Badcock Home Furnitures Careers is a chain of furniture stores owned by dealers and of over 370 stores in eight states across the southeastern United States. Founded in 1904 and headquartered in Mulberry, Florida, it is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers across US states, currently employing 1,200 people. The company provides their workers to work in a familial environment. Both Full time and part-time positions are open for freshers and seasoned workers.
Badcock Home Furnitures Careers
Minimum Age Requirement – A candidate needs to be 14 years old or above to apply at Badcock Home Furnitures.
Hours Of Operation
- Monday- Saturday : 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- Sunday: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Available Positions at Badcock Home Furnitures
Badcock Home Furniture is hiring nowadays for these positions: Retail Sales Associate, Retail Store Associate, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Receiving Supervisor, Financial Analyst, Benefits Coordinator, Traveling Inventory Analyst, Retail Manager.
Benefits of Working at Badcock Home Furnitures
- At Work
- Business Casual Workplace
- Career Advancement
- Competitive Pay
- Friendly and Enthusiastic Work Environment
- Collaborative Environment
- Work-Life Balance
- Health Support
- Wellness Program
- Continuous Training and Support
- Family-Focused Environment
- Professional Development
- Other Benefits
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K Matching
- Flexible Schedule
- Parental Leave
- Signing Bonus
- Bonus Pay
Badcock Furniture Employment
The company has had steady growth since its foundation in 1904. Candidates with having a background in sales or management may find careers by opening franchised locations. Headquarters at Mulberry also provides work opportunities.
Most available positions at Badcock Home Furnitures require High school diplomas or GED equivalents to apply. In addition, the furniture retailer sets up the minimum age requirement at 14 years of age. This means you need to be 14 years old to apply to any job position. Following entry-level jobs are available at the company:
- Sales Associate – Full-time and Seasonal Position
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Basic math and computer skills
- Communication abilities (Developed written and verbal)
- Must have a friendly personality
- Should have the ability to connect and establish relationships with customers.
- Can able to work in schedules; includes evenings, weekends and holidays
- Greeting the guests and customers entering the store and explaining to them the information regarding any product and program.
- Solely responsible for leaving company’s impression on customers
- Demonstrates the company’s products features and its benefits to the customers
- Promotion of sales and special deals
- Scheduling furniture deliveries
- Address customers queries, make sure they are satisfied
- Reinforce customer selections and assist them
The Sales associates earn average hourly pay, which generally ranges from $9 to $10.
- Delivery Specialist – Available as a part-time position generally.
- Operating and driving a delivery vehicle
- assembling the items and preparing merchandise for delivery
- Deliver merchandise safely to the customers’ location
- Installing the merchandise or guiding the customer on it as per customers’ demand
- Contacting with customers before every delivery
- Installing furniture in patron homes
- respond to minor service calls for repairs and other support
- Effective in following delivery schedule
- Physical Labor: Ability to lift 75 lbs, 200 lbs with assistance
- Valid commercial driver license
- Willing to work in pairs or teams
- Ability to be DOT certified
- Ability to work in flexible schedules, Monday to Saturday, including late evenings and weekends.
- HS diploma or GED
- Bilingual preferred
- Previous experience would be preferred.
The position of delivery specialist enjoys salary packages of $30,000 to $40,000 a year.
- Retail Account Management Specialist – The primary duty of a management specialist is to check on the collection activities for the store’s accounts receivables.
- Checking in with customers for their delinquent accounts
- Accurate Record maintenance
- Should know how to file litigation and attends court hearings
- Instructing the assigned store staff on appropriate collection techniques and regulatory compliances
- Maintaining compliances with Federal laws and corporate policies
- Provides assistance to store manager
- Associate degree
- two to four years experience in working with retail stores required
- Two years experience in management minimum, staff supervision experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in retail customer service, accounts management experience
- Can use a calculator for basic math calculations
- Ability to work in flexible schedules which includes work hours generally weekends
- Advance Knowledge of computer
- Good time management skills and can easily multi-task
- Can deal effectively with dealers through telephonic conversation.
- Can assimilate information and make decisions
- Can work under pressure under a supervisor
- Valid driver license
- Can do physical labor like bending, lifting, stooping, climbing, twisting and can reach with hands and arms.
- Should be able to lift to 50 lbs or move 200 lbs without damaging any merchandise and getting hurt themselves.
Indeed, the Retail Account Manager Specialist position gets an average pay of $36,000 per year, which is 30 percent below the national average.
- Financial Analysis Specialist
- Analyze the company’s financial data and current status which includes budgets, income statement forecasts as per the company’s goals and financial standing.
- Develop models of financial status and analyze benchmarking process.
- Conduct extensive studies of the company’s business on previous, future, and comparative performances and develop forecast models
- Can structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks based on the assembly of data
- Should be able to recognize market trends recent, give advice to the company and based on their analysis can recommend actions.
- Keep check of financial status by tracking and analyzing actual results according to forecasts.
