Kroger has a long-standing history that is dated back to the year 1883, when the founder, Barney Kroger found his passion in opening a grocery store. He put all his savings in a small store, located at 66 Pearl Street, Cincinnati. let’s get to know about Kroger Headquarters & Locations.
After about 14 decades, Kroger is still existing, and it has up 2,726 stores in 35 states of America. Kroger’s annual sales are estimated at around $132.5 billion. Innovation is one of the core values at Kroger.
Where is Kroger Headquarters?
Kroger’s corporate head office is located at 1014 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202-1100. Kroger was first established in Cincinnati, Ohio, and the company’s global head office remained in Cincinnati ever since.
Kroger Stores Per States with Associates Numbers
|S/n||State||Number of Stores||Number Of Associates|
Note: Data for other locations are not available for our use
10 Cities with Highest Numbers of Kroger Stores
|S/n||City||Number of Stores|
Kroger Divisional Locations in America
|1||Atlanta||3155 Royal Dr. Suite 100, Atlanta.|
|2.||Indianapolis||5960 Castle way West Drive, Indianapolis.|
|3.||Cincinnati, Ohio||150 Tri-County Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio.|
|4.||Columbus, Ohio||4111 Executive Pkwy, Westerville, Ohio|
|5.||Phoenix, Arizona||500 S. 99th Ave., Tolleson, Arizona|
|6.||Indiana||900 A. Avenue Seymour, Indiana|
|7.||Tennessee||800 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis, Tennessee|
|8.||Columbus||4111 Executive Pkwy, Westerville, Ohio|
|9.||California||1100 W. Artesia Blvd. Compton, California|
|10.||Portland, Oregon||3800 S.E. 22nd Ave. Portland, Oregon|
|11.||Colorado||65 Tejon St. P.O. Box 5567, Denver, Colorado|
|12||Kentucky||1600 Ormsby Station Court, Louisville, Kentucky|
|13||Michigan||40399 Grand River Road, Suite 110, Novi, Michigan|
|14.||Virginia||140 East shore Drive, Suite 300, Glen Allen, Virginia|
|15.||Tennessee||2620 Elm Hill Pike, Nashville, Tennessee.|
|16.||Washington||10116 NE 8th Street, Bellevue, Washington|
|17.||California – Division II||1100 W. Artesia Blvd. Compton, California|
|18||Wisconsin||875 E. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
|19.||Utah||1550 South Redwood Rd., Salt Lake City, Utah|
|20.||Houston Dallas||19245 David Memorial Drive, Shenandoah, Texas751 Freeport Pkwy, Coppell, Texas|
Each of these divisions has a number of the areas they cover and are responsible for. Let’s look at them one after the other.
- The Atlanta division is responsible for the operation in Atlanta, Savannah, and Augusta. All are located in Georgia.
- Indianapolis division is responsible for the operations in Peoria Illinois, South Bend,
- Cincinnati, Ohio division is responsible for the operations in Cincinnati, and Dayton,
- Columbus division is responsible for the operations in Columbus, and Toledo.
- Phoenix Arizona division is responsible for the operations in Phoenix, and Tucson.
- Tennessee division is responsible for the operations in Memphis in Tennessee, Little Rock in Arkansas, and Jackson in Mississippi.
- Portland division is responsible for the operations in Portland Oregon, and Seattle Washington
- California division I is responsible for the operations in Los Angeles, California, Las Vegas Nevada, and Chicago, Illinois
- The Colorado division is responsible for the operations in Denver, and Colorado Springs.
- The Kentucky division is responsible for the operations in Louisville, and Lexington.
- The Michigan division is responsible for the operations in Detroit, Lansing, and Flint.
- Virginia division is responsible for the operation in Charleston, Richmond, and Roanoke.
Kroger is a big grocery, and retail company with several departments. Some of the departments include health, beauty products, cosmetics, Manufacturing, Engineering products, store supplies, Deli food, Information system, management, seafood, and so on.
Kroger has been established over the years to operate under 28 different names including, Pick n save, QFC, Bakers, Fred Meyer Jewelers, City Market, 8451, Harris Teeters, Gerbes, Dillons, Food4Less, Foods Co, and so on.
Kroger was established in the year 1883 by Bernard Kroger who was then a 23-year-old man. Kroger believed in his vision, and he bet all his life savings of $372 to open a small grocery store in downtown Cincinnati. In less than 14 decades, the company has emerged to almost 2800 stores in all 35 states of the United States of America.
It’s one of the largest retail stores in America with more than 460,000 employees. The 2020 revenue is estimated at $132.5 billion. Today, Kroger has about 28 subsidiary names under which it operates.
The Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is Kroger headquarters Located?
Kroger head office is located at 1014 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202-1100. From here, the activities and operations of the remaining over 2,800 store locations that spread in almost 35 states in America are coordinated.
- Do Kroger Store Locations Promote Internal Competitions?
Yes. In Kroger, two or more stores located in the same city or locality are allowed to have friendly internal competitions. That is, you can look at what other locations are doing and duplicate the system inside your store. This system has worked well for Kroger associates.
- Can I Work in More than One Location at the Same Time?
Not likely. No worker at one store can be employed to work in another store at the same. However, if your help is needed in another store, you might be transferred to work in that particular store. Whether you’re paid for the work done in this new store is left to the discretion of the manager in charge and the management at large.