as well as teach and train store crew members.
- General Manager/Restaurant Manager: General managers at Braum’s have a minimum of three-five years’ experience and are a minimum of 21 years old. They oversee Braum’s food service function, grocery market, and fountain sales.
- Manufacturing Careers: Braum’s itself produces all its dairy and baked goods products. Staff operating in this department are trained on Braum’s recipes and preparation procedures. Goods produced and packaged include ice cream, cottage cheese, frozen treats, yogurts, butter, bread, cookies, and cake items. Some available positions include:
- Bakery Laborer: Assist in the production of baked goods. Usually, no prior experience is required for this role and the minimum age requirement is 16 years.
- Baker: Responsible for the production of all baked goods in the bakery or factory. This role requires a significant amount of previous experience and bakers are typically a minimum of 18 years.
- Mixer: A mixer operates and tends to machines that mix materials or ingredients for production. Prior experience of mixing ingredients on a large scale is required for this role and the minimum age requirement is 18 years.
- Machinist: This individual must be able to take precise measurements for cutting and shaping metal parts or products and must be skilled in using machine tools. The minimum age for this role is 18 years.
- Ice Cream Freezer Stocker: Responsible for stocking ice cream in designated places. The minimum age for this role is 16 years.
- Industrial Maintenance Technician: This role requires a significant amount of expertise and experience. Individuals in this role are typically a minimum of 21 years old.
- Dairy Plant Production Supervisor: A dairy plant supervisor is the individual responsible for monitoring and ensuring quality control of all dairy products in the plant. Supervisors usually have previous work experience and are typically a minimum of 21 years old.
- Bakery Production Supervisor: A bakery supervisor is an individual responsible for monitoring the entire production process of all baked goods in the bakery. This role also ensures quality control and compliance. Bakery supervisors usually have previous work experience and are typically a minimum of 21 years old.
- Maintenance Careers
Some available positions in the maintenance department include:
- HVAC Technician: Responsible for servicing, repairing, and maintaining all HVAC systems. Individuals in this role are typically a minimum of 18 years old and have a significant amount of previous experience.
- Route Maintenance Technician: Individuals in this role are typically a minimum of 18 years old and have a significant amount of previous experience. This associate is responsible for carrying out general maintenance tasks ranging from carpentry to minor plumbing repairs.
- HVAC & Maintenance Supervisor: Individuals in this role are typically a minimum of 21 years old. Asides from the supervisory qualities, individuals in this role must have adequate knowledge of HVAC and route maintenance.
- Transportation Careers
Positions available include:
- CDL Driver: A commercial driver’s license is required for this role. Individuals in this role must be a minimum of 21 years.
- Mechanic-Refrigerated Trailers: Responsible for maintaining diesel trucks and refrigerated trailers. Individuals in this role must have previous experience providing a similar service and must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Construction Careers: Braum’s has a few positions available for experienced construction workers. These positions are not full-time roles and some of these positions include:
- Construction Worker/Equipment Operator
- Construction Laborers
For both positions, the minimum age of employment is 16 years.
- Administrative & Management Positions: Existing senior management and administrative positions at Braum’s are skilled positions available for individuals with significant years of experience in the appropriate field. Administrative and senior management positions available include:
- Administrative Assistant: Individuals in this role are a minimum of 16 years old.
- District Manager: Individuals in this role are responsible for 6-8 stores in a district ensuring all goals to achieve the company’s objectives are met. A minimum of 3 years of restaurant or retail management experience is needed. Ideal candidates are a minimum of 21 years old.
- Area Operations Manager: Responsible for directly supervising 4 district managers and indirectly supervising 28 stores. This individual trains and coaches district managers and store managers as well as maximizing sales. Minimum age of 21 years and 3 years of restaurant management experience is required for this role.
Braum offers competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. The age requirement serves as a guideline for individuals considering a career at Braum’s.
- Can I get a job at Braum’s at 14?
At this point, Braum’s does not have a position that employs individuals under the age of 16 years.
- I turn 21 in 10 months; can I apply as a district manager?
No. The District manager position is only available to individuals who are of 21 years or above.
- I do not meet the minimum age requirement but I do not have experience, can I apply?
Anyone can apply to work at Braum’s, however, only candidates that meet the minimum age requirement will be considered for the role.