There is not a person in this world who has not heard about the popular restaurant known as Mcdonald’s. It is one of the most famous restaurant franchises in the world due to its trademark logo and many other attributes associating with it. It is one of the best restaurants due to their budget meals and also the way it appeals to people of all age groups. The McDonald’s franchise was founded in 1940 and has become one of the most desired franchises in the world with restaurants and fast food locations around the world in countries like Germany, India, Japan, South Africa, Canada, etc. Today, we will be looking at the different McDonald’s Job Opportunities that the company provides to the people. We will also be looking at the salary, age limits, the application process, requirements, and some other important things.
The restaurant’s main business is around burgers but the genius of the restaurant is not in its food. The genius lies in their ability to own real estate and then make restaurants in the owned space to maximize profits by the year. It is an empire in which profits are surplus and opportunities are endless. The many things you should remember about this restaurant is that due to these business opportunities around the world, the company creates employment opportunities in the areas the restaurants are built on. That is why these batches of restaurants are the most sought after and worked on restaurants in the world.
The many employment opportunities lead to success both in the business and in the life of the employee, due to which this company is considered as a leading employment provider in the world. That is why today we will be discussing the different employment opportunities that Mcdonald’s presents to its customer base.
Facts About McDonald’s Employment
There are many opportunities that you can get in a restaurant that is universally known around the world and has much employment for the people who desire to work to better their living. Their policies are very employee-friendly and their hourly jobs are desirable to college students and undergraduates who want to earn a little money to support their venture.
There are many sections in the work structure of a restaurant you can be a part of. But there are many responsibilities one will shoulder, the higher you move up on the hierarchy. There are opportunities in management, hourly staff jobs, designing teams, sales teams, research and development, content team, and many more.
Today we will focus only on the onsite restaurants because it is in the restaurants where most of the employment is needed and created. Other offices and team selections are done by professionals as to where minimum wage work is selected by the employer on-site. It can be the manager, an interviewer, or someone else who will conduct your interview. If you qualify, you will be trained in the concepts of your job, which will help you comfortably take on the daily challenges of the job.
It is exactly from this process where you will advance from, the hourly jobs will help you get experience and present yourself with more opportunities. McDonald’s has employed more than 2 million people in the different 30,000 locations around the world. These statistics tell us that it is very easy to get a job, even if you have little to no experience in the field.
Today we will be looking at the different opportunities you can get in the restaurants, including hourly jobs and managerial positions.
- Crew Members – The crew members are the most basic of the members that work in the franchise since they take care of the interaction with the people and make sure they are satisfied with the customer service. They are responsible for greeting the customers and making sure the kitchen and other items in the restaurant are prepared and stocked properly.
That is why they need to be energetic and intelligent with cleaning and maintaining a stock of the items. They must also have proper knowledge of the food menu so that it is possible for the kitchen to be stocked with the items that are the most popular and are used frequently. By doing this they ensure that the cooks and other members do not run out of items in the nick of time and the customer does not have to leave their restaurant unhappy. That is why you must be a good listener and speaker, and maintain a friendly attitude towards all people.
- Salary – The salary of the crew members depends on the tenure they have been working in the position, for most experienced people, it varies from 8 to 10 dollars, and for a beginner it stays in the range of 7 to 8 dollars.
- Benefits – The Crew members do not get as many benefits as the other positions since it is an initial position, and there is a lot of room for development for the people who work in this position. You can eventually get free meals and some other benefits like discounts and days off.
- Cashier – The cashier is the most widely given and accessed job in the world due to its simplicity and importance. The position might seem trivial at first but it is a very important position since the employees must make sure the transactions are done flawlessly and the cash in and outs must be recorded properly. The menu items and their prices must be properly remembered by the cashiers. The cashiers must be proficient with mathematics and must know the basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
This will help a lot even though there are electronic machines present. They must also know how to maintain a properly functional and friendly relationship with not only the customers but also the team members since proficiency and success depend on their team members. The cashiers must also be team players and know how to function and communicate within a team. It is with people that their job begins and ends.
