An American retail corporation , the eighth-largest company in the USA , and an S & P 500 Index component are known as Target Corporations. The corporation has two founding dates due to the difference in the establishment of Target as a corporation in 1902 (118 years) and stores in January of 1962. The founders are George Dayton and John Geisse , respectively. Target sells almost all products ranging from beauty to electronics , including jewelry, furniture, pet supplies, footwear, small electronics, games, garden necessities, etc. In this article, we will be discussing the Target Dress Code Policy comlplete guide for you.
Target Dress Code Policy
Although Target doesn’t have a proper uniform, they have a pattern of clothes that should be worn. The cloth pattern is that you should wear khaki pants or a skirt and a plain red t-shirt. This only applies to the people who work at stores and directly contact the customer, like the cashiers, who help find things, the manager, etc. The people who work at the corporate sector of Target can wear formal clothes which are decent and appropriate. Having a proper dress code has become a new trend because they help people to distinguish between the employees and the customer. It also helps in maintaining proper decorum within the store and helps in creating uniformity among the employees. It also helps in creating a good and healthy work environment.
Store Dress Code
The dress code of Target consists of a red shirt, polo, or any other clothing like a t-shirt, hoodies, or sweaters. They have to wear khaki pants, skirts, or shorts, depending upon elegance. The movement shouldn’t be restricted and allow freeness in working. The red upper wear should not have any logos, designs, or graphics. It should be plain red, and the footwears are non-slippery shoes. They do not provide a uniform because they don’t restrict the employees except for color and khaki. The khaki is also an exemption for some stores as they allow jeans that are classy and adequate for work.
Corporate Dress Code
As stated above, the corporate sector of Target does not have any dress code. They can normally wear what they want depending on the kind of day they have at the company. They can either wear jeans and a polo shirt, shirt, or a sweatshirt, depending on the client you would be dealing with. But on an important day or a meeting, they are more likely to wear a suit, classy jeans and pair it up with a blazer. Some days they also prefer to wear Target t-shirts given voluntarily and can be worn together to show uniformity. Otherwise, red upper wear alongside a khaki is always famous and in-trend even at the headquarters.
Seasonal Jobs at Target
The seasonal job at Target happens two times a year and may vary from store to store according to the area. It may be in the summer break or winter break as an internship. The jobs of the seasonal worker may vary from place to place and the need of the hour. Due to the downfall of the season, the jobs are very few and filled by full-time, part-time workers like during the pandemic. Still, most of the time, there are ample opportunities in the seasons. The job can be a floor sale manager, cashier, backroom worker, or maybe a more hardworking truck loader, truck emptier, storage manager, etc. According to the working hours, the pay of the jobs and most starts from $15 per hour. The safety of all the people is essential for the target. Therefore, they provide all the measures for your safety and others’ protection. Some of them include:-
- Provision of masks and sanitizers.
- Regular cleaning and sanitizing.
- Service desks so that not only one of them is crowded.
- Partitions for the check lanes and cashier.
- Donation for the covid affected patients
You may apply for these jobs on their official website.
The average full-time job is more than forty hours. The forty-hour mark has to be crossed to avail the benefits of working at target and the employee program. Even if you work for twenty hours, you get a paycheck and paid off, and other benefits are not provided. For thirty-plus hours you get the dental check-up, insurance, and some other benefits depending upon the environment you live in. When the mark is reached, the employees can also work overtime in place of the absence of some other colleague or sick leaves. The overtime is paid according to the hourly salary system only. A policy is also there, enabling the employee to work 12 hour overtime in case of absence or the season being at its peak. The major benefit of working at Target is their two-day holiday and some extra leaves. The extra leaves are of Thanksgiving and Christmas, which previously also included New Year and Halloween. But this year, due to the pandemic, Target didn’t pay for the national leaves.