- Adjust the transactions of data by comparing and correcting it.000
- Keeps update about the knowledge regarding the job for all new developments in the field
- influencing long-term company’s goals by consulting and having discussions with management to guide them and make strategic decisions seeing the broadest scope.
- Manage and direct improvement process and policy development methods that impact the whole functioning of the company.
Skills Required and Qualifications
- Four-year college degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Previous experience, one year minimum in financial analysis preferred
- Experience in financial forecasts and their diagnosis, corporate finances, and information analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, databases, and other financial software applications
- Analytical skills
- Problem solver and reasoning
- Excellent presentation, reporting, and communications skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Have basic knowledge in current financial subjects
- Field HVAC/Maintenance Technician
It is a regional position and required the applicant to reside within 30 miles of the workplace. A technician has to assist in maintaining, repairing, and managing construction projects of corporate stores and completing their project tasks while ensuring the store locations’ proper operation according to company standards.
- Submit timely reports and other status reports related to projects and work orders accurately.
- Provide Assistance in the procurement of dealer
- Can locate new contractors per needs.
- Work on special projects assigned by management
- Visits sites and does due diligence inspections; evaluates overall site condition.
- Make repairs and verify the quality of working of the vendors from outside
- Provide assistance to maintain compliance with ADA for all corporate properties.
- Communicate with others necessary to complete projects like employees, vendors, property owners, and contractors.
- Ability to perform maintenance work in general areas and preventative maintenance or repair works in a variety of areas which includes Commercial HVAC, lighting, plumbing, and flooring.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent; one year experience in technical or trade school would be given preference.
- Three years of minimum experience in general maintenance work like in Commercial HVAC, roof work, electrical maintenance, plumbing work, or maintenance in the building.
- Valid Driver license
- Ability to identify quality work and negligence from contractors.
- Can easily recognize issues related to maintenance and then determine the solution
- Able to communicate; collect information and have decision-making ability; can work under pressure.
- Well-built negotiation skills and conflict resolving skills and adaptable to changing situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solver
- Knowledge of computer
- Strong forecasting and future planning skills.
- Can manage time and should be a multi-tasker
- Can do physical labor including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and lifting to 75 lbs
- Ability to support and manage many stores under them.
- Can follow the work schedule
The average salary this position earns is $34,000 per year.
- Customer Service Representative – Available as a full-time or part-time job.
- Customer interaction
- Answering calls and listening queries and complaints
- Suggesting solutions and resolving them in case of complaints
- Following up with clientele when necessary
- Advanced communication abilities
- Friendly personality
- Can able to talk to customers effectively
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Effective time management
- Multi-tasking skills
- Well-built communication skills ( both verbal and written)
The position of customer service representative gets average hourly pay which ranges from $11 to $13 per hour.
Advantages of Working at Badcock Furniture
- The company has stores and operates in major cities.
- Fast-paced environment
- Advancement opportunities
How to Apply?
Candidates need to apply online. First, visit Badcock Furniture’s website and click on the career option- Badcock.com/careers. You can view all the current openings and further select the one you are interested in, or you can search the keywords for the information of the job position you are interested in.
The Application Process at Badcock Home Furniture
Candidates wanting to secure a job at Badcock Home Furniture must create their profiles on the company careers portal. And there would be an option of connecting their profiles to social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter to speed up the application process. Also, you can upload your resumes highlighting the relevant skills required for the positions like employment and volunteer experience, allowing job hopefuls to complete applications within minutes. You can also enter the references and educational background.
How To Keep up With the Application Status?
After applying online for the job position on the company’s website, a candidate can log back to their career profiles to check on their application status. The company’s portal is designed to allow job seekers to monitor when management received their applications. Candidates can also call or email the hiring manager or visit the store to check their application process.
Interview Process at Badcock Furniture
Interview at Badcock Furniture is quite easy, as reported by indeed. Generally, an interview takes one or two days to complete. Drug tests and background checks can also be conducted. Badcock Home Furniture is a furniture retailer and is always in need of people who are smart and talented, which means a candidate wanting to secure the job at the company should be talented enough to understand the company’s dedication to the customers as well as its goals to provide better services to its customers. In addition, a candidate applying should have effective communication skills to easily communicate to the customers and solve their queries and complaints. During the interview process, a candidate needs to be disciplined and show their passion, dedication, and eagerness to communicate to secure a position.
Frequently Asked Interview Questions
- Tell us about yourself?
- How would you handle a rude customer?
- Give an example of a time when you make a hard decision.
- How would you handle a manufacturing process problem?
- Why do you want to work at Badcock Home Furniture?
- Tell us about your experience.
- Where do you see yourself in the next few years? Here interviewer wants to know if you plan to have a future with Badcock Furniture and how clear your ambitions are. Here you need to be realistic about your career. Let them know you are willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- What is your driving record like? Mostly asked for driving job positions. Be honest because the company do the background check.
- How much can you lift?