Postmates is an Uber-owned American fast-trade and food supply company that delivers food prepared in the restaurant and other products locally. Postmates was opened in 2011. The service relies on mobiles to match inventory and customer needs. Uber announced on 6 July 2020 that it will buy US$2.65 billion in postmates. Uber announced that the deal was finalized on December 1, 2020. Here is the complete guide of Postmates Careers.
Postmates facilitates anyone to deliver anything on request. Postmates are transforming how goods move around the cities. Postmates groundbreaking Urban Logistics system connects consumers with local courier services that can supply anything in minutes from any business or restaurant. Considering a career in the logistic sector in the US? Then you can apply for different positions at Postmates by filling out an application online. Normally, applicants with little or no experience are being hired for entry-level positions.
Job Description– Postmates Careers
Postmates selects applicants based on their experience and personal skills. They do not discriminate on one’s gender, sex, nationality, race, or religion. They provide a level playing ground for applicants from different social statuses. However, they must exhibit credible and confident characteristics and skills that are valuable in the logistics industry. Below are job opportunities offered at Postmates:
- Senior Software Engineer
In general, a senior software engineer must work with a team of software developers and coordinate them to create information systems on websites or other software packages. Thus, a senior software engineer should be prepared to deal with a wide range of tasks at one time and handle various and serious tasks.
Below are the duties of a Senior Software Engineer:
- Translate business specifications and develop a customer-based or company-based software architecture and design.
- To establish the necessary codes and maintain the confidentiality of all data and codes by using applications, tools, and other resources.
- To screen, recruit and train project personnel or a number of engineers
- Stay informed, substantiate developed software, and debug codes on the newest technologies and solutions.
- Document the software developed and test it before transferring it and keep a schedule for delivery of the program developed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, web development or engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Develop a curiosity for learning
- Ability to stay informed in the software engineering community
- Call Centre Representative
Inbound and outbound calling for the organization are handled by a telephone representative. They take care of customer inquiries, handle complaints and inform consumers about the new products and services of the company. They are usually known as a contact center representative, a customer sales representative, or a telemarketing representative. In addition, you can become a telephone center manager, a director for customer service, or a business manager.
Below are the duties of a Call center Representative:
- Consumer complaints will be received and resolved through multiple communication channels
- Offer customer support in accordance with procedures and an excellent customer experience
- Education of clients on the products and services of an organization
- Complete a request for a customer, storage and maintain information in a database
- recognize a chance to sell or re-sell other products and services
- Guide your callers through troubleshooting, website navigation, or the use of products or services
- Customer or account holders check, update, shipment, guarantees, and other account information
- Work with other professional call centers to improve customer service
- Help training and information of new employees on company customer management policies
- Strong written and vocal communication
- Excellent effective listening abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building abilities
- A patient and empathic demeanor
- Time management and organizing skills are essential.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Working in a fast-paced atmosphere is a natural fit for you.
- Depending on the profession and industry, basic or expert troubleshooting skills are required.
- Computer literacy
- Phone abilities, such as expertise with multi-line or sophisticated phone networks
- Knowledge of a company’s products and/or services in-depth
- Expertise in the field of customer services in which they specialize, such as accounts, sales, technical support, or another
- Delivery Driver
The primary responsibility of a delivery driver is to deliver products to end consumers or retailers within a particular period of time. Everything you purchase, from supplies to a nice vehicle, will have been delivered by a delivery driver to the store or showroom. However, the job entails more than simply transporting items from one location to another, and it may be a fascinating vocation.
Below are the duties of a delivery driver:
- Loading, conveying, and delivery of products on behalf of a variety of customers.
- Roads including the planning of key stops, traffic avoidance, and minimization of delays
- Knowledge of all legislation concerned
- Use a number of cars, motorcycles, trucks, conveyors, and forklift trucks.
- Documentation preparation and completion to ensure proper documentation of every consignment
- Transactions for the items delivered are accepted.
- To provide excellent customer service, answer questions, and process customer complaints.
- Follow the time schedules and the routes assigned.
- Compliance with all transport laws and safe conduct.
- Preparation of delivery reports and other documents.
- Machinery and equipment like cars, trucks, forklift trucks, etc
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- A legitimate driving license approved by the state in which you plan to work is required.
- The driving record is spotless.
- Certain cars may require special licenses to operate.
- It’s possible that prior experience is required or desired.
- Availability to follow designated routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation rules.
- Time management and customer service abilities are essential.
- Ability to walk, drive, lift, and carry large objects for long periods of time.
- Attention to detail
- Driver’s Mate
Driver’s mate accompanies truck drivers as they deliver a variety of commodities. They assist the driver in loading and unloading merchandise from the van. They are also known as driver’s aides or delivery assistants.
Below are the duties of a driver’s mate:
- assisting in the loading of items into vans for delivery to consumers
- ensuring that the products are properly loaded and will not move or be damaged during transit
- By reading maps or utilizing satellite navigation (satnav) software, we can help you identify the optimal route for your trip.
