AMC Theatre Hiring Age – American multi-cinema (AMC) is the largest movie theatre chain, not only in the US but in the entire world, employing more than four thousand (4000) full-time employees and thirty-five thousand (35,000) part-time employees based on Equal Employment Opportunity spread across 300 different setups in varied locations.
AMC Theatre Hiring Age
The age criteria for being hired at AMC Theatre are mentioned below:
- Employment is open to young applicants who fall within the range of 14 years to 17 years of age, depending on the number of hours they are available to work only after receiving work permits from their school authorities and local government.
- They are considered for entry-level positions and need no prior experience to be given a position at the company store.
- However, none below the age of 14 shall be permitted to work under any circumstances as it shall be held a crime.
- 18 years of age and above is the requirement for all other major and minor positions in the company store with or without experience.
What is the procedure for getting hired at AMC theatre?
- One can avail the online sources to download the application form, fill it up and then submit it at the nearest store location or send the application by online means itself.
- You shall have to perform an online assessment to prove your capability and stand strong before seeking applicants for the same position.
- One must note that printable applications are not an option to rely upon.
- Once your application has been reviewed, you may be scheduled for a call interview if your application details meet the criteria of their need else not.
- After you pass the phone interview, you shall be considered for the in-person interview.
- Some of the basic questions that tend to come up in some way or the other are:
- Why are you here with us today?
- Tell us about your greatest fear?
- Where do you see yourself in the next few years?
- Does the idea of working at Amc Theatre excite you?
- Is the job your passion or financial need?
- Ensure you don’t speak a lot or too little either; it just needs to be to the point.
- Dressing appropriately for the interview is another crucial thing that must be kept in mind. Reaching the venue not just on time but a little before your scheduled meeting to relax and prepare yourself is also important.
- You can contact the store to receive an update on your application if there is an unmentionable delay and they did not get back to you within the mentioned dates.
- They have a system of waving flags at the application. A red flag means you have failed the first step of the application itself, while yellow and green suggest you wait for further steps. This shall be open to view when logged in to the portal that shall be created when sending in an online application.
- There is a paid training and orientation to make you feel more comfortable in your work premises, the duration of which varies as per the position of work you have pitched in yourself for.
- There is no provision for a drug test to be conducted on an applicant seeking employment.
- However, a background check is a must to assess your clear image that your resume has portrayed.
- One good thing about the company stores is that they hire felons as well but not before going through all the details and questioning in a step-by-step manner.
- The entire hiring process takes a week or three at maximum.
To answer all your queries about the operational hours at the store, the hours expected to be contributed and number of shifts at AMC Theatre, continue reading
- Monday to Saturday, the stores of AMC Theatre usually function from 12 noon to 12 midnight, and on Sundays, they are operational from 12 noon to 9 pm.
- An employee, on average, must contribute 30 hours of work per week.
- The shifts could be 5 hours long on weekdays and range up to 8 hours on weekends. One shall receive a great amount of flexibility in choosing their schedule, so there should not be any pressure for that part.
What are the various perks and benefits of working there?
There are several things to keep in mind before applying and wanting to stay for a long time at AMC Theatre such as are highlighted right below,
- Employees are given free movie passes with popcorn and soda
- Paid Sick Leaves and Paid Holidays,
- Life Insurance,
- Disability Insurance,
- Casual dressing at work
- Along with flexibility in working hours
- Annual scholarships are also provided by the company so that if any employee needs financial aid, they may apply for a scholarship.
Guests can bring in bottled water along with them without any hassle, unlike other theatres where it is strictly prohibited. However, you cannot bring in your food.
The hourly rates of various positions on an average are mentioned below:
- A Cashier is paid $ 9 on average, ranging from $ 7 to $ 11 for every hour of work.
- A Bartender is paid $ 8 on average, ranging from $ 4 to $ 15 for every hour of work.
- A Theatre manager is paid $ 13 on average, ranging from $ 10 to $ 20 for every hour of work.
- A Crew leader is paid $ 9 on average, ranging from $ 7 to $ 13 for every hour of work.
All the Payments are made every two weeks.
A cashier is primarily responsible for dealing with customers in the front line. They offer their warm greetings to the customers in the queue, answering their questions on the show timings, movies available, payment methods, running offers, and refreshments combos. They need to print the tickets of the customer’s appropriately in number and name and check the amount due accurately to avoid all sorts of discretion. They must smile on their face to ensure a pleasant experience, with politeness in tone and patience in spirit.
What is the dressing criterion of an AMC theatre employee?
No jeans are allowed at the store, but one can wear black slacks and any color of socks and shirts that the company itself provides. One can enjoy their hair length, color, and style unless it does not affect the working atmosphere in any way. Visible tattoos are not preferred, so either they should not be visible or not present at all.
AMC theatres are not closed on any holidays, owing to the traffic it shall have on those days specifically thus business shall be made a win win situation.
Also read Staples Hiring Age 2021 – Staples Job Opportunities