- Salary – The salary of the cashier is always fixed due to the roles they are assigned. The variance might take place according to the experience and the performance shown by the candidate. The average salary is in the margin of 8 to 10 dollars per hour.
- Benefits – The benefits may or may not depend on the performance, depending on the branch you work at. But it is comprised of 401k plans, paid vacations, and also insurance and health coverage for mental, disability, eye, and others. This is an important position so ask about the benefits from your boss beforehand.
- Cook – The most important part of any restaurant is the food. If the food is good, even if the presentation and service are a bit off, it can up the ante in the eyes of the customer. That is why employers need to hire people who can handle the responsibility well and can improvise according to the needs of the customers. The cooks are primarily responsible for preparing the burger patties, french fries, smoothies, milkshakes, and other appetizers, sides which then get sent out to the team members for packing or set up in the trays. It is important for the cooks to be organized about their food preparation and also be hygienic oriented. You must know to cook meat at different temperatures and textures, you must know how to properly fry potatoes, chicken, and other things, you must know how to determine the right quality of seasoning as well. Your presentation skills must also be on point.
- Salary – The salary of the people working in this position depends on several factors but the main one is how much of a quality cook they are, the performance reviews from the guests and the speed of the orders sent out is also a major factor. The usual salary applies to cooks as well, from 8 to 14 dollars, the average is 10 dollars.
- Benefits – The cooks receive the same benefits as the other members including 401k plans, insurance, medical checkups, paid vacations, days off, and discounts from the restaurants.
- Manager – The manager is one of the influential figures of the restaurant and is responsible for the basic direction of the people working under him and has the responsibility of making sure that daily schedules and work are carried out smoothly with the staff members and customers. They also are the soul of the branch they work at. The reason for this is because the manager’s work ethic, discipline, and attitude determine the other employee’s direction and how well they respond to the customers.
That is why, if the manager is smart about his decisions and treats his employees well, it will do his work good and also make the overall vibe of the restaurant positive and encouraging. The managers must know how to perform their duties at a steady pace and also find newer ways to improve the sales of the particular departments and menu items that lack the qualities. They must devise new ways to make sure the menu items are considered and purchased more often. They are responsible for making shifts for the employees and must also train the newer employees, among other duties such as checking routinely with teams from different departments.
- Salary – The salary of the managers depends on the qualifications and experience, if you have a business management degree and 3 to 5 years of experience you can expect 50 to 60k on an average pay basis.
- Benefits – The benefits of the managers are far more than the other employees, they have benefits such as paid vacations, insurance plans, 401k plans, and many other discounted things from the restaurants.
The age for starting ou the Mcdonald’s team is 14. It is because the company wants to encourage people working at an early age to earn a living for themselves and pay their expenses.
The application process for the company is like any other company you may encounter. All you have to do is go to the website and search for the job that you would like to enroll in. After finding a job, click on the apply button this will allow you to make an account on the website and enter your personal information for the application. There is also a need to make a resume because it will help you get an edge over the other candidates, if you are just starting out working that is fine too. Just make a resume with your academic qualifications.
Fill the application with relevant information and makes sure to fill every column, it will make your form more presentable and then submit. The form can also be given offline by visiting the restaurant. Expect replies after a week or two. By going to the restaurant, you can analyze how you will work and look around the place to see how the place is. It will help you if you talk to the people working there as well because they will be your future colleagues.
There are minimal requirements for you to be a worker here but these are:
- Lifting 30 pounds or more, if required
- Being on time for shifts
- Working fast and accurate in rush hours and holidays
- Maintaining hygiene around the restaurant and making sure everyone follows it
- Keeping a check on team members as well.
- Knowing everything on the menu
- Other physical needs for the restaurant maintenance.
That is all you will need to know about getting a job at McDonald’s. It is easy as long as you have the will and the right mindset, be sure to study the company and dress well before your interview and you should be good.