There are various jobs which are provided by target. Some of them are really high paid compared to other jobs, but all of them pay higher than the same jobs at other places. Some of the jobs, along with their pays, are as follows:
- Sr. Engineering Manager: There are many jobs for the post of senior manager in the different fields since it is a big corporation. The fields include merchandising automation, fulfillment, design execution, digital fulfill ATP, developer experience, and others. The salary may vary from $200K-$250K to $100K -$150K to even $80K – $100K depending on the job description to job experience.
- Lead Engineer: The job of a lead engineer varies from department to experience. A lead engineer may get an average maximum of $150K to a minimum of $80K depending upon the description and quality of the work you do. Some of the departments which require a lead engineer are AI scientist, software developer, functions manager, Nosql expert, the chain of supply and stores, etc.
- Principal Engineers: Almost all the departments require a principal engineer to develop and grow. Most of them come directly under the senior manager and are paid well. The fields are operation management, brand manager, accounts payable, analysis, developer, etc. They might get a salary of $150K – $200K again depending on the location they work along with the environment and workload.
There are many other jobs available at Target which are highly paid and very feasible for working. They include jobs like merchandise manager, operation expert, design expert, design manager, etc. They are also well-paid jobs and pay similar to lead engineers and sometimes more again depending upon the size and culture of the shop.
- Other on-Store Jobs: Other jobs include jobs like cashier, chauffeur, waiter, cleaner. These are the employees that are kept on a full-time and part-time basis. Some of them are paid biweekly whereas the manager is paid on a salary basis. The weekly payment is done according to the hours you worked. The working hours may vary from 3-5 hours for fresher or part-time workers who are employed in case of need or when the load is increased to 40 plus hours for the permanent workers. Their hourly salaries vary from $10-$15 per hour which is an adequate salary at the starting stage.
Why the name Target?
The company changed many names from naming Goodfellow Dry Goods to Dayton-Hudson corporation after the merger. The first target was established in 1962 in Roseville, Minnesota. While in Dayton corporation, an idea was developed about selling retail goods at discounted prices, which became a great success. The name Target, as many people think, was given because it was like a target at the middle and lower-middle-class who preferred something discounted over the costly goods. In January 2000, around 977 stores in 46 states made an economy of around $29.7 billion, powered by other parent corporations like Dayton’s, Hudson’s, Mervyn’s, and others. The target consists of two types of stores, i.e., Target and Super target, which were similar yet different in many ways. Target initially only had a Starbucks counter with its partnership but later on, extended in groceries. The super target has many pantries, which are divided into different kinds of groceries. Unlike at the beginning, they preferred bigger stores to include all other things that were lacking in the smaller and older stores.
Does Target pay weekly?
The answer to the question of does Target pays weekly is no. Target pays every two weeks or biweekly. The week mostly starts from Saturday and ends on it. The payment is processed on the following Friday. Although they do not keep the full amount first payroll, it depends on your hiring week. If your hiring week is of the paying week, then you might get in two weeks. Otherwise, you might have to wait a week more. This ensures regular pay and easy maintenance of the database of the paid employees by HR. The mode of payment for the employees is direct. Their paycheck is transferred to their bank accounts and does not have to go through the cash system, which is tiresome and complicated. This system of payment helps in saving a large amount and ensuring a proper flow of money. Working at Target is a great opportunity to start within the starting days because of their employee policy and the benefits. They also have a great scope of improving and moving higher. Maybe at this stage, you are working at a store and studying, but in the future, you may apply for corporate jobs that are more highly paid.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best job to start with?
According to the research, being a cashier is a great job to start with because the skills needed are far less, and you can also learn it in the training of two days. After the training, you are monitored and checked.
- Does Target keep our first paycheck?
Target doesn’t keep the first payroll, and you are paid in the salary week, so maybe it will come late because you were hired in the first week.
- Are their jobs highly paid?
Although this question is a bit complicated to answer, mostly their jobs pay higher for the role than most of the other corporations’ same job posts.