- directing the van driver to reverse and park the van, unloading the items, and taking them into the customer’s business or residence
- obtaining signatures at the point of delivery (POD), and maybe accepting payment or orders
- In certain circumstances, this includes constructing or installing furniture or other equipment on the job site.
- assisting in the vehicle’s cleaning
- An excellent general education, as well as a respectable level in English and mathematics, is beneficial.
- A basic understanding of automobile mechanics can be beneficial.
- To lift huge loads, you must be physically fit.
- A valid driver’s license is desired and frequently necessary. To be eligible for a driver’s license, you must be 17 years old
- Registered Nurse
Registered nurse’s essential role is to administer and organize care for patients, inform patients and the public at large regarding numerous health concerns, and counsel patients and their families. The duties and titles of registered nurses are frequently determined by where they work and the patients they assist. Most registered nurses collaborate with physicians and other healthcare professionals as part of a team. Licensed practical nurses, nursing assistants, and home health aides are all under the supervision of registered nurses.
Below are the duties of a registered nurse:
- Examine the health of the patients.
- Keep track of the medical history and symptoms of your patients.
- Observe patients and keep track of your findings.
- Administer medications and treatments to patients.
- Create or contribute information to current patient care plans.
- Assist in the execution of diagnostic tests and the analysis of the results
- Maintain and operate medical equipment
- In nursing, you can get a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Pass the NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses).
- A current state license as a registered nurse is required, as well as BLS certification.
- BLS/CPR/ACLS certification from the American Heart Association
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and hospital personnel.
- Computer literacy is required.
- The attitude that is both professional and friendly
- Home health care experience is a plus.
- Working in an emergency room or in intensive care is a plus
- Home Health Aide
Home health aides provide specialized care for people who are sick, elderly, or disabled. They assist patients by delivering medications, taking temperatures, and assessing breathing and pulse rates. They are frequently supervised by medical professionals such as a trained nurse.
Below are the duties of a home health aide:
- Assisting patients in putting on and taking off their clothes
- Providing care and assistance to patients with bathing and cleaning
- accompanying people to their doctor’s appointments
- Supervising the administration of medications to patients who have been prescribed
- Assist patients at home with their day-to-day housekeeping responsibilities
- A high school diploma is required.
- Transport that is dependable.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- A criminal background check must be passed.
- It is necessary to be able to produce references.
- Working with little or no supervision is a plus.
- The ability to understand and follow written and oral directions.
- Maintain proper personal hygiene.
- Possessing the ability to perform light housekeeping
- Administrative Assistant
Administrative assistants are in charge of assisting management and staff and dealing with clients and visitors to the office. An administrative assistant primarily assists in the overall efficiency and organization of an office or firm by performing clerical responsibilities. These experts may specialize in a specific field, such as the legal field. Secretaries, administrative experts, and administrative coordinators are all terms used to describe administrative assistance.
Below are the duties of an administrative assistant:
- Visitors to the office will be greeted and assisted.
- Answering phones and directing calls to the correct person
- Setting up meetings, managing incoming and outgoing mail and emails, and editing papers are just a few of the tasks that you’ll be responsible for on a regular basis.
- Meetings and interviews are scheduled.
- Reporting, inventory management, and bookkeeping are all duties that need to be completed
- Filing, preparing reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and restocking equipment are examples of office tasks.
- By booking meetings and avoiding conflicts, we can provide real-time scheduling support.
- Booking flights, renting automobiles, and arranging hotel and restaurant reservations are all examples of travel plans.
- Phone calls are screened and routed to the relevant person.
- Producing reports, transcribing meeting minutes, creating presentations, and conducting research using computers.
- Visitors should be greeted and assisted.
- Communicate politely and professionally via phone, e-mail, and letter.
- Anticipate the needs of others to provide a smooth and enjoyable experience for them
- An associate’s degree in a comparable discipline is required.
- Previous administrative experience is required.
- Excellent computer abilities, particularly in the area of typing.
- Attention to detail
- It’s possible that being multilingual is a plus or a requirement.
- Desire to be proactive and help others have a pleasant experience
Benefits of Working at Postmates
- Dental Insurance Coverage
- Employee Discount
- Health Care Insurance Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance Coverage
Application Process of Postmates Careers
Those interested in applying online can do so by filling out a Postmates employment application form on the company’s website. They might then contact the company to inquire about their situation. Depending on authorization, most people receive a response within a few days or weeks. Prospective hires may be subjected to a background check by the organization. When filling out a Postmates application, entry-level applicants should include any driving experience. This will help in the hiring process.
|Senior Software Engineer||21|
|Call Centre Representative||18|
|Home Health Aide||18|
Salary for Postmates Careers
|Senior Software Engineer||$ 173,384 per annum|
|Call Centre Representative||$24.96 per hour|
|Deliver Driver||$16.28 per hour|
|Driver’s Mate||$48,569 per annum|
|Registered Nurse||$22.67 per hour|
|Home Health Aide||$22.61 per hour|
|Administrative Assistant||$25.00 per hour|